• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Suddendeath
    327 Rambler
    • Dec 26, 2010

I'll be there!

...Even if I have to push the darn truck there!
    1990 GW:
    Mopar 440/727/229/D44F&R
    10:1, XE250H, DIY TBI. 4.10 locked f/r, SOA/SF, high steer, all the other fancy goodies. Check out my build on FSJNETWORK.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
      360 AMC
      • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Battle_Wagon_NJ
      World English Dictionary
      charter member n an original or founder member of a society or organization
      Sorry buddy, you snooze you lose.
      Ouch Sorry JR, I thought Battle Wagon may have helped you out with this. Looks like you're in the dog house.
      91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
      1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
      It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
        Ouch Sorry JR, I thought Battle Wagon may have helped you out with this. Looks like you're in the dog house.
        I get no respect at home from the Wagoneer owner. I think she's putting her Charter Membership status in the pre-nup.

JR
        [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
        1966 mustang fastback
        '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Frank
          327 Rambler
          • Jun 06, 2000

Before I wander into the waters...

...may I ask about the trails? I've got a bone-stock variety Wagoneer. Is there anyplace for me to venture without getting into trouble? Is there anything I'd need (winch points, etc.) to add? Anything heavily recommended though not required?

I've contemplated attending in the past but other things got in the way. This year may be different!
          Frank
          '88 Grand Wagoneer (Almond), "Sluggo" (RIP)
          '88 Grand Wagoneer, (Baltic Blue) "Sluggo II" (RIP)
          '89 Grand Wagoneer, (Dover Grey) "Sluggo III", keeping my hobby alive!

Comment

• Suddendeath
            327 Rambler
            • Dec 26, 2010

Originally posted by Frank
            ...may I ask about the trails? I've got a bone-stock variety Wagoneer. Is there anyplace for me to venture without getting into trouble? Is there anything I'd need (winch points, etc.) to add? Anything heavily recommended though not required?

I've contemplated attending in the past but other things got in the way. This year may be different!
            There are always stock-level trucks with us. Most, if not all, of the tough spots have go-arounds for the stockers. A good tow point or two would be advised, however, if you happen to get stuck.

Also, ensure your diff breathers are attached and in good condition. The pine barrens have this thing about water.
            1990 GW:
            Mopar 440/727/229/D44F&R
            10:1, XE250H, DIY TBI. 4.10 locked f/r, SOA/SF, high steer, all the other fancy goodies. Check out my build on FSJNETWORK.

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Frank

Mud? There's no mud in the Pine Barrens. It's all sand from what I've been told.

JR
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Suddendeath
                327 Rambler
                • Dec 26, 2010

Originally posted by Headhoncho

Mud? There's no mud in the Pine Barrens. It's all sand from what I've been told.

JR
                Now class, if we observe exhibit A, we'll notice the nice and dry sandy go-around to the massive mud puddle that this larger than my house Honcho has found itself in...
                1990 GW:
                Mopar 440/727/229/D44F&R

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                  360 AMC
                  • Aug 21, 2004

Mud in the Pines?

Frank, it kind of depends on the weather.
                  Sometimes you see lots of this:

Sometimes you see lots of this:

And for the really nasty bits there is usually a go-around like this: (notice my bone stock 1991 GW high and dry while JR tries to make it through a mud puddle)
                  91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                    360 AMC
                    • Aug 21, 2004

By the way, those pics above were from our 2nd Annual Jeep-In 2006.
                    (the 1st MAFSJC trip that JR attended)
                    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• JeepinPete
                      304 AMC
                      • Dec 09, 2003

Or like last year...

We have a wide variety of trails, and this one was the most extreme IMO. I am FSJless at the moment, but the Durango lost its transmission a day after last years trip. Not that I am complaining, it was a blast
                      Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                      Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                      Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• Joe Guilbeau
                        304 AMC
                        • Apr 17, 2002

Anyone attending from Texas this year?

Just wondering if anyone from Texas is going back home for this event...
                        Joe Guilbeau<br />1983 Cherokee Laredo WT (SJ-17), 360/229/727/D44/D60 4.10 Gearing, 8-lug hubs, Edelbrock Performer w/EGR Intake, Mallory Unilite Series 47 Photo-Optic Infrared Trigger Vacuum Distributor, Mallory Surge Protector, Mallory Promaster Coil, Holley Pro-Jection TBI 502-Analog, FlowKooler High Output Water Pump, Staggered 4-Core Custom Industrial Radiator, HD Fan Clutch, Dual Electric Fans, CS130 Delco 105-Amp Alternator, Oil Bypass Mods at Rear of Block and Distributor Oiling, Superlift 4\" Suspension, Rancho RS5000\'s, Hi-Tech 31\" Re-Treads, Aero 33 Gal Tank w/Skid Plate, Custom Rear \"Longhorn\" Bumper

