• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fulsizjeep
    Señor Jackhead
    • Aug 21, 2002

2010 Ouray FSJ Invasion - July 21-23, 2010

Hey Y'all - Time to start planning for 2010. This will be year 11 above the timberline in the San Juan Mountains for Krista and I and we enjoy your company on the trails up there every summer!

Plan to be checked in to the KOA by Tuesday evening (July 20) because we start hitting the trails Wednesday morning.

We have set aside some tent sites at the KOA again. They will be held open for FSJ Invasion attendees until at least the end of December 2009. Please remember: if you cancel less than 48 hours before your arrival date, you pay KOA for at least two nights. Your bill with KOA is your responsibility. Here is the KOA web site: OURAY KOA We recommend you reserve your KOA site by contacting Dave by email or call 1-800-KOA-8026 and ask for Dave. The office is open 8AM to 10PM until Labor Day. When you contact the KOA, tell them you are with the Full Size Jeep Group (not FSJ group).

FSJ Invasion set aside sites: 44, 45, 46, 46A, 47A through F, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51

Please post up here or PM me when you reserve a KOA site. THANKS!

As always, bring your low range or park your big dawg at the KOA.

Local Directions:

Last edited by fulsizjeep; 02-15-2010, 06:18 AM. Reason: add pic and link
    Flint
    Ran when parked.
    http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
    76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
    http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com
  • RiverRat
    327 Rambler
    • Aug 09, 2006

I think we were supposed to be in 47B, I'll email Dave again. We reserved our site for Sunday night until the following Sunday morning, we'll see what happens... I'm ready for a do-over!!
    Last edited by RiverRat; 07-29-2009, 09:37 AM.
    BethAnn

Project CHOP TOP Tornado Jeep for Ouray 2013
    (I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• RiverRat
      327 Rambler
      • Aug 09, 2006

Dang, who has 47B? I was trying to be quick and get a good site next year!
      BethAnn

(I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• Gambler68
        Rabble Rouser
        • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by RiverRat
        Dang, who has 47B? I was trying to be quick and get a good site next year!
        That's where Ralph usually grabs.
        1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
        1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
        The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• will e
          Always Broke
          • Nov 16, 2001

I signed up for site 56. I received confirmation of the reservation (automated) but not for my specific site request...

I may rent a trailer from Montrose. Anyone want to make a few bucks and pull it to/from the camp for me???
          82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• RiverRat
            327 Rambler
            • Aug 09, 2006

No, I thought Ralph liked 47? I guess it's a mystery for now...
            BethAnn

(I'm not dead yet!)

Comment

• bigun
              • Feb 10, 2003

I just requested 47F
              charlie
              KB0HXA
              "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
              congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
              How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
              Robert A. Heinlein
              The birth of CROM is recorded here
              http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• Tad
                • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by RiverRat
                No, I thought Ralph liked 47? I guess it's a mystery for now...
                I may have screwed up then.
                I had Dave reserve 47 for us thinking that's where we were in 2008.
                We can switch with someone if that's a problem but Dave confirmed for us yesterday afternoon that Tad = 47 for July 21-23, 2010.
                2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

Originally posted by Tad
                  I may have screwed up then.
                  I had Dave reserve 47 for us thinking that's where we were in 2008.
                  We can switch with someone if that's a problem but Dave confirmed for us yesterday afternoon that Tad = 47 for July 21-23, 2010.
                  You and Em were in 47 the last time you came up. Ralph has been in that spot before as well.

*edit* ah well, I could have sworn you were right next to us. <shrug>
                  Last edited by Jeepstress; 07-30-2009, 06:28 AM.
                  Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                  77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                  The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                    Señor Jackhead
                    • Aug 21, 2002

Don't think it makes that much difference but you were in 48 last year Tad. This is first come first served type stuff. Negotiate your camp spots and use a beer can for a wheel chock.

2008 KOA Map

Flint
                    Ran when parked.
                    88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• Tad
                      • Nov 30, 2001

Cool, I couldn't remember.
                      Kinda wanted 48, as I recall it has more open space and I'll be converting my welder trailor for hauling, so I don't have so much crap in the rig.
                      We'll figure it out.
                      2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                      EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                      Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• bigun
                        • Feb 10, 2003

Heard from Dave 47F is mine Monday - Sunday
                        charlie
                        KB0HXA
                        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                        Robert A. Heinlein
                        The birth of CROM is recorded here
                        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• BassnTruck
                          258 I6
                          • Oct 23, 2006

I have been wanting to try to make this for a few years now. Now the wife really wants to go. We would have to drag the kids along also. lol But there is no way the wag will be ready in time. Our best shot is for me to get this thing finished up to go.
                          It will have my wags old axles so it will be just like a FSJ (any part I can get cheap is put into it) (has a Ford drive train). I have 2 projects to finish in front of it. So if I can get those done and make some real progress on this I will reserve a site. About how long untill the sites start really filling up? I remember in past years they can go quick but when does the rush really come?

Thanks

Comment

• BRUTUS
                            360 AMC
                            • Dec 06, 2005

I think Erica is sufficienty hooked on the Ouray experience. We will be back!

Next year I am going to try and get the BluGa Whale down there as well so I can do Blackbear.

Mike, I will tow it for you. No worries.
                            "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
                            Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
                            Current Homepage Status: RUNNING

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                              Señor Jackhead
                              • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by BassnTruck
                              About how long untill the sites start really filling up? I remember in past years they can go quick but when does the rush really come?
                              We try to get people motivated to reserve before Christmas. After Jan 1, Dave opens the sites up to anyone to reserve them.

Even though this is an FSJ gathering, we get different types of rigs join us each year. A few important things to prep for:
                              1 - elevation (smaller jets in the carbs or decent fuel injection)
                              2 - vapor lock (even fuel injection systems can get vapor lock)
                              3 - brakes!
                              4 - LOW RANGE IS REQUIRED or leave it at the KOA
                              Flint
                              Ran when parked.

Comment

Working...
                              X