X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBG928
    232 I6
    • Jul 29, 2016

I ordered a set about 2 months ago from Western and still waiting. Will let you know when they arrive.
    1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
    1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
    1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
    1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

• HoosierWoody
      230 Tornado
      • Dec 23, 2015

I have 3D mock up done, and given to a local guy to quote and get me sample extrusions for stainless steel. Praying it is not out of this world expensive.
      I'm even working on recreating the corner piece. No promises on that either.

I also contacted wagoneerwest and got some info, I emailed back to see if their's is one long piece for top and small front piece as the pictures looked like short pieces with a coupling or two (insert groan here). That was a few weeks back and unfortunately no response. If one long piece, I am going to get my quote and if close in price, just buy one of theirs and give a detailed opinion with pictures of theirs versus what I am hopeful to do (again priced right).
      Anyone know of someone who actually bought from them and can show pictures, talk quality, etc..?????

I am vigilant, every time I walk up to mine all I look at is that missing drip rail!
      Working on my first one!
      Making progress on 1987 Woody.

Comment

• PBG928
        232 I6
        • Jul 29, 2016

No luck with wagoners west. Ordered two sets. Numerous excuses, PayPal calls me to verify they are legit. Claims he is overwhelmed. Finally gave up and asked for refund. Opened case on PayPal. Now he claims he is having trouble with PayPal. Definitely need 3 sets so count me in if you find a source.
        1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
        1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer(sold)
        1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
        1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
        1985 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
        1978 Jeep CJ-5 (sold)
        1968 AM General M35 (Sold)
        Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Comment

• HoosierWoody
          230 Tornado
          • Dec 23, 2015

UPDATE

Wow, a year went by fast. Anyone still interested in this? I have finally gotten back on this project and found someone to quote me on one piece drip rail trims. One long one short, shaped to slide onto the channels and ability to slip into the corner pieces. They are quoting the least corrosive stainless steel mirror finish to match corner.

I'm dialing in the exact length. Would those interested please let me know what they think of these lengths? Long top = 92.25" and the short front = 22.125"
          Working on my first one!
          Making progress on 1987 Woody.

Comment

• KnoxvilleWag
            232 I6
            • Mar 05, 2013

I'm still interested. Let me know the progress. What's the price point you're shooting for?
            1989 Grand Wagoneer, Rebuilt AMC 360 (300hp, 400 ft.lbs.), Repainted in close-to-original Burgundy (Land Rover "Anniversary Claret" 2006), replaced faux wood decal and rubber trim with 70s style wood stripe and chrome trim.

Comment

• cameronb1988GW
              230 Tornado
              • Apr 17, 2016

Dead Thread Resurrection 2

If anyone knows a source for actual metal drip rails, I want a set, badly.

Comment

• frossfross

• May 14, 2011

Drip rail trim soon available another

Hello my friend, I work currently on project to rebuilt the rain gutter, in stainless style version include, main gutter, the corner and on each side of the windshied, subscribe to my newsletter to stay inform about this project.

I am continually trying to make some hard to  find parts  for older Jeeps like the Gladiator  or the Wagoneer  available on the market. This includes design ,  prototyping ,  production  and distribution, not to mention the marketing
                My name is Dominique, my mother tongue is french, I own a restored white jeep full Size Cherokee chief 1978 - I really like the FSJ and I decided to engage my time to help you during your restoration, I rebuilt some older and unavailable parts for these. I do this after my main job. Currently I sell bumper nerfs stripe for 81-91 grand wagoneer and clear lens cover for 64-75.

My store : http://jeepcherokeechief.ecwid.com
                E bay : http://stores.ebay.com/jeepcherokeechief

Comment

• frossfross

• May 14, 2011

Originally posted by HoosierWoody
                  Wow, a year went by fast. Anyone still interested in this? I have finally gotten back on this project and found someone to quote me on one piece drip rail trims. One long one short, shaped to slide onto the channels and ability to slip into the corner pieces. They are quoting the least corrosive stainless steel mirror finish to match corner.

I'm dialing in the exact length. Would those interested please let me know what they think of these lengths? Long top = 92.25" and the short front = 22.125"
                  Is that project is always in progress? Thanks for your feedback
                  My name is Dominique, my mother tongue is french, I own a restored white jeep full Size Cherokee chief 1978 - I really like the FSJ and I decided to engage my time to help you during your restoration, I rebuilt some older and unavailable parts for these. I do this after my main job. Currently I sell bumper nerfs stripe for 81-91 grand wagoneer and clear lens cover for 64-75.

My store : http://jeepcherokeechief.ecwid.com
                  E bay : http://stores.ebay.com/jeepcherokeechief

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                    304 AMC
                    • May 01, 2004

bringing this back up. Anyone had luck with having these made or found similar for a suburban or other wagon that could be cut down?
                    One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                    http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                    95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                    50 CJ3A
                    77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

• BamaWagoneer
                      230 Tornado
                      • Oct 21, 2018

I joined the forum just to post in this thread

Definitely interested in anything that might lead to a good set of drip rails. The Wagoneerswest website doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Comment

• SJTD
                        304 AMC
                        • Apr 26, 2012

Another year's gone by for Woody. Over the length? Make them an inch too long and people could trim them.
                        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• malcoll
                          230 Tornado
                          • Sep 07, 2014

So is this dead? I need stainless drip rail trip for my 1990 Wagoneer!

Comment

• acct21
                            327 Rambler
                            • May 20, 2014

If you have the plastic trim that has simply yellowed, there was a post on another site where a guy took acetone on a clean rag, and carefully went down the length of the trim ONE time, in one direction. Says it completely removed the yellow and looked like new again. YMMV.
                            1990 Grand Wagoneer with HD towing package -- everything works! (for now...)

Comment

• uberhahn
                              232 I6
                              • Dec 14, 2003

I ended up removing mine fully and plan to paint them body color. I cut the front edge at an angle to avoid the sharp angle. I think it'll look ok.

I would have liked "new" but can't find them...
                              It followed me home, honest...
                              Newly acquired 1986 GW. 4? (I think Rusty?s lift).
                              Needs interior work. Smells like a refinery on the outside. Relatively rust free.

Comment

• KnoxvilleWag
                                232 I6
                                • Mar 05, 2013

I'm still waiting...

[IMG]<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/88EvfARM1YaCQ" width="480" height="317" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/little-rascals-our-gang-spanky-88EvfARM1YaCQ">via GIPHY</a></p>[/IMG]

I removed the plastic ones (they weren't worth keeping) and kept the stainless corner elbow pieces. I painted the drip rails when I painted the Wag. Doesn't look too bad. But I'm willing to buy some stainless trim pieces if anyone makes or finds them.
                                Last edited by KnoxvilleWag; 05-23-2019, 11:02 AM.
                                1989 Grand Wagoneer, Rebuilt AMC 360 (300hp, 400 ft.lbs.), Repainted in close-to-original Burgundy (Land Rover "Anniversary Claret" 2006), replaced faux wood decal and rubber trim with 70s style wood stripe and chrome trim.

Comment

Working...
                                X