• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • itselliot
    350 Buick
    • Aug 28, 2010

Team Grand Wagoneer

So, I am in need of EVERY weather strip gasket on my J 20...
    I go to the TGW website and discover that their "master weatherstrip set" includes Generic door seals...not the formed set.
    So I inquire with TGW...via email..... and.......after a 2 day no response.....I leave a voicemail because they don't pick up the phone.....EVER.....

Do they somehow know I am going to be a bad customer ...???
    Or are they just plain >#@$#%%#@$# not available anymore?

Just curious
    If the PM's are full,...try e mail!
    [email protected]
    616 four 03 44 0 five
    '78 J-20 401 Q/T not quite stock anymore....Frame off Resto Mod..Super Cab nearing completion. SOMEDAY
    "90 GW 360/727/229/3:31s 2" lift (SOLD in 2015)
    '78 CJ7 Built from Scratch over a 7 year span.
  • 440sixpack
    327 Rambler
    • Jul 21, 2016

I got all of them for my J10 from BJ's . they seem fine. probably the same ones as you're looking at there are only one or two manufacturers.

If you're talking about the door seals that go in the window frame they are formed. they look a bit different than the originals but they'll work.

When you're working on 40 year old rigs that aren't that popular or numerous beggars can't be choosers. you kind of take what you get.

Comment

• mattmopar440
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • May 17, 2007

Never go to team grandwag for ANYTHING unless you want less money and dissapointment

87' Grand Wagoneer
      401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
      84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
      80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
      74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
      Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
      Inferior Chevy

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
        350 Buick
        • Jul 09, 2009

Not sure I would go that far?

My TGW door seals, and for that mater all of the weather stripping I have bought are much better quality than BJ's. OH!
        And I did not have to cut them to fit either.
        (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

• ShagWagon
          350 Buick
          • Apr 10, 2016

Ya they pain for answering the phone. Sometimes has taken me a few days to get someone. Seems earlier is better for me.

But it's worth it when you finally do get someone who's pleasant to talk to.
          87 GW- Fitech EFI,Fitech FCC,Skyjacker Hydro 4" lift,BFG AT KO2 30",Dynamax muffler,MSD distributor,MSD 6al box,Blaster2 coil,ACCEL 8mm,.045 gap,Edlebrock perf 4bbl intake,Elgin perf cam,HD alum radiator,Powermaster 150alt,Alum HD H2O pump,Serhills tailgate harness,Cowl screen mod,Evil Twin grab handles,Rstep's custom AMC lock knobs

Comment

• billyrb
            BJ's Off-Road
            • Aug 15, 2001

In addition to the universal seals,we have the OEM style door seals with molded corners here:

We also now carry the cargo area fixed window seals for the 4-doors.
            BJ's Off-Road
            [email protected]
            Your source for '63-'91 FSJ Parts

Comment

• mattmopar440
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by asphaltrockdweller
              Not sure I would go that far?

My TGW door seals, and for that mater all of the weather stripping I have bought are much better quality than BJ's. OH!
              And I did not have to cut them to fit either.
              http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=172505
              87' Grand Wagoneer
              80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
              Inferior Chevy

Comment

• acct21
                327 Rambler
                • May 20, 2014

Originally posted by mattmopar440
                Just replaced my motor with an s&j motor through bjs off road and broke the cam in as per instructions and all seemed fime but 30 miles later I have a serious top end tap (well actually from the valley area) to say I am gutted is an understatement! Waited months on it coming to Scotland. .....

Just saying -- they all seem to have their "poorly responsive" moments.
                1990 Grand Wagoneer with HD towing package -- everything works! (for now...)

Comment

• mattmopar440
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by acct21
                  http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=182513

Just saying -- they all seem to have their "poorly responsive" moments.
                  One event vs dozens and im sure BJS will fix that issue somethings take time

this took me 2 min using google BTW
                  Yup, yet another bad Team Grand Wagoneer experience. I ordered new seat belts for $274 and a new set of tan interior carpet for $319. Both had serious issues when they arrived. It's been over a month now and despite repeated phone calls and emails there has been no answer regarding replacement. The carpet I chronicled in

OK...I know that some people in the past have had issues with Team Grand Wagoneer, but I tried anyway. I ordered a cable for my heater and 2 sets of 2 51015 alternator belts because there are double pulleys and I'm told they are supposed to be replaced with matched pairs. So I get my package with the heater cable...OEM fits

there have been thread after thread over the years of the poor service this company provides. it is this reason we are warning new guys of this company. buy at your own risk.

