• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Trosskyll
    230 Tornado
    • Jul 13, 2017

Originally posted by DarkMonohue
    Welcome! "Deep south", indeed. The grits must be gooder'n hell that far down.

I think you made the right choice buying all three, as long as it doesn't impact your marital bliss, living arrangements, etc. Restoring all three is pretty ambitious, but it is a huge advantage to have an extra vehicle to rob parts from, compare assemblies, and so on.

You mention that the ambulance and farm truck have a "5.1 petrol in-line 6". By 5.1, do you mean liters? I'm not aware of any inline sixes around that size, but there's a lot I don't know about southern hemisphere vehicles. Our Jeep/AMC six was a 258, which is 4.2 liters. What/whose engines are in your trucks?
    You are right Mr. DarkMonohue - inline six engines are both AMC 4.2 litres.
    Marital bliss will remain that way provided I keep to my promise of exploring the remote back country tracks and camping as we go. Long gone are the days of hiking on foot!!
    (2x) 1982 J20, 1976 Cherokee Chief

Comment

• MadMax78
      258 I6
      • May 26, 2010

Welcome aboard

Wow. Three J trucks. I?d love to just have one. Good luck with your builds. Your gonna have some fun.
      MadMax78
      78 Cherokee Chief, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake

Comment

• Trosskyll
        230 Tornado
        • Jul 13, 2017

Originally posted by MadMax78
        Wow. Three J trucks. I?d love to just have one. Good luck with your builds. Your gonna have some fun.
        Thank you MadMax78.
        By the way, would your last name happen to be Gibson, and your first name Mel? Because if that is the case, I thought you would be all shook up over Ford GTO - Australian style, rather than Jeep trucks. Buthey, I think your choice is far better than the cars. So thank you sir for your wishing me good luck. I think I will need some of that too. Cheers!
        (2x) 1982 J20, 1976 Cherokee Chief

Comment

• MadMax78
          258 I6
          • May 26, 2010

Originally posted by Trosskyll
          Thank you MadMax78.
          By the way, would your last name happen to be Gibson, and your first name Mel? Because if that is the case, I thought you would be all shook up over Ford GTO - Australian style, rather than Jeep trucks. Buthey, I think your choice is far better than the cars. So thank you sir for your wishing me good luck. I think I will need some of that too. Cheers!
          LOL. No. Sorry. I do love the car though.
          MadMax78
          78 Cherokee Chief, Wide Track, 360, TH400, Quadra Trac, SOA, 35" BFG KM2, Edelbrock Carb & Intake

Comment

Working...
          X