• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 18cherokee
    350 Buick
    • Jul 21, 2003

Originally posted by Fiodh. Argus
    Here's a link to a write up when I was doing the conversion two years ago.

thats a great write up - maybe you can submit it to the technical library on these boards - as I'm sure 'pane is going to gather further momentum.

me, i run dual fuel - i have an impco 300 mixer sitting on top of the carb & a 60L tank down back where the spare tire used to be. this is a really common set up for SJ wagons in Australia. i run it on petrol one day a week just to keep the gaskets & seals etc in the fuel system supple.

i just had my engine rebuilt & went with an "RV" stage 1 cam, hardened valves & stainless guides specifically for propane although i believe any engine built for unleaded is unlikely to have any severe valve recession problems. but as an extra precaution i'm also about to install a valve saver kit - have a read HERE & HERE. this system apparently keeps the top end lubricated, so i figure its a bit of insurance & extra peace of mind.

i also run an oil specifically blended for propane - again for peace of mind, HERE.

the only issues i encounter is a compromise with the fine tuning as i do run it on both fuels & the engine should be advanced for LPG.

i'll have the LPG system looked at in a few weeks & get her onto a dyno too.

good luck, i'll try to help you out any way i can...
    Black Cherry 1989 Grand Wagoneer
    S&J rebuilt AMC360
    IMPCO Propane

Comment

• Tigger4X
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • Nov 16, 2001

But thanks for reviving it. You saved me from having to hunt for it. I'm getting ready to convert my '74 J-10 over to LPG
      Originally posted by will e
      Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
      Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

Working...
      X