Comment

who wants to help me finish glueing this rot box together so i can make it ??? i dont want to have to show up in the liberty. just kidding.
                          it sat for a long time before i got it earlier this year.
                          so far i did
                          4" lift
                          33" km2
                          fixed the wipers and got the tailgate window working
                          made new y pipe and 3" exhaust with a big magnaflow
                          new u joints
                          brake hoses
                          unstuck all the bleeders
                          made new rear axle brake line
                          made new floor
                          rebuilt the rear body mount and floor support on the body, patched the frame mount, and the tailgate hinge mounting points
                          new heavy guage inner and outer rockers, 3/4 way done
                          patched up the passenger side wheelwell and made new cargo floor drop off and installed new quarter and dogleg
                          i need to get the driver side all buttoned up. im putting the new wheelwell in now. once i get that done i can move on to the quarter, floor drop off and finish the rocker. paint the floor before i put the gas tank back in.
                          i did title and register it just in case.
                          if i make it, it wont be pretty.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                            360 AMC
                            • Aug 21, 2004

2012 Jeep-In Update

Just like in year?s past we will be holding the event at the Wharton State Forest in the NJ Pine Barrens. Come for a day or the whole weekend of camping and wheeling in The Pines. We?ll be meeting both Sat and Sun mornings at 9:00AM at the Atsion Ranger Station 713-723 Rt 206, Shamong, NJ 08088. The official Club Campground will be Atsion Campground which is located on Atsion Road a few miles from the Ranger Station. Please visit their website for information about the campground
                            http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/wharton.html#camp
                            The trails that we will be running are all NJ State Roads; all NJ Motor Vehicle laws apply. A few of you new to the Club have asked about the difficulty level of the trails that we?ll be running and if you?ll be ok running a stock FSJ on them and what would you will need as far as recovery equipment. Art has made a suggestion about running 2 different trails:
                            · A Bunny Trail that will be less treacherous for those that are driving stock FSJs
                            · A Class III trail for those of you that have modified FSJs that are more capable of getting yourself out of whatever kind of trouble you might get into
                            I think that this is a great idea. We?ll be doing a few scouting trips during both July & August in preparation of the Jeep-In. If you?d like to help out with this let me know. We?ll try to set up 2 different trails with a common meeting point for our Trail Lunch.
                            Many of us carry lots of recovery equipment including winches, tools and CB radios. We?ll make sure to split up the better equipped rigs so that there are a few in each group. Off roading is inherently tough on any vehicle. Even the easiest trails can result in some sort of damage. The MAFSJC takes no responsibility for any damage to your FSJ or any injury that you or your passengers may experience. Weather plays a huge role in how difficult the trails will be. Last year PineyMike and I scouted a trail 1 week before the Jeep-In that took us about 4 hours to do. We had to be careful and even pulled winch line a few times. During the week before the Jeep-In we had over 12? of rain and that semi-tough trail turned into a nightmare. It took us over 8 hours with the Club and almost everyone had to be assisted at one point or another during the day. For those of you that are new to off roading, I?d like to suggest the following list as a minimum of equipment you might need:
                            First Aid Kit, Basic Personal Essentials (water, food), Spare Tire, Full Size, Jack and tire iron to change your tire, Tow strap, Tree saver, Basic Tool Kit, Spare Key for vehicle
                            We?ll be stopping along the trail for lunch each day. Please bring whatever you would like to eat and plenty to drink (no alcohol on the trails please).
                            At last year?s event we had almost 40 sponsors donate an amazing variety of items that were given away to all Club Members. So far we?ve received quite a few donations for the event. These great companies have already sent donations: AGR Performance, Borgenson Steering, Dick Cepek Tires, Hi-Lift Jack, Lund Vent Visor, MCR Safety, Mickey Thompson Tires, Painless Performance, Pittbull Tires, Randy's Ring & Pinion, Spider Trax, Tembo Tusk, Viking Offroad & Workshop Hero. Quite a few more have told me that they will be sending donations so we should have some pretty good stuff to give away. Everyone that shows up in a FSJ will get a Goodie Bag and a ticket to the free raffle held at the campground Sat night.
                            If you have any questions or concerns please let me know, hope to see some new faces and lots of familiar ones at the Jeep-In.
                            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Frank
                              327 Rambler
                              • Jun 06, 2000

Originally posted by Suddendeath
                              Now class, if we observe exhibit A, we'll notice the nice and dry sandy go-around to the massive mud puddle that this larger than my house Honcho has found itself in...
                              Funny, I was going to ask what in the world is wrong with that baby Jeep that it needed towing. Maybe the mud was too chilly?

I'm checking my schedule to see if I'm clear to attend. Who knows, maybe afterwards, my mind will be made up that I indeed need a lift...
                              Frank
                              '88 Grand Wagoneer (Almond), "Sluggo" (RIP)
                              '88 Grand Wagoneer, (Baltic Blue) "Sluggo II" (RIP)
                              '89 Grand Wagoneer, (Dover Grey) "Sluggo III", keeping my hobby alive!

Comment

• arter
                                327 Rambler
                                • Jan 07, 2001

We haven't left anyone out there yet...
                                Really depends on how much rain in the days leading up to the trip, there've been times when we've searched for mud. It's a nice drive in the woods no matter what. Ideal would be to find a place for lunch with some good holes for those who like to push their rigs, always fun to watch!
                                M715NT; TBI 401, 400, 1339, 44's, 4.10's, ARB's, 35's, wag frame

Comment

Working...
                                X