Ordered a hood cable assembly and a new air cleaner assembly from them. A week or so later, after parts from other vendors had arrived, I called them because the order was still listed on their site as "pending." Girl on the phone put me on hold for a long timee and then told me she'd have to check the warehouse for

I just thought I would share my experience... I called them on the phone to order a dozen or so parts: window wipes, weather stripping, lock set, etc. The lady on the phone asked "what year vehicle" - I said '82 cherokee - I hear her mumble XJ. I correct her and explain that it is a full size. She didn't get it. She

Hi guys, I am trying to order some stuff from TGW but they don't answer my E-mails ( 4 of them ) or answer the telephone ; I rang them up just yet ; it should be office hours, or ? ? ? I heard a tape and that was it ... Are they on vacation or out of bussiness or don't they like customers from abroad or is it my odeur :D

A+

F
                  Last edited by mattmopar440; 04-25-2017, 08:42 PM.
                  87' Grand Wagoneer
                  80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
                  Inferior Chevy

Comment

• SJTD
                    304 AMC
                    • Apr 26, 2012

Why the googley moogley do they have vent holes where they're going to fill up with dirt and water?????

Originally posted by billyrb
                    In addition to the universal seals,we have the OEM style door seals with molded corners here:

We also now carry the cargo area fixed window seals for the 4-doors.
                    Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• billyrb
                      BJ's Off-Road
                      • Aug 15, 2001

Those are to allow air to escape and the doors to close quickly and easily. The original Jeep seals had holes in them as well, in different spots
                      BJ's Off-Road
                      [email protected]

Comment

• SJTD
                        304 AMC
                        • Apr 26, 2012

I understand why they have them, I wondered why they are on the outside where they will collect debris rather than the inside or lower edge.
                        Sic friatur crustulum

'84 GW with Nissan SD33T, early Chev NV4500, 300, narrowed Ford reverse 44, narrowed Ford 60, SOA/reversed shackle in fornt, lowered mount/flipped shackle in rear.

Comment

• 63suv
                          230 Tornado
                          • Oct 16, 2015

Window and door weather strip source

Taken from the TEAM GRAND WAGONEER website.....what a joke. Sorry but I need to flex my 1st Amendment rights here.

"....These are better than the Original! You will find that our Exclusive door seals are molded in the corners (unlike the OEM seal which is cut and glued together) and angled perfectly! You can only find these DIRECT FIT, BETTER than Original, Reproduction Seal here at TEAM GRAND WAGONEER. This Kit Will Fit The Jeep Grand Wagoneer & Full Size Wagoneers & Full Size 4 Door Cherokees From 1963-1991. This Complete Weatherstrip Kit Comes With Everything That You Could Possibly Ask For (& available) On Your Grand Wagoneer Or Full Size Wagoneer As Far As Weatherstripping Is Concerned!...."

Ok - you have all had your warning. Now can anyone steer me in the direction of weather strip for the fixed glass quarter window in the rear doors ? I lack these two pieces to finish the entire glass install on my 67 Super.
                          Thanks.
                          Mike Adams
                          FL
                          63 J300 DRW stake
                          64 J300
                          67 Super Wag

Comment

• Distordera
                            230 Tornado
                            • Jul 18, 2016

I have no opinion about TGW but I can provide a mini review of weatherstriping from bj's.
                            I live in a rainy area and I always find a small pond at the floor of my J20. I mounted weatherstriping from bj's and still get a (smaller) pond on the floor.
                            There is a small gap in the weatherstriping between the window and the vent window were the water leaks in anyway.

Comment

• billyrb
                              BJ's Off-Road
                              • Aug 15, 2001

Distordera, is yours a 1979 or earlier? If so, those models will have a small gap at the upper vent window hinge as the replacement seals were designed based on a 1980-later model. We have a 1979-down version in the works that should eliminate that gap.
                              Also, did you clean out the fresh air intake behind the left and right kick-panels? That is a MAJOR source for water leaks in the FSJ.
                              BJ's Off-Road
                              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                              X