• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mattmopar440
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by goldhammer
    The barb wire grille mentioned in another thread would top the FSJ zombie list for me.
    I dont think you want barb wire some feel no pain I think you want something like a steel grate keep the out but you dont want the hanging up on your rig
    87' Grand Wagoneer
    401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
    84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
    80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
    74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
    Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
    Inferior Chevy

Comment

Gots to hook em afore you can cook em
      Art
      ASE Master Collision Tech
      "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.

Comment

• CJ the noisemaker
        304 AMC
        • Nov 28, 2009

Would someone be able to save me? I'll be held up in my house cookin' zombies with all of the starting fluid I have. If the jeep wont start, gotta use those sprays for something ;D
        CJ
        [/COLOR][/SIZE] -1985 Ford LTD Country Squire "Rarity" - 302/AOD

Comment

• mattmopar440
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • May 17, 2007

The first and foremost FSJ Zombie Equipment is

1 Zombie guard
          2 Long range fuel take
          3 Good tires
          87' Grand Wagoneer
          80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
          Inferior Chevy

Comment

• Kimbrough
            304 AMC
            • May 14, 2000

Originally posted by mattmopar440
            The first and foremost FSJ Zombie Equipment is

1 Zombie guard
            2 Long range fuel take
            3 Good tires
            4) Vehicle-mounted machine guns
            5) Nitrous!

1991 Hunter Green Grand Wagoneer. Chevy 350 TBI. 4-inch lift. 31-inch BFG AT's.

Comment

• mattmopar440
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • May 17, 2007

Originally posted by Kimbrough
              4) Vehicle-mounted machine guns
              5) Nitrous!
              6. Chainsaw on front bumper thats tied into the trucks fuel system
              87' Grand Wagoneer
              80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
              Inferior Chevy

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                327 Rambler
                • Mar 10, 2006

Originally posted by mdill
                I disagree, .50 cal ammo is heavy and given it only matters where you hit a Zombi not really how hard you hit them (only head shots matter) I would think a .30 cal or less would be a better choice.

Mike D,
                Okay, being a Gunners Mate in the Navy I feel I am finaly qualified to contribute to this wonderful site. A .50 cal in all its gloriousness is ill fitted for this type of job. the biggest problem is the recoil. The .50cal is recoil operated, so you really need a solid base to operate properly, which would be hard to do in a Jeep. Unless you had some type of ring mount like you find in the Mil vehicles. However, then you have an opening for the zombies to get in. The other problem is ammo. .50 cal ammo is big and bulky. You can carry 400 rounds of 7.62 for every one 100 rounds of .50 cal. Now range and knock down poer isn't as important with zombies, cause we know they drop like a bad habit. The ideal anti-zombie weapon in my opinion would be the M-60 to M-240. Either gives you about 500 rounds per minute, about 700 yards max effective range, and they are more than capible to laying down some zombies as you drive off in the cool comfort of your GW.
                The War Wagon: 1986 GW- SOA/SF on 33X12.50's, 360/727/NP228, CS 144 Alt, OBA
                Wife's DD: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

My carbon foot print is bigger than your's.
                WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• bigun
                  • Feb 10, 2003

Originally posted by Chief Gunner
                  Okay, being a Gunners Mate in the Navy I feel I am finaly qualified to contribute to this wonderful site. A .50 cal in all its gloriousness is ill fitted for this type of job. the biggest problem is the recoil. The .50cal is recoil operated, so you really need a solid base to operate properly, which would be hard to do in a Jeep. Unless you had some type of ring mount like you find in the Mil vehicles. However, then you have an opening for the zombies to get in. The other problem is ammo. .50 cal ammo is big and bulky. You can carry 400 rounds of 7.62 for every one 100 rounds of .50 cal. Now range and knock down poer isn't as important with zombies, cause we know they drop like a bad habit. The ideal anti-zombie weapon in my opinion would be the M-60 to M-240. Either gives you about 500 rounds per minute, about 700 yards max effective range, and they are more than capible to laying down some zombies as you drive off in the cool comfort of your GW.
                  Happiness is having a belt fed weapon!!
                  charlie
                  KB0HXA
                  "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                  congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                  How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                  Robert A. Heinlein
                  The birth of CROM is recorded here
                  http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• J300Zack
                    232 I6
                    • Oct 15, 2007

