• Show
Clear All
  • fivepack
    232 I6
    • Aug 17, 2007

Finally got to wheel the Pearl (pics)

Barnwell Mountain (BMRA) Gilmer Texas 9/6/2009

She did us proud.
    Last edited by fivepack; 09-06-2009, 07:30 PM.
    1982 J10
    4.0 liter
    AX15
    Keeping the Hydro-boost
    Dana 44 open front 3.73
    GM 9.5" open rear 3.73
    Going back to stock springs from the BJs 2"
  • grand_wag_85
    Murphy's Law Poster Child
    • Dec 03, 2003

That is one sweet looking j truck!
    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
    '88 GW
    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• jeepskater433
      327 Rambler
      • Jan 26, 2009

thats awesome, how was it, how are the trails rated? a few friends and i were going to make a trip up there this past summer, but it was never planned and its not a short trip from houston, might make the trip for a weekend, no full-size jeeps though, jus baby jeeps
      CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
      2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
      2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
      1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
      1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
      http://www.txfsja.org/forum/

Comment

• fivepack
        232 I6
        • Aug 17, 2007

Originally posted by grand_wag_85
        That is one sweet looking j truck!
        Thanks. Just remember, to never take a picture closer than 10 feet from any J truck.

Originally posted by jeepskater433
        thats awesome, how was it, how are the trails rated? a few friends and i were going to make a trip up there this past summer, but it was never planned and its not a short trip from houston, might make the trip for a weekend, no full-size jeeps though, jus baby jeeps
        It's well worth the trip from Houston. We did mostly 3 diamond trails and some were a little squirly. The front locker was a lifesaver on one of the trails named Twister. Sorry I don't remember all the names of the trails. Any thing there over a three and you will need a front locker for sure. But the other side is, there are lots of easy trails that don't require a locker.
        Last edited by fivepack; 09-07-2009, 04:14 AM.
        1982 J10
        4.0 liter
        AX15
        Keeping the Hydro-boost
        Dana 44 open front 3.73
        GM 9.5" open rear 3.73

Comment

• Artisan
          327 Rambler
          • Dec 17, 2008

Some day I will be back in the saddle. For now my wallet keeps me from finishing the project imediatly but I just passed some major hurdles so soon...
          Great pics! Love the death defying, steering wheel death-gripped, grand canyon hugging, high speed pass pic! I want to see whats in dat hole now! HA! The pic of ya'll at the campground, what's with the expression on that gals face looking at you take the pic? Ummm, were you wearing a unbuttoned trench coat and using two hands to take the picture?
          I see you spoke of a front locker. Do you suppose the fuel tank mounted at the very rear and low would have helped a bit? Thanx fo rthe pics....
          Regards,
          Artisan
          1979 Jeep J-10 (Soon to be J-30)

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Comment

• fivepack
            232 I6
            • Aug 17, 2007

Originally posted by Artisan
            Some day I will be back in the saddle. For now my wallet keeps me from finishing the project imediatly but I just passed some major hurdles so soon...
            Great pics! Love the death defying, steering wheel death-gripped, grand canyon hugging, high speed pass pic! I want to see whats in dat hole now! HA! The pic of ya'll at the campground, what's with the expression on that gals face looking at you take the pic? Ummm, were you wearing a unbuttoned trench coat and using two hands to take the picture?
            I see you spoke of a front locker. Do you suppose the fuel tank mounted at the very rear and low would have helped a bit? Thanx fo rthe pics....
            The "grand canyon" is about 18' and has been washed out over the years. Barnwell Mountain is mostly clay and ironite which makes for interesting wheeling when wet.

I doubt moving the fuel tank would help much. The bed is 5/16 steel diamod plate and weighs about as much as a stock bed. I just took out the stock tank a couple months ago to clear space under the frame.

As far as "the expression on that gal's face", I'd have to say it was looking at my 10 year old taking the pics. I'm the fat boy in the IFSJA shirt.
            1982 J10
            4.0 liter
            AX15
            Keeping the Hydro-boost
            Dana 44 open front 3.73
            GM 9.5" open rear 3.73

Comment

• wickedwagon767
              304 AMC
              • Dec 26, 2005

Originally posted by fivepack
              Thanks. Just remember, to never take a picture closer than 10 feet from any J truck.
              Naw, I saw your J-10 at Truckfest. A fine specimen

I like the 6-lug 14BSF rear axle you slung under there to replace the stock D44/20 rear

Comment

• jeepskater433
                327 Rambler
                • Jan 26, 2009

It's well worth the trip from Houston. We did mostly 3 diamond trails and some were a little squirly. The front locker was a lifesaver on one of the trails named Twister. Sorry I don't remember all the names of the trails. Any thing there over a three and you will need a front locker for sure. But the other side is, there are lots of easy trails that don't require a locker.
                Cool, maybe i can talk my friends into a weekend trip up there, non of use have lockers....yet, except for a rubicon, but hell be runnin around with us, so well probably stay on the moderate trails, we just need to be sure that we can drive back without any damage, since theyre our daily drivers
                CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Comment

• fivepack
                  232 I6
                  • Aug 17, 2007

Originally posted by jeepskater433
                  Cool, maybe i can talk my friends into a weekend trip up there, non of use have lockers....yet, except for a rubicon, but hell be runnin around with us, so well probably stay on the moderate trails, we just need to be sure that we can drive back without any damage, since theyre our daily drivers
                  Let me know if you plan a trip. there are several IFSJA members around here and we need a run.
                  1982 J10
                  4.0 liter
                  AX15
                  Keeping the Hydro-boost
                  Dana 44 open front 3.73
                  GM 9.5" open rear 3.73

Comment

• jeepskater433
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jan 26, 2009

Let me know if you plan a trip. there are several IFSJA members around here and we need a run.
                    will do man, only thing is there wont be any fsjs coming with me, all baby jeeps, unless i get a fsj thats wheelable before i plan the trip then ill take it rather than my tj
                    CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Comment

Working...
                    X