• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littlehandegan
    232 I6
    • Dec 13, 2012

Where do you order parts?

What sites do you order your parts from?

Brakes,belts etc?

Trim, chrome, aesthetics?
  • Tripwire
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Jul 30, 2000

NAPPA
    Abort? Retry? Ignore? >

86 GrandWag. Howell fuel Injected 360. MSD Ignition + Dizzy. 727/229 swap BJ's 2" Lift and 31's

88 Wrangler 4.2, Howell TBI and MSD - Borla Headers w/ Cat-back + winch and 31's AND a M416 trailer (-:

Comment

• serehill
      Gone,Never Forgotten.
      • Nov 22, 2009

Yeah ditto on the Napa

Napa rocks in my opinion. Trim & stuff Is usually for me Ebay Teamgrandwagoneer.com. Bj's In that order for me.

80 Cherokee
      360 ci 727 with
      Comp cams 270 h
      NP208
      Edlebrock performer intake
      Holley 4180
      Msd total multi spark.
      4" rusty's springs
      Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• FSJunkie
        The Nigel Tufnel of the FSJ world.
        • Jan 09, 2011

Napa, because I work there. It means I get a killer employee discount and don't have to trust some stoned out parts slave somewhere else. Napa was always the best place in my town for finding rare AMC parts.

Unfortunately, as newer cars keep coming out, parts for the older or more rare cars are leaving the shelves to make room for newer or more common things. Our focus is the most common makes and models from 5-20 years old. By far the most common vehicle I sell parts for is a 1980-2009 Chevrolet 1/2 ton. It seems that and Ford pickups are the only vehicles I sell parts for around here. The most common engine I sell parts for? Chevrolet 350, of course.

That's why I hate Chevys: everyone has one or wants to swap parts of a Chevy into their own vehicle. A guy can have a 1972 Chevy and get any parts he needs in stock, while even basic parts for a 1972 AMC-Jeep are special order only.

Awhile back someone came in for parts for his CJ-5. I told him I was a Jeep guy and he walked me out to show me his Jeep. I complimented him on how nice it looked and he replied "If you like that, you're really gonna love this!" as he proceeded to raise the hood. I'm thinking "Built 401?" when I see a shiny brand new Chevy 383 and my face turns to an understated frown while he's rattling off horsepower and performance mod figures. Before I look up, all the local town hics are showing up in their lifted Chevy pickups and surrounding us both while praising his "dream engine" and shaking their heads in jelousy.

I wanted to scream.
        Last edited by FSJunkie; 07-07-2013, 08:57 PM.
        '72 Jeep Wagoneer Custom, 360 V8

I love how arguements end as soon as Ristow comments. Ristow is right...again.

Comment

• 4x4Dad
          258 I6
          • Aug 19, 2008

Amazon.com. It has a pretty good selection of quality brands at a decent price.

I've got the Prime membership for free two-day shipping. Just takes a little advanced planning. Sometimes I buy a part I might not need. If it's cheap, I'll use it. If it's expensive, I'll mail it back for a slight loss of cash ($5).

When I need it now, I'll drag myself to AutoZone or O'Rielly's. Pep Boys if I'm really desperate. But then again, my rig isn't my daily driving, so sometimes I just have to wait, which allows me time to mellow out, put the giant hammer down, and back up two steps.
          Tucker

88 GW, AMC 360 with Doug Thorley headers, Howell TBI, NP242, TF727, 3.31 gears and the tow package, Magnaflow muffler and cat, BJ's 4" springs + 2" blocks and 1" shackles, and 1" body lift, 32" BFG's, aluminum rad, K20 front brake calipers.

My Jeep has tricked me into thinking I know what I'm doing.

Comment

• pyro
            258 I6
            • Sep 15, 2012

BJ's, napa or advance
            '81 J10 Laredo 258/T176
            '82 Cherokee 258/TF904

FSJNetwork Florida FSJ's Click Here!!!

Comment

• Crist Clapper
              I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
              • Apr 28, 2008

I have found these folks to be very Jeep knowledgeable, below average shipping charges, and fast delivery. They are located in walking distance from the Crown distribution center which makes them a great source for aftermarket stuff.

