• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hockeyref
    230 Tornado
    • Mar 19, 2008

Battle Wagon,
    Now I'm all for trout fishing; one of the best types of fishing there is, but come on, one weekend out of 4 or 5 to go wheelin' with the crew.... Come on, and get a little mud in your tires. Now if Adam and I can make it all the way from the 'Cuse, most of you "locals" have little excuse.
    '83, 258, SJ Cherokee, Gone!
    '98 ZJ Grand Cherokee, Larado 28Z
    NEW '98 ZJ Grand Cherokee, 5.2 LTD
    '00 WJ Grand Cherokee Larado 26F
    '72, 318, 4 Door Sedan Dodge Dart
    '72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
      327 Rambler
      • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by hockeyref
      Battle Wagon,
      Now I'm all for trout fishing; one of the best types of fishing there is, but come on, one weekend out of 4 or 5 to go wheelin' with the crew.... Come on, and get a little mud in your tires. Now if Adam and I can make it all the way from the 'Cuse, most of you "locals" have little excuse.
      Well tell you what, you get permission from my Lt. to take some time off from babysitting the fish, and then I'll come. I'm not there to fish, I'm there to watch other people fish.
      1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
      The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• hockeyref
        230 Tornado
        • Mar 19, 2008

Yeah know, I was wondering if that might be the case... lol. Sorry, but I couldn't resist. Well you take good care of all the little fishies for all of us, and sincerely thanks. Whether it's tread lightly or protecting fisheries for the next generation, it's all really the same thing. We'll miss ya on the trail though.

'72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• jeepfan93
          304 AMC
          • Feb 07, 2006

Bill, so long as the jeep doesn't let me down any more I'll be there with the dog. Won't be camping but another day trip like last year.
          Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
          >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
          87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
          1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by jeepfan93
            Bill, so long as the jeep doesn't let me down any more I'll be there with the dog. Won't be camping but another day trip like last year.
            Great Lou, happy to have you along for yet another adventure. Will Victoria be coming along also?
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
            1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
            It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• jeepfan93
              304 AMC
              • Feb 07, 2006

She probably will (someones gotta photogragh me getting stuck!). Wait this just in, NADA says my trucks worth some money to a dealer, and I REALLY need a newer car. Bill this thing is killing me. So if I still have after this weekend we'll be there. a week and half now to change the motor, I just don't have the time and cash is short. You gotta see the POS I've been driving for the past month and half since the motor in the wag went. Wait, can I bring my Ford if I sell the Jeep? OK I'm back in either way. Count on it.
              Jeeps are Jeeps, keep Jeepin
              >It's not about the ten hour drive to get the rust bucket jeep, it's about where your your going when it's done
              87GW 99 Durango 5.2 drivetrain, SOA 35in Falken Wildpeak. MT rims
              1997 Ram 1500 5.2 33in Falken Rocky Mounts for haulin

Comment

• Headhoncho
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Oct 11, 2006

Hey, my truck's half Ford and I've been allowed to participate. I saw Art has taken possession of the "baby bird" '715. My girlfriend threw up in her mouth a little when she saw it but I loved it. They're like a fine wine......all wrapped up in a beat up keg.

JR
                [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                1966 mustang fastback
                '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• hockeyref
                  230 Tornado
                  • Mar 19, 2008

JR,
                  Are you in? Hey you gets let me tag along in me ZJ right? Now granted it's still a real Jeep. Almost even Full Size as far as I'm concerned. I feel the ZJ does a nice job of carrying on the breed in terms of capability and luxury (GW's).

What are you asking for the trailer and will it be able to be street legal in NYS? See you guys soon....

Hey did you hear Raucsh Creek is being threatened with closure????
                  APRIL FOOLS!!!!
                  '72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                    360 AMC
                    • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by jeepfan93
                    She probably will (someones gotta photogragh me getting stuck!). Wait this just in, NADA says my trucks worth some money to a dealer, and I REALLY need a newer car. Bill this thing is killing me. So if I still have after this weekend we'll be there. a week and half now to change the motor, I just don't have the time and cash is short. You gotta see the POS I've been driving for the past month and half since the motor in the wag went. Wait, can I bring my Ford if I sell the Jeep? OK I'm back in either way. Count on it.
                    Who is this NADA? North American Drugtakers Association?

Lou, you're always welcome, drive what you've got when the time comes.
                    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
                    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
                    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
                      AMC 4 OH! 1
                      • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by hockeyref
                      JR,
                      Are you in? Hey you gets let me tag along in me ZJ right? Now granted it's still a real Jeep. Almost even Full Size as far as I'm concerned. I feel the ZJ does a nice job of carrying on the breed in terms of capability and luxury (GW's).

What are you asking for the trailer and will it be able to be street legal in NYS? See you guys soon....

Hey did you hear Raucsh Creek is being threatened with closure????
                      APRIL FOOLS!!!!
                      As of now I'm in but that may change as I may be performing an emergency flexplate transplant in my GF's 93 Bonneville. I also have inspection on my Jeep the 14th and Englishtown swap meet on the 18-20th. Lots to do. $350 for the trailer but it is going to Englishtown full of parts and hopefully NOT coming home with me. It should be street legal anywhere as it used to be an 82 j-10. Titled in Jersey under "homemade".

