X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluehwy
    258 I6
    • Apr 28, 2014

Cleaning up my linkage for the shifter. The grommet for the bushing is wore out. Need to source a new one and paint the linkage.

"And for those brave Right Wing Americans who say it's about... keeping America safe... if you want to fight against a country you need a F-15. You need a something a little more than a gun." ---Brandon

Comment

• SOLSAKS
      304 AMC
      • Jul 25, 2016

Damn fine work, Damn fine wagoneer,....I love it

how about a link to the windshield install video ??? that would be great. especially if it details the trim installation.
      SOLSAKS - dave
      1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
      1982 J-10 Fleetside
      1988 grand wagoneer
      2004 RUBICON jeep
      Benson, NC

Comment

• melford1972
        232 I6
        • Jul 31, 2019

Originally posted by SOLSAKS

how about a link to the windshield install video ??? that would be great. especially if it details the trim installation.
        I second the request for the windshield install video.

Beautiful work. Nicely done.
        1970 1414X Wagoneer
        5.3L LMG with Texas Speed Stage II cam
        4L60e, Dana 20
        Dana 44 (1978 Cherokee front and 2005 Rubicon rear) with 3.73s

Comment

• bluehwy
          258 I6
          • Apr 28, 2014

The trim portion is pretty self explanatory. Using wire like pictured above you are opening the molding just enough that the lip on the trim will set in place. Through trial and error one will figure out how to keep the trim from slipping out (I used tape and my hands) while pulling the wire. Constant tension along the trim is necessary until getting the trim screws started. I worked one side and down around the bottom up the other side and across the top. I ended up taking off one side (in my case passenger) and did the top again before doing the side again last. Probably best not to tighten the trim screws all the way until happy with fitment.

Here's the video I found with a simple google search. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTcI8aWmtPY

"And for those brave Right Wing Americans who say it's about... keeping America safe... if you want to fight against a country you need a F-15. You need a something a little more than a gun." ---Brandon

Comment

• bluehwy
            258 I6
            • Apr 28, 2014

[QUOTE=SOLSAKS]Damn fine work, Damn fine wagoneer,....I love it

Thanks Dave!

Comment

• bluehwy
              258 I6
              • Apr 28, 2014

Originally posted by melford1972
              I second the request for the windshield install video.

Beautiful work. Nicely done.
              Posted.

Thanks!

Comment

• rang-a-stang
                Administrator
                • Oct 31, 2016

The black dash with tan pad looks AWESOME!
                Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
                (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
                (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
                79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
                (Cherokee Build Thread)
                11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
                09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
                00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• bluehwy
                  258 I6
                  • Apr 28, 2014

Originally posted by rang-a-stang
                  The black dash with tan pad looks AWESOME!
                  Thanks, Rang! I'm happy with the way it looks too. Wanted to redo the vinyl but at $1,300 quoted from just dashes.com I will deal with the cracks and messed up speaker portion. Will likely mount a speaker there with the speaker cover on top to hide it like cu4hln suggested.

Comment

• bluehwy
                    258 I6
                    • Apr 28, 2014

Getting close to firing her up!

Comment

• bluehwy
                      258 I6
                      • Apr 28, 2014

Comment

• bluehwy
                        258 I6
                        • Apr 28, 2014

Doug Thorley's

Comment

• bluehwy
                          258 I6
                          • Apr 28, 2014

Comment

• bluehwy
                            258 I6
                            • Apr 28, 2014

Tom Woods

Comment

• SOLSAKS
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 25, 2016

A Build like this costs 150-200k at jeep heritage and VIGILANTE jeeps...

i repeat,.....great work.

dave in NC
                              SOLSAKS - dave
                              1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
                              1982 J-10 Fleetside
                              1988 grand wagoneer
                              2004 RUBICON jeep
                              Benson, NC

Comment

• bluehwy
                                258 I6
                                • Apr 28, 2014

A Build like this costs 150-200k at jeep heritage and VIGILANTE jeeps...

i repeat,.....great work.

dave in NC
                                Thank you.

It would've been worth the extra 50 to have it done. No really it is rewarding but if I knew what I would end up putting into it I wouldn't.

I'll try to update soon. Just got her running for the first time this month. Break in went almost perfect. Had hydro-boost lines crossed and mid break-in touched the steering wheel. Wow! Shut her down and restarted making sure not to pump it again until cams were broke in.

Just received Cliffhanger rear bumper. Can't seem to get anything custom from BJ's that isn't damaged in shipping. As stout as this bumper is I can't believe either that FedEx managed to dent it not only once but in four places.

Comment

Working...
                                X