Oconee Off-Road located in the Classic City Athens Georgia. Is your local source for wheels tires and level kits and lift kit for your pickup truck Jeeps and SUVs. Aftermarket accessories for Chevy, Jeep, Ford, RAM, GMC, Toyota and many more. Shop now.
              1990 Grand Wagoneer:
              Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
              Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

• tgreese
                • May 29, 2003

RockAuto.com, or my neighborhood Advance.

Napa has a lot of stuff, but they are overpriced.

WalMart for batteries and fluids.

Oconee is good for Crown and Omix stuff. I think they actually stock the stuff. They get around the drop-ship pricing that most of the other Jeep specialty retailers use, and ship for reasonable prices.

I go to BJs for hard-to-source FSJ stuff.
                Last edited by tgreese; 07-08-2013, 07:45 AM.
                Tim Reese
                Maine beekeeper's truck: '77 J10 LWB, 258/T15/D20/3.54 bone stock, low options (delete radio), PS, hubcaps.
                Browless and proud: '82 J20 360/T18/NP208/3.73, Destination ATs, 7600 GVWR
                Copper Polly: '75 CJ-6, 304/T15, PS, BFG KM2s, soft top
                GTI without the badges: '95 VW Golf Sport 2000cc 2D
                ECO Green: '15 FCA Jeep Cherokee KL Trailhawk

Comment

• Herezja
                  232 I6
                  • Apr 06, 2011

Rockauto for general parts usually

BJs, Craigslist, Ebay for the harder to find stuff; occasionally the for sale section on IFSJA if the timing is right

And then O'Reilly for the basics....fluids, bulbs, common parts, etc.
                  1983 Jeep Cherokee Laredo - The "SwackMobile"
                  2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - The "Buford Bus"
                  2011 Dodge Ram Outdoorsman (the player to be named later)

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                    304 AMC
                    • May 02, 2003

ZM Jeeps!

I try to use as many small local parts stores as possible. I try my best to stay away from the "if it's not in my computer system, it doesn't exist" type of parts store.
                    FSJ-Earl
                    2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                    2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                    1989 GW - the one that started it all
                    1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• austinaubinoe
                      360 AMC
                      • Aug 08, 2010

Originally posted by FSJunkie

I wanted to scream.
                      Im right there with you. The only good thing about 350's is that if you anything else people are automatically impressed
                      Austin

1991 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer
                      5.9 2bbl-727-NP229-TFI-30x9.5 Firestone M/T's-Brush Guard-tire mount
                      SOON: 4350 and cast iron intake

Others:
                      -1994 Baby Grand
                      -2000 XJ cherokee on Tons
                      -1953 REO M35A2 6x6
                      -1955 Willys Pickup

Originally posted by rustywagoneers_com
                      i am not an addict, i can stop anytime.
                      i dont have a problem, you people have the problem.

Comment

• BGW
                        350 Buick
                        • Jan 02, 2009

Rockauto, BJ's, and O'Really?'s (I've found they have the best selection of USA made parts for a chain parts store. Also, around here, they're the only store that doesn't have monkeys working behind the counter.)
                        1991 Grand Wagoneer, Stock, 99k.

My buddy Sam: "...as far as gas money goes Peter's car is as thirsty as an alcoholic on St. Patricks day..."

Comment

I use Rock Auto or Napaonline.com to look numbers up then call them in.
                          Jeep gauges are for amusement only. Any correlation between them and reality is purely coincidental.

Comment

• cma
                            350 Buick
                            • Jan 26, 2012

Rockauto
                            Bj`s
                            Ebay
                            Network > IFSJA
                            Markus!

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Note: Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson

Cherokee Chief Laredo, 360 cui, selec trac, black, 12/1982

Picture story:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1019823...eat=directlink

Comment

• Crist Clapper
                              I'm being stalked by Steve... Save me!
                              • Apr 28, 2008

After oconeeoffroad.com ... http://www.rockauto.com/ is good resource.

RockAuto's shipping charges are higher than Oconeeoffroad. But as far as after-market stuff... I found RockAuto had higher-quality items that the others did not carry.
                              1990 Grand Wagoneer:
                              Delilah - def: "White Lady (cocktail) with the additional ingredients of egg-whites, sugar, and cream"

1987 XJ Wagoneer Limited:
                              Desiree - def: ?Much Desired? [orig: French] ? Desirable Charcoal Gray façade, Wood-grain vêneers,and Tan Leather éssentials"

Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association (FJS-PRIS)

Comment

Working...
                              X