• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SOLSAKS
    304 AMC
    • Jul 25, 2016

wow,....so nice.

done with the precision of a brain surgeon.

thanx for the photos

it was good to see the picture of you and bill.

nothing like old friends.

you have completed one of the nicest restorations on the planet.

dave in NC
    SOLSAKS - dave
    1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
    1982 J-10 Fleetside
    1988 grand wagoneer
    2004 RUBICON jeep
    Benson, NC

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

Your work speaks for itself, but what I would like to address is the power of friendships. Almost anyone would help a friend work on a broke down car for half a day or two, that's easy enough, right. But this right here is different, and thanks for allowing us to sit down and witness it all unfold. We are all bombarded with how the world is going to hell in a handbag. This is not true, what you did for a friend is how we should act all day and everyday. Actions like yours make me pause, and realize we have a lot to be proud of here in our own little part of the world . It has been a cool build, but that picture of you and bill really brought it into focus. Congrats on the win! You are a Bad A$$ builder, but a better friend.
      1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• chubbinius
        258 I6
        • Oct 31, 2018

Al, that is an incredible beauty, a work of art.

Congratulations to both you and Bill! What a wonderful testament to your friendship, artistry, creativity, and determination. I am sure that Julie and Liz smile seeing how happy all the time, effort, and devotion you had to this project have made so many folks (including all of us who have watched you kindly document progress and work all these years) so very happy! Quite a powerful statement for you, sir!

Thank you for sharing all you have done on beautiful Sadie. Thank you to Bill for giving you something so wonderful to share with all of us as well. Thank you, Al, I am so grateful for all you have shared.
        1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
        -Dauntless 350 V8
        -D27 front/D44 rear
        2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• rang-a-stang
          Administrator
          • Oct 31, 2016

wait.... "the End"... I don't understand... what does that mean? What is this "end" you speak of?

I am super happy for Bill and Julie, love the pictures (I printed a couple up and hung them up in my office), and excited to see what you are going to do next but, at the same time, I am super sad to see this build finished because that means no more/hardly any more updates.

Thanks for all your time and lessons learned in this build. When I see people say things, in the "Introduce yourself" pages, like "tons of good information on this forum", this build thread is a primo example that we think of. Thanks to Bill, too, for enabling you to do all this.
          Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
          (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
          (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
          79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
          (Cherokee Build Thread)
          11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
          09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
          00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
            360 AMC
            • Oct 02, 2002

I am borderline confused today. And I feel tired. I think it is sinking in. The build was almost a way of life for me. A significant chapter of my existence where lots happened. And a lot changed for me. Being done represents closure to several things. Things I need to put behind me. I am looking forward to many exciting (to me) projects I have had in the wings waiting.
            I have always been a Jeep guy. Sadie was not the first Jeep I built for a friend. I have one more friend that wants me to rework his 71 CJ-5. I helped him find that one also. I keep saying no, but he keeps insisting and he knows I am weak when it comes to Jeeps.
            All the things mentioned about my friendship with Bill are great. And very true. True friends and friendships do not require effort to maintain. I used to say I am lucky. The real true defination is blessed. I am blessed to have Bill and his family to call my family. I am blessed to have what my Grandpa left me, just enough to buy the tools I needed to reach the goals and complete the job at hand. Some people would go on vacation. Not me.
            I had the most fun ever. Being on this board with great like minded people always has and will be a hoot. I need to get my 69 X model uncovered. I just hope it does not take as long to get fixed. My wagoneer has no name. It is in better shape than Sadies was at the start. So thats good.

And I realized my tinkering with trying to find better solutions was displayed on this thread. I believe in sharing the information to help save each and every FSJ. So saying the end is weird.

I do have this. I found window wipe clips that are the same as the ones on the aftermarket wipes. So in theory they could be installed on bulk wipes of a different design that might be a better solution. From Midwest Muscle Car Specialties. They are tempered steel and brittle will probably only fold once.
            I will try to find a better wipe for all the windows.

These are NOS and exhibit the factory correct black oxide finish just like the factory installed. You will get exactly what is pictured. Do not go off of the compatibility chart as it may not be correct.

