• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 68_Gladiator
    350 Buick
    • Oct 01, 2007

Originally posted by Gambler68
    Thanks Zack! Just got the drivers door done and should hang it tomorrow. Next is windshield and the cab is buttoned up.

Really at this point I am stalled with the front and rear axles, need to get mounts and weld em up. Hopefully by fall I can have it movable under its own power, and road ready by spring.

or you could send it to me where did you get your eaton ps pump? tryin to find one for the 67'
    "Go Brow or go home"

1973 J2000

Comment

• drlocke
      Roadside Mechanic
      • Dec 29, 2003

Look out for those old Hornet 327s; they can be full of surprises--some good, some not so good. I assume you've done the chain/sprockets upgrade...

Comment

• Gambler68
        Rabble Rouser
        • Feb 29, 2004

Yeah Dave, I pulled off the timing cover, and it DIDN'T have a fiber sproket..the chain was just junk and had stretched. Put a new one in there and a new seal and called it good.

Sorry, the Eaton came from..6' away off my spare 327. I'd hunt down some mid 60s wags with the 327 and snag one off those. Also you can look in AMC cars, the Ambassadors with 327s would have the same one. 70s saginaw PS hoses thread right in, no need to go paying silly money for NOS stuff (worked for me anyways, just a little long).

K so..latest update, DOORS and facelift. Thanks to Sean (grandwag85) for the donated Rhino grille, Thomas (Kaiserman) for the headlight rings and pieplates), Pam and Alan (NE715) for the killer air cleaner. And past thanks to Chuckchili for the completely non sagged rear springs, Ristow for the carb, Tad for parts many years ago that ended up on this, etc etc. Takes a village to build a dinosaur :P

Got lucky with the pass side door and it went on smooth. Been fighting the past hour with the drivers door, but I have it lined up 'good enough'. Have to replace the door part of the latch, got one pulled and ready to attempt re-install in this. The doors are off a 78 Cherokee, and seem to fit okay.

That black thing on the front is a section of 75 Cherokee WT rear frame that I made fit on there as sort of a bumper. Plans are for a big ole FU piece of C channel eventually.

The dinky front 44 will soon be swapped for a 4.10 geared GM HD44 as soon as I procure a matching D60 for the rear. That should help fill up the huge openings. Getting closer..drivers front M715 fender will go on as soon as I get my clutch linkage set up at the proper angle and then onto putting together a hood for it..
        1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
        1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
        The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
        Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

Lookin Good Brutha
          When ya gonna get the 327 started up?
          Flint
          Ran when parked.
          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
            Rabble Rouser
            • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
            Lookin Good Brutha
            When ya gonna get the 327 started up?
            Soon as I figure out the vac lines and fix the clutch linkage and finish the little bit of fuel lines and hang a tank... Provided the wiring doesn't go up in flames from something hooked up weird :P
            The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
            Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• fulsizjeep
              Señor Jackhead
              • Aug 21, 2002

Cool. I'd like to be there when you fire it up. With an estinguisher in hand.
              Lemme know
              Flint
              Ran when parked.
              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
                Rabble Rouser
                • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                Cool. I'd like to be there when you fire it up. With an estinguisher in hand.
                Lemme know
                Lol deal.
                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• Tad
                  • Nov 30, 2001

...Tad for parts many years ago that ended up on this...
                  Looks very good
                  I'm very pleased you are using that stuff instead of it getting recycled into a toaster.
                  2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                  EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                  Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Gambler68
                    Rabble Rouser
                    • Feb 29, 2004

Heck ya!! I am waiting to order some front CJ width spring pads from ya, gotta see where the pass side will sit in regards to the cast mount on the HD44. I have a pair of your D44 7" pads for the back, was just going to widen the curve on the feet so they fit the D60.
                    Originally posted by Tad
                    Looks very good
                    I'm very pleased you are using that stuff instead of it getting recycled into a toaster.
                    Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• brubakes
                      350 Buick
                      • Jun 25, 2009

Looks great. I love seeing the progress.
                      FSJless.... for now....

Comment

• Tad
                        • Nov 30, 2001

Heck ya!! I am waiting to order some front CJ width spring pads from ya, gotta see where the pass side will sit in regards to the cast mount on the HD44...
                        My thinking is you are going to wind up on the tube, but yea, let's wait and see, might be a new version for the front post mount trucks.

...I have a pair of your D44 7" pads for the back, was just going to widen the curve on the feet so they fit the D60.
                        Yep, pretty simple, you'll be taking out about 3/16" on each side of the lower curve and tapering up to the existing cut.
                        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
                        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
                        Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• Gambler68
                          Rabble Rouser
                          • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by Tad
                          My thinking is you are going to wind up on the tube, but yea, let's wait and see, might be a new version for the front post mount trucks.

Yep, pretty simple, you'll be taking out about 3/16" on each side of the lower curve and tapering up to the existing cut.
                          Sweeeeet. Yeah with the outboard springs it should clear it but want to line it up and see. Since I need to roll the truck in and out of the garage to work on it, sorta waiting till D-day on that.

Got the latch hardware swapped out on the door, definately NOT a hard job and didn't even require looking at schematics..it' pretty much a 1 monkey job.

Now it's siesta time
                          Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                            Murphy's Law Poster Child
                            • Dec 03, 2003

That grille looks good
                            You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                            '88 GW
                            '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• newtojeeps
                              350 Buick
                              • Jun 28, 2006

Are you going to widen the rear fenders? you might rub when you articulate

Comment

• Gambler68
                                Rabble Rouser
                                • Feb 29, 2004

Originally posted by newtojeeps
                                Are you going to widen the rear fenders? you might rub when you articulate
                                probably won't cut them considering what they are worth. Ultimately I would like to either find a M715 bed or fab round M715 style rear flares. Most likely the latter.

Plus this puppy won't be articulating that much
                                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

Working...
                                X