78 Wagoneer, Building a driver! New Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Size Jeeper
    304 AMC
    • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
    Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
      304 AMC
      • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

401/turbo 400 trans. Quadra-Trac BW1339 (with Low) 4" Rusty's lift with 31" Summit Mud Dawgs

Mods:
      Fuel Tank, Red Holley Fuel Pump, Razor Grill (profile pic out dated), Rebuilt steering box

Comment

• SOLSAKS
        304 AMC
        • Jul 25, 2016

oh yes,....nice razor grille.

everything looks great

almost too nice to drive,.....almost.

dave in nc
        SOLSAKS - dave
        1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
        1982 J-10 Fleetside
        1988 grand wagoneer
        2004 RUBICON jeep
        Benson, NC

Comment

• Wagoneer Taylor
          258 I6
          • Dec 17, 2018

This is yet another inspiring build! Great job Full Size Jeeper! I cant believe some of the work you have done. It took me a long time to read though your whole build so far, but well worth it!

You have done an amazing job on the body work and paint and have inspired me to tackle some of mine. I was just planning on having a body shop do it but after seeing someone with a similar skill set just go for it and do it as nicely as you did, NOW I WANT TO TRY!

Thanks for posting and I can't wait to see more. I'm subscribed!
          Some call me Taylor...

1977 Jeep Wagoneer (Wedding Wagon)
          Pewter, Blue Interior, Original 401
          PO swapped in a 360, soon to be a 401 again!
          "Soon" is a relative term.
          Cracked cylinder put a hurt on me + bad connecting rods.

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
            304 AMC
            • Jul 20, 2014

Thanks WT, A good friend of mine convinced me that I could do some of the work and so with a little help, I did. I really thought I would just fix the hidden rust and pay to have everything else done at a shop. As I got better, I took on harder repairs. Also, I have looked through Kaisers build thread many times for guidance and he has world class skills, and freely shares it with all. Good luck with yours!!!!
            1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
              304 AMC
              • Jul 20, 2014

Not a lot to show, but I'am making progress. Wired up the starter and installed a new solenoid, it now turns over. Cut back the oil pressure switch wire, insulation was cracked and brittle. Took a good piece off of my parts wagon and now have it all connected.
              1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                304 AMC
                • Jul 20, 2014

MSD box and coil are mounted and about half of the wires are connected. Also installed the new headlight harness from Mass.(very nice Harness)
                1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 20, 2014

Topped off the engine oil, put some trans fluid in, headers are in, and put a set of spark plugs in. Battery and tray are in too.
                  1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                    304 AMC
                    • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                      304 AMC
                      • Jul 20, 2014

My son and I were able to get the metal part of the dash and the dash cover back in tonight. The cover is in good shape except for where it meets up at the bottom of the windshield. It is rolled up from the sun. Also I dropped a chain through that speaker grate in the middle of the dash. (Still not over that) So I"am looking for A low profile speaker cover to cover up the hole I made.
                      1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                        304 AMC
                        • Jul 20, 2014

I would love to redo the dash cover, but I'am not going too. To me it is not that bad and is just part of owning and old Wagoneer. We are going to roll with it like it is for now, Maybe I will fix it in another life.
                        1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 20, 2014

Hope to have the gauge cluster installed over the weekend. This is it just sitting in the dash.
                          1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Full Size Jeeper
                              304 AMC
                              • Jul 20, 2014

1978 Wagoneer

Mods:

Comment

• Driftwood
                                350 Buick
                                • Jun 12, 2000

Love your steering wheel. Years ago, I had salvaged one and its entire column and installed it in my 84. Someday I hope to find another for my 79.
                                1979 Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
                                X