• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BRUTUS
    360 AMC
    • Dec 06, 2005

Moab trip name

Since Moab is pretty off road specific and there isn't a specific "moab events" thread, I figured I would post this poll here.

What is the consensus for the name of the Moab trip?

My vote is for "FSJ Slickrock Incursion: Project Alpha" for the military black-ops non-specific undertones.
    Moab FSJ Safari
    0%
    FSJ Slickrock Incursion: Project Alpha
    0%
    Moab Full Size Boobie Safari
    0%
    Something with the word "infiltration"
    0%
    Something with the word "incursion"
    0%
    Other... you have to post what your "other" would be!
    0%

The poll is expired.

"Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL
    Current Jeep Status:Under The Knife
    Current Homepage Status: RUNNING
  • Desert Beast
    360 AMC
    • Oct 05, 2002

If it aint broke, fix it 'till it is.

Comment

• FSJ Guy
      • Mar 20, 2005

Don't you have a full time job????
      Ethan Brady
      1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• Desert Beast
        360 AMC
        • Oct 05, 2002

looks like boobie safari might take the lead.

Comment

• shimniok
          360 AMC
          • Jan 08, 2003

other?

Moab FSJ Deployment?

Michael
          Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
          1986 Grand Wagoneer "Troubled Child" ? tc.wagoneer.org ? Facebook ? KØFSJ
          Stock 360, TBI, 727 with TransGo, NP208, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MT, WT Axles, Lock Right & ARB, OBA

Comment

• joe
            • Apr 28, 2000

Er uhm...maybe loose all the cutesy/fluff/media/harrywood lingo/title/ BS and just the.... "FSJ Moab Trip" <shrug>???
            joe
            "Don't mind me. I'm just here for the alibi"

Comment

Oh, alright. If it has to be a word that starts with "in", let it be the Moab FSJ Invasion.
              Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
              77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
              The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• BRUTUS
                360 AMC
                • Dec 06, 2005

Originally posted by FSJ Guy
                Don't you have a full time job????
                Yes I do... but what my boss doesn't catch me at... I am not guilty of

Originally posted by -joe
                Er uhm...maybe loose all the cutesy/fluff/media/harrywood lingo/title/ BS and just the.... "FSJ Moab Trip" <shrug>???
                That is boring... doesn't leave any openings for t-shirts or bumperstickers! Everyone knows about the performance gains FSJ's get from cool offroad bumperstickers!

Originally posted by Jeepstress
                Oh, alright. If it has to be a word that starts with "in", let it be the Moab FSJ Invasion.
                Everyone uses "Invasion" and it brings to mind massive quantities of troops running roughshod over third world terrain. Whereas the black-ops undertones of "Incursion" bring to mind highly trained specialized teams on a tactical mission and yet lack the sexual overtones of other black-ops keywords like "Insertion."
                Last edited by BRUTUS; 11-30-2006, 04:48 PM.
                "Brutus" '74 J10 360/T18/D20/Front D60 Pro Rock & ARB/2" shave, ARB, 15 bolt FF Rear/ 4.56 Gears/38.5 x 16 TSL

Comment

Originally posted by BRUTUS
                  ........over third world terrain.
                  You've never been to Moab, I take it?
                  Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                  77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                  The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• Gambler68
                    Rabble Rouser
                    • Feb 29, 2004

FSJ "Shock The Mormon" Invasion 07(set to the tune of Shock The Monkey)

FSJ "Boobies Or Bust (It's All The Same Anyways) Invasion 07

FSJ "We Brought Our Own Beer" Infiltration 07

FSJ "We're Not Terrorists, Honest" Invasion 07

FSJ "We're Not Rolling Parts Donors For Your Baby Jeeps, So Don't Ask" 07

I could go on....
                    1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                    1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                    The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• viscacha
                      350 Buick
                      • Dec 11, 2002

I voted for other. The cutie stuff doesn?t have much to do with wheeling. Invasion is already a familiar fsj event so why not continue to use it. Everyone could just continue to use ?fsj invasion? and put a name in front of it. Moab FSJ Invasion 2007.

