X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FSJ Guy
    • Mar 20, 2005

EFI and IM240 Emission Testing in CO

I just want to let everyone know that you CAN pass emissions with a GM TBI in Colorado where they do the IM240 testing.

SlushPuppy passed with flying colors, actually!

HC GPM: 0.8212 Limit: 3.0000
    CO GPM: 11.1888 Limit: 25.0000
    CO2: GPM: 638.7071 No Limits
    NOx GPM: 2.3717 Limit: 5.0000

Now if you're familiar with the IM240 test, it's its roller test to simulate actual driving. But they also have a "feature" that shuts down the test if your vehicle is particularly "clean", called Fast Pass. YES, SlushPuppy passed via Fast Pass! (I was watching the screen.)

As always, I had a new gas cap, because they WILL fail you for the entire test if your gas cap fails the pressure test.

Interestingly the form says I passed for an O2 sensor, which I actually DO have, but it's not factory. <shrug> They didn't seem to care about my non-factory dual snorkel air cleaner, however.
    Ethan Brady
    1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.
  • BGW
    350 Buick
    • Jan 02, 2009

Do you still have your air system connected?
    1991 Grand Wagoneer, Stock, 99k.

My buddy Sam: "...as far as gas money goes Peter's car is as thirsty as an alcoholic on St. Patricks day..."

Comment

• Blake
      304 AMC
      • Dec 22, 2005

Congrats!

Yes, always, always, always get a brand new gas cap. I've even went so far as to try and reuse last years gas cap by taking it off after I pass and store it until the next time in a zip lock bag, only to have it fail.

So now I just automatically buy a new cap each year.

So did you have your jeep 'refereed' and therefore identified as having TBI, or did you just 'wing it'?

I'm worried about my '88 waggy with it's Howell system. I'm not running any type of air system now.

My other FSJ's have collectors plates and that makes me happy
      Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• BGW
        350 Buick
        • Jan 02, 2009

I'm worried about it when I switch to mpfi. When I first bought my GW, it was missing a small hose for the air system, and one of the monkeys actually found it and failed me for it. Thankfully the Ford computer is able to control the air system with electronic valves so I can keep the "factory emissions equipment" in place.
        1991 Grand Wagoneer, Stock, 99k.

My buddy Sam: "...as far as gas money goes Peter's car is as thirsty as an alcoholic on St. Patricks day..."

Comment

• FSJ Guy
          • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by BGW
          Do you still have your air system connected?
          Yes. It is intact. It blows air into the cat, downstream of the O2 sensor.
          Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• FSJ Guy
            • Mar 20, 2005

Originally posted by Blake
            Congrats!

Yes, always, always, always get a brand new gas cap. I've even went so far as to try and reuse last years gas cap by taking it off after I pass and store it until the next time in a zip lock bag, only to have it fail.

So now I just automatically buy a new cap each year.

So did you have your jeep 'refereed' and therefore identified as having TBI, or did you just 'wing it'?

I'm worried about my '88 waggy with it's Howell system. I'm not running any type of air system now.

My other FSJ's have collectors plates and that makes me happy
            No referee. I just drove in, handed them the keys and drove out $25 poorer, but very happy, nonetheless.

You will need to have the smog pump visually intact.
            Ethan Brady

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Comment

• Blake
              304 AMC
              • Dec 22, 2005

sweet!
              Please come on over to http://fsjnetwork.com/forum and have a look.

Comment

• COJEEPBOY
                232 I6
                • Oct 23, 2009

I wonder how the Holley sniper will do in CO I'm currently looking at that as an upgrade, but am worried about emissions. What did you do with your EGR

Comment

Working...
                X