• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dissinnick
    230 Tornado
    • Jan 15, 2014

McGlones

I have owned 6 FSJs over the years and am from Boise.

I dont blame anyone for loving idaho, or Boise even, but yeah the negative effect on our beloved town has actually driven alot of the people away.

Separately... I have called Joe McGlones for advice and pricing a few times over the years and have had the roughest time talking with him. Every single time I have talked to him it has been a confrontational. Also everyone i have met with an FSJ in the area says the same thing.

Funny thing is I keep trying to take business to him because of the silo of knowledge... but am really not looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
      Wisdom. Well said.
      Don't have to, the gov't there is doing a great job of it on their own...

No idea of what you do for the feds, but if you can transfer to BLM or USFS, probably your best bet if you can find an open slot they are recuiting for. I sit on a BLM RAC that takes in the NE 1/4 of Oregon and Hell's Canyon.

Also some gold to be found around there if you get into it.
      Art
      ASE Master Collision Tech
      "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
        304 AMC
        • May 01, 2004

Silver City (ghost town) used to be one of my favorite day trips. I know there was silver out there, figured there would be gold as well. panning was something i always meant to try. I know some folks still run dredges up there.

Dang this makes me miss the area even more.
        One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
        http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
        95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
        50 CJ3A
        77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• Herk
          350 Buick
          • Jun 12, 2006

Most of the vehicles in the yard at Maglone's have been there for a long time. I'm not sure he does much business. I know he'll never get any of my money. Hell he complained bitterly 20 years ago when I took some work to him and the insurance company was picking up the tab.. It was basically a blank check job. Maybe he does good work, but everybody I've ever talked to about him only can agree that he is a total a$$
          There are 2 rules to success in life...
          Rule #1: Don't tell people everything you know.

1971 J-4700/Buick 350 Stage 1/TH400/D20/D44/D60/Koenig PTO Winch
          2005 LJ Rubicon Pretty close to stock

Comment

• newtojeeps
            350 Buick
            • Jun 28, 2006

Some people from my area have moved up there or have bought places there to retire to. Most of them, I say good by and don't let the door hit you in the...... Their politics were way off note.

Comment

Working...
            X