www.kymc.org
    shadowjeep
    2003 Chevy Silverado
    "WHEN IN DOUBT, THROTTLE IT OUT"

Comment

• jaber
      Dragin Az
      • Oct 17, 2003

When I enlarged the pic, I heard my wife behind me "OOOOHHHH, I like that"...

Very nice indeed......
      Jeff

'43 cj2a
      '51 Willys p/u
      '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
      '68 Panel Delivery
      '74 CJ5
      '75 J-20 Wrecker
      '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
      '77 J-10 p/u
      '79 Cherokee
      '88 Grand Wagoneer
      '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• mafos4471
        232 I6
        • Aug 07, 2007

Nice...

Comment

• Lindel
          Perfesser of Jeepology
          • Jun 15, 2000

That's sharp. That's something I need to do to mine, the existing panels aren't really existing, so to speak.
          Jeep Grounds
          RRV Homepage
          Texas Full Size Jeep Association
          1987 Grand Wagoneer
          AMC 360/TF727/NP229
          1999 Wrangler Sport
          4.0L/AX-15/NV231

?Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction? by Ronald Reagan.

Formerly of DFW/Gun Barrel City, TX - eventually to return...

Comment

• AMX factor
            360 AMC
            • Apr 06, 2003

Glad you mentioned painting them. I did those to my GW and it turned into a solar oven!
            "I'm sick of this sickness, don't touch me you'll get this."
            1984 GWag "orphan" for sale
            2 x 1975 Matador "murder machines"
            1970 SST390 Javelin 10 yr project!

Comment

• Tad
              • Nov 30, 2001

Originally posted by AMX factor
              Glad you mentioned painting them. I did those to my GW and it turned into a solar oven!
              I tried a few test spots of paint on a scrap test chunk, even with SS wool, etching solution, they (at least what I tried) didn't paint up very well except with a flat black (not really a great option down here).
              That's why I am looking to get them anodized, might be cost prohibitive, not sure.
              2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
              EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
              Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Torque
                327 Rambler
                • Jul 14, 2002

Also look at getting a price on powdercoating....
                Evelynn is an '83 Cherokee Chief W/T with a 360(mildtweek),727,NP229,33x12.5,3.73:1,TFI, MSD6,Painless wiring,CRX seats but the list is growing.

The cynic is one that belives the pessimist is overly optomistic

Comment

• DanHS
                  • Aug 29, 2004

Nice, looks sharp. Kinda has a big rig feel to it maybe, looks tough.
                  For finishing it, I don't think anodizing would cost too much if you find a local place, and if the place does all kinds of anodizing and not just industrial coatings, they could dye it with faded colors or splashes or whatever, and it's quite scratch resistant, about the hardness of garnet.
                  I've got a different idea for diamond plate interior panels, for the doors I'll just do the bottom portion, replacing the carpet with diamond plate in semi gloss black, and the rear interior side panels as well. This will go nicely with black carpet. it's another one of my 'one day...' projects that will get done one day in the future.
                  '84 Grand Wagoneer 360/727/229, 32" General ST's and 36" Swampers, 3" lift, TFI/Mallory 6AL, CS 144, Taurus fan, custom bumper, and custom 'bodywork'. Soon to have 6" lift

'79 Cherokee S 360/T15/D20, rusting away while I figure out what to do with it

'91 Final Edition GW in Spinnaker Blue!

My FSJ pics

FSJ Grille Identification

Comment

• mafos4471
                    232 I6
                    • Aug 07, 2007

I forgot to mention, DO NOT GO to the home store that rhymes with Goes to buy, find an aluminum industrial supplier that with give you a "prefered customer" discount or ask for the best price they can give you. That's how I got mine so cheap, and also tell them that you want three thousand series. 5000 and 6000 is much more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                    X