Lol love the professional insight!!
                    '65 J300 Thriftside, Cummins Tow Rig (Sittin' in the field)
                    '97 Tj 4.6L Stroker, locked, and rock rashed (Current DD)
                    '86 Waggy, 360, Ax-15, Np231 (For Sale)
                    '04 CBR 600RR, (Got to drive something fast)

Comment

Originally posted by J300Zack
                      Lol love the professional insight!!
                      It's that kind of attention to detail that means us full size jeepers will survive the zombie apocalypse.
                      Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
                      77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
                      The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                        327 Rambler
                        • Mar 10, 2006

Like I said, I feel like I can finally contribute.....

Furthermore, I think this is where the NP 228 and NP 229 shine. I don't think you need lots of speed in this situation. I think lots of torque and a goodsnow plow type blade would work the best. YOu could drive in 4 hi all you day long, but when you hit a batch of zombies, a quick shift to 4 low and about 20 mph, you could just push your way through the pack. I think the key is never having to leave the cabin of your rig. The more you can do inside, the better you will be.

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• salbt
                          232 I6
                          • May 22, 2009

I firmly believe that a couple of 10 GA shotguns loaded with 0000 buck, maybe a 10 round extension on each gun, of course mounted on the hood. Would clear the way quickly so you could get clear and reload quickly.
                          Sal

69 Wagoneer (long gone)
                          71 Glad, running, but lots of questions.

http://s946.photobucket.com/albums/ad310/salbt/

Comment

• Chief Gunner
                            327 Rambler
                            • Mar 10, 2006

The only problem with shotguns is the fact that all their power is disipated so quickly. The max effective range of a typical 12 ga shot gun with 00 buck is about 25 yards. The movies make it look good, but the reality is that the pattern and the kinetic energy spreads so quickly that you would have to be up close and personal. I still think your best bet is a M-60 or M-240( keep in mind these both fire a NATO round, so you can get them anywhere).

WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• lost1
                              350 Buick
                              • Sep 21, 2008

Gimme a MK-40 while I'm dreaming... I wanna mess up everything that twitches, plus its neighbors. Ammo wouldn't be... easy to keep supplied, certainly. But it'd sure be fun while it lasted...
                              Originally posted by Locked and Loaded
                              Jeeps don't get stuck. People do.
                              <══════════════════════════════>
                              Let the good times roll!
                              '83 Wagoneer«» 401/TF727/3:31 AMC20

Comment

• crazyspoons
                                327 Rambler
                                • Jun 25, 2009

It sucks that the worst place to be in a zombie outbreak is any kind of vehicle. They are basically coffins on wheels; trust me, I was in the haitian vivus mortem. There were a lot of leg draggers during that garbage.

Always avoid anything with ammo or fuel because it runs out but the undead don't.

If I had my jeep there though, I would definatley have it in 4-low ready to switch it into emergency drive. Those LD's are ridiculously slow, they don't do the 28 days later thing; that doesn't happen.

Just stay high and let your passenger refill the gas. Don't leave the vehicle or leave doors open. If someone leaves your truck, don't expect them to come back.

A long breaker bar and cheap respirator is all you need.
                                1997 Jeep TJ AMC 150 2.5L, AX-5, NV-231 Status: ALIVE
                                1983 Jeep J-10 AMC 258 4.2L, Holley 2bbl, HEI, T-177, NP-208, 4" Rusty's Spring Lift, CherryBomb haha Status: ALIVE
                                1976 Jeep J-10 AMC 360 5.9L, TH400, Quadra-Trac Status: SOLD! to The Dude
                                Durham, CT

Originally posted by Julep4000
                                Kudos, sir... I didn't plan on coffee coming out of my nose today.

Comment

Working...
                                X