JR
                      [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                      1966 mustang fastback
                      '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                        304 AMC
                        • May 02, 2003

Looks like I will be there for sure! I am trying to get off work on Friday, spend the day with a buddy so he can practice for the RC Rock comp, go home Friday night, wife works, and be back on Sat to wheel and hopefully spend the night Sat night and wheel again on Sunday. May or may not have wife and kids with me for Sat. and or Sun. Are we doing the potluck dinner again or are we all on our own for food? THANKS!
                        FSJ-Earl
                        2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                        2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                        1989 GW - the one that started it all
                        1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• hockeyref
                          230 Tornado
                          • Mar 19, 2008

Earl,
                          Great to hear that you are coming. I want to hear your Diff at the machine shops story again.... lol. I for one would like to try and do the pot luck thing if others are into it. My son Adam will be coming and it sure would be nice if one or two other younger ones tagged along as well so he had someone to hang with at camp at night. But obviously you and yours will do what you need to do. Nancy and Naomi are almost certainly not joining us this trip as they both have other things to do.

I've invited a fellow ZJ friend, Josh, who has been very nice to me and my Christmas Jeep. Check this out, he and his fiance Nicole are going to be celebrating their 4 year anniversary on the trail with us. What a Jeep family celebrating your 'versary on the trail... Anyhow, he's telling me that she is an awesome trail cook and really enjoys cooking for folks to boot. So they wants us to bring lots of goodies to share and whip up, and Nicole will do what she can to feed the troops. It sure sounds good to me. They may have one other Jeep coming with them as well, so I think although not everyone can make it, we are going to have a nice turn out none the less.

Hey how about I name my ZJ "St. Nick" with his green and red theme from the junk yard door swap???

For those of you who did not know him, Mike and family came and took "Ol' Jack the Jeep" last weekend. The FSJ that launch a love affair with full sized Jeeps and was the inspiration for our club... I'll tell ya, it sure was weird watching my old truck drive off on someone else's trailer. So I would really like to drink a toast to Mike and family Saturday Night for taking ol' Jack and hopefully doing something with the old boy. He certainly deserved to "die with his headlights open" as the Klingons would like to say. I sort of wish he could have died in battle, on the trail like any good Jeep should. And if they have chosen to part him out by then, because they just can't save all of him and he becomes a donor, then perhaps we can have a moment of praise for him, to honor his memory... To old "Jack the Jeep", the '83 SJ Cherokee who launched an entire club.

Well have a good night one and all, Adam and I are getting Psyched
                          Paul
                          '72, 318, Plymouth Scamp

Comment

• RockZJ
                            232 I6
                            • Apr 16, 2008

Hey everyone! RockZJ, aka Josh Paul's buddy. My fiance' Nicole is a great cook that would more than likely be glad to cook grub for everyone, provided shes not paying for all of it haha. I will be bringing my 97 ZJ thats a little setup, mostly stock. I have a buddy with a YJ thats coming up also so I will have four people in my "crew" heading up on Friday.

FSJ-Earl I will actually see you Friday! Im going to meet up with BigD at the comp course as well so I will see you guys there hopefully. I spoke with BigD and he's heading back up to Rausch on Sunday so if I miss him Friday well get to wheel with him on Sunday. So that makes 3 ZJ's! Paul, were slowly taking over the world haha! Cant wait to get up there and meet everyone, eat some grub, talk Jeeps and do some wheelin'. See everyone next Friday!

Oh and just an FYI, ya'll can call me Doc if you want. Studying to be one, so its up to you. Take care,

RockZJ
                            97 ZJ 5.2 with Waggy Upgrades- SOLD
                            98 ZJ 5.9 with many upgrades- Need Sold!

FSJ HUNTING! Here I come!

Comment

• RockZJ
                              232 I6
                              • Apr 16, 2008

Paul, we shall say a toast to your ol Jeep. I agree, it would have been an honor for it to go out in style on the trail. Yeah, as Paul had mentioned its my fiance' and I's 4-Year Anniversary that we are going to be celebrating with you guys on the trail. I lucked out with her I swear, she doesnt mind getting dirty and is cool with celebrating our special day in the woods stuck in a puddle haha! Thanks again guys, cant wait to meet everyone!

RockZJ
                              97 ZJ 5.2 with Waggy Upgrades- SOLD
                              98 ZJ 5.9 with many upgrades- Need Sold!

FSJ HUNTING! Here I come!

Comment

• Headhoncho
                                AMC 4 OH! 1
                                • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by RockZJ
                                ! Cant wait to get up there and meet everyone, eat some grub, talk Jeeps and do some wheelin'. See everyone next Friday!
                                RockZJ
                                Don't forget about talkin' Mopars too!! I just bought a "new to me" 07 Charger.

BTW, I'll have my new friend, Mr. 6 point rear spindle nut socket hanging from my rear view mirror just in case.

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                                '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

Working...
                                X