I appreciate this place and the people here. Very much.
            Melford1972 says...
            I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
            -----------------------
            I make wag parts
            1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
            1969 1414X Wag in avocado mist
            1970 1414X Wag in avocado mist
            1968 M715 restomod
            2001 Dodge 3500
            2002 Toyota Tundra
            2006 Toyota 4runner was Liz's, parked

Building a m715 over at the m715zone
            Beloved wife Elizabeth Ann Temple Murdered by covid on Oct 19th 2021

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• rws31
              258 I6
              • Dec 10, 2016

Originally posted by Kaiserjeeps
              I am borderline confused today. And I feel tired. I think it is sinking in. The build was almost a way of life for me. A significant chapter of my existence where lots happened. And a lot changed for me. Being done represents closure to several things. Things I need to put behind me. I am looking forward to many exciting (to me) projects I have had in the wings waiting.
              I have always been a Jeep guy. Sadie was not the first Jeep I built for a friend. I have one more friend that wants me to rework his 71 CJ-5. I helped him find that one also. I keep saying no, but he keeps insisting and he knows I am weak when it comes to Jeeps.
              All the things mentioned about my friendship with Bill are great. And very true. True friends and friendships do not require effort to maintain. I used to say I am lucky. The real true defination is blessed. I am blessed to have Bill and his family to call my family. I am blessed to have what my Grandpa left me, just enough to buy the tools I needed to reach the goals and complete the job at hand. Some people would go on vacation. Not me.
              I had the most fun ever. Being on this board with great like minded people always has and will be a hoot. I need to get my 69 X model uncovered. I just hope it does not take as long to get fixed. My wagoneer has no name. It is in better shape than Sadies was at the start. So thats good.

And I realized my tinkering with trying to find better solutions was displayed on this thread. I believe in sharing the information to help save each and every FSJ. So saying the end is weird.

I do have this. I found window wipe clips that are the same as the ones on the aftermarket wipes. So in theory they could be installed on bulk wipes of a different design that might be a better solution. From Midwest Muscle Car Specialties. They are tempered steel and brittle will probably only fold once.
              I will try to find a better wipe for all the windows.

These are NOS and exhibit the factory correct black oxide finish just like the factory installed. You will get exactly what is pictured. Do not go off of the compatibility chart as it may not be correct.

I appreciate this place and the people here. Very much.

Holy cow! I was also looking for those clips to replace the clips on the new window wipes on my drivers door. For some reason, the clips on the wipe don't line up with the holes in my door for the wipe. They are way off. Finally found these from Rock Auto last night and ordered them.

While searching for stuff for my project, a lot of times my google search would lead me right back to this sight and a lot of times to your build thread. I think that says a lot about the info on this sight and about your build. I certainly appreciate you passing that knowledge on to others.
              89 GW, 454, 700R4, 241C, 411's with posi's, 9" rearend, 2500 stall, lifted, and lots more to do.
              1988 Ramcharger
              1999 International 4700 Crew Cab 4X4, custom step side bed
              2003 Durango 4x4
              1982 CJ7 4 banger
              2008 MB E320 Bluetec

Comment

• 78 WIDETRAC
                350 Buick
                • Aug 19, 2003

Thank you for spending the time taking photos and documenting this build as you have. It really should be archived in a book form also.

I am fortunate to have followed it from the beginning looking forward to the progress. and watching it to the end. So worth it! I just wish it could be your own to keep.

Comment

• jaber
                  Dragin Az
                  • Oct 17, 2003

As always, you have produced a better then factory rebuild. WOW, what a beautiful Jeep... Congrats to all. Can't wait for the next build...
                  Jeff

'43 cj2a
                  '51 Willys p/u
                  '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
                  '68 Panel Delivery
                  '74 CJ5
                  '75 J-20 Wrecker
                  '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
                  '77 J-10 p/u
                  '79 Cherokee
                  '88 Grand Wagoneer
                  '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                    360 AMC
                    • Oct 02, 2002

Thank you guys. I still get up and habitually check in here. I do think sharing parts finds are important. I have found some stuff (and I did) by reading search results and saving a lot of time getting parts here to install.
                    I actually enjoy the late night searches. It is part of my wind down evening process. With my head finally hitting the pillow, I would go through the next build or assembly or repair in my head. Visualization works. I would fall asleep and forget what I had thought about.

rws31 that is super cool rock auto carries those. I like rock auto. Thanks for posting that. Those clips are sure brittle. I had one break off the TGW rear outer wipe. The pointed ears broke. It fell off removing it from the package. I did not have a replacement and it got installed missing that one. It seemed to not affect it at all. So when installing in a new wipe, I bet they would have one shot at spreading those ears and securing it.

On the tailgate glass run. I forgot to mention that I folded a shop towel several times into a thick square. I then soaked the towel with silicone spray and ran the towel edge up and down the glass run. It made a difference.

I told Bill it will probably need that a couple times a summer. The window ran up and down pretty fast. I was surprised at the difference in the flexible glass run from Steele over the glass run you get for these rigs. It was worth the fitting efforts.

