X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

No surprise but this conversation happened a while ago, I guess.
    Old IFSJA thread stating death of IFSJA.org was imminent
    There are some pretty funny posts in here. It's a decent read.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

ah yes,the drama of the forum crashing! oh the drama!

and feelings! nothing more than feelings....!

there's one guy that had good cause to leave here upset. and while he doesn't come around much if ever anymore,he wasn't the crying little everyone else was about this place being here after their little journey over to the "other forum" lol. he just logged off and left. like an adult.

seriously,what kinda grade school girl mentality does it take to get so worked up over an internet forum. if you don't like it don't visit the site.

im friends with pretty much everyone one over there that was here. the stupid-ass drama over this site crashing,and who's gonna preserve all the tech info,and hurt feelings etc cooled me off about the other site...it was like that scene in The Jerk where steve martin is leaving and keeps adding to the things he's taking with him.
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• Ristow
        • Jan 20, 2006

37 new posts so far today. i highly doubt "the other" forum is that active. it's never been more active overall. especially since the drama fizzled out about this place going down.

and i really don't care which is more or better or has more or better whatever. a group of people left here and made it a ifsja vs. fsjnetwork type thing and with all the effort it's always been kind of a dud over there,imo. i have nothing against any body over there, i just dislike it over there.

I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• PlasticBoob
          All Makes Combined
          • Jun 30, 2003

Ristow is right () lol

I check both too, and the other one seems just as active as this one - meaning, not very active.

Forums in general seem to be dying as everyone gets herded onto the major Big Brother safe spaces like Facebook, Instagram, etc. Where can I find the Twitter FSJ Tech Solutions group?

I enjoy both forums, and of course want the other forum to succeed too. BUT, for me, it is a real annoyance to check and post on two. What annoys me the most is that it also causes information to be split and reproduced, and I think that ends up making things more difficult for people looking for answers in the long run.

Sometimes you see a new business open up, and then after it establishes itself for a year or two, a competitor running the exact same business purposely opens up RIGHT NEXT DOOR to the first, and after 3 or 4 years they BOTH go out of business. That's what this situation reminds me of. I just chuckle since I can solve 99% of the problems on my Jeep myself these days.
          Rob
          1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
          Click for video

Comment

• PlasticBoob
            All Makes Combined
            • Jun 30, 2003

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
            No surprise but this conversation happened a while ago, I guess.
            Old IFSJA thread stating death of IFSJA.org was imminent
            There are some pretty funny posts in here. It's a decent read.

Several times actually. No offense to anyone in that thread, but I bet half of those guys lost interest or couldn't keep their FSJs around anyway.

When I first joined this forum, there was a war going on about whether or not to bob, hack up, and weld up your FSJ into a rock crawler. Well you can guess what happened to most of those dudes after they ran out of FSJs to destroy. I wonder what they're hacking up now? Grand Cherokee WJs?
            Rob
            1974 Cherokee S, fuel injected 401, Trans-am Red, Aussie locker 'out back'
            Click for video

Comment

• miracleed
              232 I6
              • Feb 19, 2019

i found this site when i had my first wagoneer int the late 90's, early 2000's. it made me feel good then and it made me feel many waves of nostalgia when i found it again with the latest wagoneer/mid life crisis. i've checked the other forum and it's nice, not sure why there are two repositories for such a niche thing but to each their own. if i had found that place first, back in the day, i'd probably be loyal to that one. but i'm here.

i'd be bummed if you left Ranga. you were one of the first people to comment when i introduced myself and you are a really good contributor/decent guy. regardless, i wish you the best. the only argument i have has been previously mentioned; it's the middle of the summer and the majority of the nut cases who love wagoneers, cherokee, and j trucks also love the out doors. they're out there fishing and not posting.
              '79 Wagoneer Limited

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

The guy that we bought our Wagoneer from posted here, but I think I found it for sale on line. When we were leaving his house, I think he had me write down(IFSJA) and said it was a great place to find info on Wagons. I visit FSJN and have posted in the past. Also made a few buys on hand made replacement parts.
                1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
                Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• HerrKooled
                  258 I6
                  • Aug 18, 2010

Facebook killed online forums for the most part.
                  '77 J truck.

Comment

• deckside
                    258 I6
                    • May 02, 2015

Originally posted by Ristow
                    37 new posts so far today. i highly doubt "the other" forum is that active. it's never been more active overall. especially since the drama fizzled out about this place going down.
                    And to be fair half of those 37 post were from Rang A STang

Facebook sucks and Im proud to say I dont use it but these post do have me a bit curious why Facebook would be better than an online web board. Ive been on a motorcycle Web Board and another for Rugby before facebook was a thing and both of them have actually increased since Facebook...the motorcycle one startlingly so.

Also if Ristow just wanted a crap load of post all he has to do is re-open that Trump thread
                    1980 Wagoneer Limited "Prissyish" Sold
                    1972 Wagoneer Butter Scotch Gold restoring

Comment

• Driftwood
                      350 Buick
                      • Jun 12, 2000

Originally posted by deckside
                      Also if Ristow just wanted a crap load of post all he has to do is re-open that Trump thread
                      Trump thread! Trump thread! Trump thread! Trump thread! We want Trump thread!
                      1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• Ristow
                        • Jan 20, 2006

Originally posted by deckside

i don't give a Kasich which forum wins the post count. just noting the other forum aint any busier.

Comment

• 8man
                          304 AMC
                          • Jan 04, 2011

Ristow's right again. Who cares about post count, it's the content that matters.
                          79 Cherokee S (current project)
                          82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• Driftwood
                            350 Buick
                            • Jun 12, 2000

Appears the sister ship is down?!

1979 Wagoneer

Comment

• Ristow
                              • Jan 20, 2006

make sure you run over there when its back up and declare yourself leaving and never coming back.

Comment

Working...
                              X