• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guitarsail
    232 I6
    • Mar 09, 2011

Originally posted by Florida83FSJCherokee
    If your coming you should PM rocky with stuff you need to fix your truck.. Saves you trip and shipping/freight on larger stuff...

JP
    Thanks for hosting this btw!

Comment

• JP
      Where horseshoes are not a game
      • Dec 12, 2012

Originally posted by []V[]AXX
      I can roll out on the 21st. I work on the 20th. Post it up with details, and I'll make plans to come out for the Sunday.

we got three so far... you in?

JP

And its my pleasure... its a bout time we did this.
      THIS RESTORATION WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE THING I HAVE EVER ATTEMPTED TO ACCOMPLISH HONEY, I SWEAR!!!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

83 Cherokee
      resto thread:
      http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=162358

Comment

• JP
        • Dec 12, 2012

nevermind...

Just saw your PM

We got 4! who else is coming?

PJ
        THIS RESTORATION WILL BE THE MOST DIFFICULT AND EXPENSIVE THING I HAVE EVER ATTEMPTED TO ACCOMPLISH HONEY, I SWEAR!!!

83 Cherokee
        resto thread:

Comment

• guitarsail
          232 I6
          • Mar 09, 2011

I've been so depressed looking at my banged up jeep, ill be so happy to get some new parts on it.

Comment

• JP
            • Dec 12, 2012

Originally posted by guitarsail
            I've been so depressed looking at my banged up jeep, ill be so happy to get some new parts on it.

Make sure Rocky sees these pics so he can pull or source what you'll need before that weekend ... if you guys work out the bill ill go by and pic it all up so its here for you..

Jp

83 Cherokee
            resto thread:

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

I have everything except the WT fender and Razor grill (I shipped a Razor this week). I may have the light surround. How late will you guys be there?

Comment

• guitarsail
                232 I6
                • Mar 09, 2011

I'm good without a grill or light surrounds for now.

Comment

• JP
                  • Dec 12, 2012

Ok, The official invite...

Sunday the 21st of July 2013 Shop Day at Doghouse Forge.

The Street address is below, Im opting not to include which unit # but it will be quite obvious which one is a shop for Jeeps and Blacksmithing.

2034 Edenfield Place
                  Lakeland, FL

My phone number at the shop is 863-450-7770 if you get lost...

I will be there from 7am untill we are ready to call it a day/night... All Florida/southeast FSJ folks are invited and its totally fine if you cant drive your jeep. Just come and lend experience, a hand, or learn something.

Doghouse Forge will be sponsoring lunch and grilling burgers and dogs. If your vegatarian, Im sorry for you first off, and second bring your own tofu. There will be H20 , Sodas , tea, etc.. avaible as well.

Being that its the first Shop Day attempt lets leave the beer at home untill we get to know each other a little bit. Not that Im a prude, but Id rather avoid any uneeded issues this first time out the gate.

Pyro and Guitarsail have expressed interest in fixing a few issues they are having on their J-10 and Cherokee, so I look forward to hopefully getting some stuff off your checklist. Anyone else that has something they want to work on post up, and if you need parts get with Rocky (rocklaurence) before hand! to arrange any purchases. Rocky is not open Sundays, and wont be able to stop by untill later in the afternoon/evening. However, I will be glad to pick up things for anyone coming, and keep it at the shop so its there for use if needed. (Rocky's shop is 4 minutes away so its not an inconvience)

I think that about covers it, PM me if you have any other questions.

Im really excited to meet some of you folks and see some jeeps!!!... who knows? maybe this could become a monthly thing...

JP
                  Dog House Forge
                  This is a " P. R. A. " approved event

83 Cherokee
                  resto thread:

Comment

• pyro
                    258 I6
                    • Sep 15, 2012

im trying to convince the two j10 guys that live by me to come out too. we'll see..
                    '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
                    '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Guitarsail; I purchased the J10 in Orlando. The front fender looks solid but is a little twisted but usable. You'll need to take a look at it. I have the two piece front valance (several of them) for you to look at and many hoods.

Jerome, is this the type of roll bar your looking for?
                      PS Im still looking for the canister

Anyone else: I have a complete Gladiator grill set up--PM me for price

And Edelbrock Performer Intake
                      Last edited by rocklaurence; 07-08-2013, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• pyro
                        258 I6
                        • Sep 15, 2012

naw the OEM one...how is that dash pad? i just cracked the faux-speaker grille on mine while trying to clean it.

how do the side view mirrors look? mine are all corroded and beyond polish. im hoping it has a somewhat complete a/c system as evidenced by the lines in the top pic.

so far i have the under dash unit w/lines, a reman compressor and new drier. not sure what else i need to make it all work again...
                        '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
                        '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

The mirrors are good, the dash has a small crack and the AC unit is junk. The AC and dash were tan but have been painted black.
                          Jon, what day and time is good to drop off Jeret's parts?

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Jerome, Ill drop the mirrors and evap canister at Jon's. That way if you want them they're there for the event.

Comment

• JP
                              • Dec 12, 2012

Weekend head count and recap

Just wanted to recap before the weekend..

So as of now I have a head count of :

Pyro
                              Guitarsail
                              Rocklaurerce + 1 (lol...sorry, sounded like a wedding invite)
                              Swampedge
                              []v[]Maxx
                              Myself

Please post what time your planning to arrive if possible... If you need the address please refer to the above post for location and phone contact info

If you are coming and are not listed please let me know so I can plan lunch accordingly...

As for eveyone already confirmed I will be there around 7am (coffee is brewed all morning) and we will stay untill we get the projects that need attention finished. I have a couple friends coming that are very handy with the wrenches and 4x4's mechanics to assit where my own expertise might be lacking... As mentioned before if your project requires a special tool you should probably bring it in case I dont have it.. Otherwise plenty of basic shop tools, basic guages, and air tools are availible... If your partial to your own tools that it fine, just take it upon yourself to keep track of them throughout the day.

For anyone needing general automotive supplies there is an Advanced Auto .5 miles away and they open at 930am. Pep Boys 5 miles away , and napa 4 miles away...

Thanks and I am excited to get to meet you all.. Safe travels and see you Sunday!

JP

83 Cherokee
                              resto thread:

Comment

• []V[]AXX
                                350 Buick
                                • Nov 10, 2009

I'm hoping to be down there by 10 AM, but I'll have to see how Saturday goes. I actually planned on bringing drinks, and stopping for food on the way, but I'll play it by ear.

Comment

Working...
                                X