I pulled the 68 Jeepster in the shop yesterday. I have just a couple rust holes to fix. And when that is done I can return it to it's owner and move MY 69 X wagoneer into the shop. It does not need as much as Sadie and is not stock anymore. I want the body to be original. I guess I will do a build thread on it. I also want to keep making all the parts so I don't loose my edge.
                    Melford1972 says...
                    I’d say I feel sorry for you, but I really don’t, Mr. “I-stumble-into-X-models-the-way-most-people-stumble-into-Toyota-Carollas.” 🤣
                    -----------------------
                    I make wag parts
                    1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                    1968 M715 restomod
                    2001 Dodge 3500
                    2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                      360 AMC
                      • Oct 02, 2002

Photobucket has generated pay plans for data. Instead of grandfathering me in they now want a monthly payment. I deleted 40 pages of old junk that no longer matters. I tried to preserve Sadies pictures. I am concerned they will nuke my pictures and destroy the thread. Is there any way to preserve this thread? I will pay if I have to. But we are trying to reduce our monthly expenses and this does not help. I heart PB.
                      Melford1972 says...
                      -----------------------
                      I make wag parts
                      1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                      1968 M715 restomod
                      2001 Dodge 3500
                      2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

• SJTD
                        304 AMC
                        • Apr 26, 2012

I was going to get on PB and cancel the auto-renew. Maybe I won't.

They renewed my original deal last time even though they were trying to get the big bucks. It was late in that fiasco though and maybe they had already decided to go back to the original deal or whatever they settled on.

What are they trying to do now? I haven't gotten any communication from them. I just posted a few new pic a few days ago and it went the same as always.
                        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• cu4whln
                          304 AMC
                          • May 16, 2008

"EPIC"

Epic build.

Epic Effort.

Epic teacher.

EPIC RESULT.

Congrats sir !
                          It's not yours 'til ya bleed on it . . . https://forums.ifsja.org/core/images...s/rolleyes.png

1977 "401" 'Da Chief
                          1979 Chero: "Madness" [Sold]
                          1972 J4000
                          1985 CJ : Renegade -locked and loaded
                          2005 Unlimited Rubicon - Built
                          2012 Artic JK 4 door, 2016 JK 2 door

'Da Chief here: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...ighlight=chief

Round 2- LT Swap: 'Da Chief:
                          http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=188457

"Madness" build here:
                          http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=89280

Comment

• o.r.t.
                            230 Tornado
                            • Jun 18, 2018

Originally posted by Kaiserjeeps
                            ..Is there any way to preserve this thread? I will pay if I have to. But we are trying to reduce our monthly expenses and this does not help. I heart PB.
                            It's just a matter of the site and server owner(s) deciding to download or you email/submit the relating photos to be put to storage.
                            From there they are then server supported through a dedicated and backed up server-point file.

*I'll ditto what Jim just said, EPIC for sure. I don't post much in here but this has been my main go-to thread in here since the beginning.
                            Thank you so much for sharing all of it with us. It's been an awesome ride.

Shane

Comment

• bkilby
                              350 Buick
                              • Jan 10, 2016

Wow, what a beautiful build. I can't believe it's done. When I come to this board, I always head to the build threads first to see updates. This thread especially. I'm glad to see Sadie done, but sorry to see her go. Can I donate a few bucks for the Sadie foundation to keep PB from killing the thread?
                              1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• Kaiserjeeps
                                360 AMC
                                • Oct 02, 2002

Originally posted by bkilby
                                Wow, what a beautiful build. I can't believe it's done. When I come to this board, I always head to the build threads first to see updates. This thread especially. I'm glad to see Sadie done, but sorry to see her go. Can I donate a few bucks for the Sadie foundation to keep PB from killing the thread?
                                Geez Brad, that is generous. No I have it covered. What a very outstanding thing to offer. I need to send PB an email to ask where I stand. I am confused on that. My initial notification was a pop up window telling me I was over in data usage according to their new plan structure. Then the window went away and I can't seem to find out what is up by looking. I really don't want to see the thread get ruined by loss of pictures. I put hundreds of hours finding part numbers and things that worked. With the intent of passing it along. In the end all that achieve's is helping save other rigs by making it easier to find solutions. Our rigs are becoming more unique every day that passes. They are the coolest thing since popcorn.

I pledge to not take as long on my 69 X model. It is taunting me in the garage. I can hear it at night whispering......put me back together....echo echo....
                                Melford1972 says...
                                -----------------------
                                I make wag parts
                                1969 CJ-5 41 years owned
                                1968 M715 restomod
                                2001 Dodge 3500
                                2002 Toyota Tundra

Small violin, large amp

Comment

Working...
                                X