I?m going to try and make it.
                      steve

?86 J20
                      SOA, Dana 60's, F/R Lockers
                      Full High Steer, Ram Assist
                      Bunch of Other Stuff

Comment

• j20krawler
                        232 I6
                        • Jul 24, 2006

i love how the boobie safari is going to win but i can almost bet money that it wont be accepted... on the otherhand, FSJ boobie safari would be a pretty cool bumper sticker ... plus it will add +5 horsepower to any fsj bumper it touches

hehe... i just realized how far the boobie safari is in the lead... ill have 3 bumperstickers please
                        Last edited by j20krawler; 11-30-2006, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• rampagefsj
                          327 Rambler
                          • Feb 16, 2005

Full Size Rocks
                          Full Size in the Rocks

I'll probably think of more later.

Edit: I'd like to edit my post to state that I won't be going, and probably won't be able to for at least 2 years as I go to college. I'm just giving name suggestions for a trip that I'd like to take some day.

Names for this edit: Big Jeeps, Slick Rock
                          MoabFSJ Safari, MoabFSJ Invasion, Either one.
                          Last edited by rampagefsj; 12-01-2006, 08:22 AM.

Comment

• Desert Beast
                            360 AMC
                            • Oct 05, 2002

haha, this reminds me of the time when i was a senior in high school. they wanted a name for our graduation, and i submitted "Keep on Truckin' ". everyone thought it was great and it actually won the vote. but the teachers axed the name b/c it wasnt classy enough. ended up using "we are the future" or something gay like that.

Comment

• BRUTUS
                              360 AMC
                              • Dec 06, 2005

Ok... So this will be a long post. If you don't want to read it all press "page down" a couple of times.

In all fairness I would like the name of the trip to reflect the opinions of the INTERNATIONAL full size Jeep community represented on this site. I do not intend to violate the family values of this site (Krista... are you with me?) with the name "full size boobie" (which in all fairness is singular, not plural if I may point that out) IF it does in fact win out. I don't want this to be something that I choose by myself and impose on everyone that attends because I think it is amusing (which I honestly do think at this point). I think that it is only fair as I wouldn't want anyone else on here imposing on me in a similar manner.

I set the expiration of the poll for 90 days from the exact minute that I posted it so there is still plenty of time to hear everyones opinion. I felt that three months was appropriate since the MOAB trip is five months away! Since the poll feature is limited to 10 polling items and the ones used came from the Moab attendee thread, I would like to open it up to ideas beyond even those posted above. So here are the rules as I see them:
                              1. ALL votes from IFSJA members with a JOIN date of December 2006 and beyond will NOT BE CONSIDERED A LEGITIMATE VOTE! NO EXCEPTIONS.
                              2. Everyone with a JOIN date before DECEMBER 2006 gets one vote.
                              3. If you want to vote for something that is not listed, vote "other" in the poll at the top and state in your EARLIEST post to this thread (edit you post if that is what is required) what you vote for. Please keep them within the rules outlined by your membership in this forum. If others like the name you propose... they will use them in their post.
                              4. When the polling ends on February 28th, 2007 the votes will be tallied and the winning name is final. SIMPLE AS THAT.
                              Four rules... Funny thing is I thought there would be more when I started listing them. I feel this is the only way to perform this task democratically...

Think I am kidding? Here is the Moab attendees list as I have just edited it:

To all the nay-sayers... Steve, -joe and I am sure others... What life is worth living if you can't raise some eyebrows and stir the pot a little? Life is REALLY short... why not have some fun with it. I still love you guys even if you want to call it "Moab in a Full Size Jeep" or something like that.

To this end, I will say this, I am for the first time in my life considering putting a boobie grille on my beloved BRUTUS for the greater cause that is "MOAB Full Size Boobie Safari 2007." There I said it! First Flint comes out and admits that he loves rhino's but hates the publicity surrounding them and now I am pouring my GRILLE (instead of "real") feelings out to YOU... FSJ masses! HEAR ME NOW! No the rhino is not on sale! It will be put back on upon return from Moab.

On a sidenote, I posted this poll while I was at work, laughing as I left my "full time job" to go play pool on my pool league. A couple of beers and a few cut-shots later I return home to a couple of PM's and a decent "stir" of activity in both Moab threads... almost brings a tear to my eye! It took those couple of beers for me to notice that I miss-spelled "suggestions" when posting this poll and spelled it "suggustions!" DOH! It humors me that it took those beers to notice it... but the lack of beers to type it!

There I am done!

EDIT: If the mods will keep an eye on this thread and lock the thread down after the polling is done I would appreciate it.
                              Last edited by BRUTUS; 12-01-2006, 01:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X