View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 07:11 PM

Thanks guys for keeping an eye on my build..hopefully you can help keep me in line later when i actually start doing things. I havnt looked into how 37's would fit, but ive read that putting the J's body onto a ram frame is good for a few inches in height. The ram has worn 35's rite now, so i should be able to gage fitment issues before buying 37's.
Ive been doing a lot of research and talking with my friend whose into 94-98 rams. I was considering a doing an auto to manual swap (nv4500 or zf5/6), but im starting to think its not worth it, and ill just rebuild the the 47re auto myself to handle 4-500hp (valve body, billet input shaft, new clutch packs, and triple disk torque converter).

Apparently the frame trade is back in conversation. My friends cousin likes the extended wheelbase trucks, and wants my cab/frame. In trade ill get my friends 134" frame.

EDIT: I was talking with my friend and he said it would be fine if we cut, welded, and painted the frame up here so that when we take it down south to put the kaiser onto it, it will be finished. So it will still be a 120" wheelbase.

Ill still be going home the 30th to work on some cab rust, and to park the ram, but will have to wait on my friend to bring the 134" frame down to me.

Last edited by Mudbull : 10-05-2011 at 08:16 AM.