• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • red mistress
    304 AMC
    • Sep 13, 2007

Hotel Reservations?

Originally posted by Greenfire
    My night life will involve sleep, since I will probably be up at 4am on Sat. Im staying at the Hampton Inn BTW, next to a Mall..... Malls= restraunts.
    Which Hampton?

Think I'd better get something nailed down to crash in. York will prob be busy with all the Jeepers.
    Maybe somethin with nice big swimmin pool since no night life?
    67 Gladiator 15K J3000 AMC 327, PTO, 35" BFG's
    69 Jeepster 8701 convertible
    80 Honcho Sportside
    82 CJ-8 75K org SR decals
    82 Cheroeke Laredo 24K
    83 CJ-8 50K 401, ARB60's, F&R Winch, 38"
    84 CJ-7 38K Garnet Int., Jeep 8274 winch
    84 CJ-8 mud Scrambler
    87 J 20 36K smooth alum camper & boat rack.

Comment

• Greenfire
      350 Buick
      • Nov 13, 2004

1984 J10

Comment

• baybilly
        304 AMC
        • Jul 10, 2004

first timmer here, just printed registraion fourm out. got few a Q's

1- class 7 for the 80 cherokee right?

i hope i'm not to late, can wait to meet all you guys and gals. at the end of the show on sat will you be able to drive your rig to your hotel/ if i can get one/ then come back in the am sun?? just trying to make plans here and get my ducks lined up. anybody on the eastern shore here going up? give me a yell if someone wants to ride with me, i'll be riding solo on this one.
        I'll keep my guns, money and freedom, you can have the change !!!!!
        baybilly = dave
        1980 cherokee 401, TFI,msd, 4", 35's, The money pit!!!!
        77 cherokee S ,parts
        78 j10 , one day i'll get to it.
        84 J10, parts
        51 Willys
        88 XJ, DD
        92 XJ, the other half claimed it, DD
        1966 GT-350 mustang/ project

Comment

• Geeeep
          304 AMC
          • Nov 02, 2002

Class 7, yes for all the FSJ's, they judge the Wags and the JTrucks in the same category

Yes, you can leave Saturday and return Sunday

Since I'm less than an hour away I've never stuck around Sat night, and we'll I've had enough of the York bar scene during my mis-spent young adulthood (Though I used to love the G-man {Gingerbread Man bar and restaurant} but that might just be because a "frat" brother of mine ran it and well......)

I'll be up early Saturday (or you'll see a tan '87 Grand on the side of I83) though I've done nothing but change some fluids since the engine rebuild last year. This trip should finish breaking it in (or break it)!

JR are you bringing that Jeep trailer again?
          Dave Pitts, located directly over the center of the earth!

GW - 87 GW 360/4bbl/727/208 Vinyl floor, manual windows, no woodgrain
          Find someone to haul your Jeep here: YT Hauling Schedule

Comment

• baybilly
            304 AMC
            • Jul 10, 2004

Geeeep i'll be headed up fri night, staying at the Hampton inn. thanks for the info. see ya their.
            baybilly = dave
            77 cherokee S ,parts
            84 J10, parts
            51 Willys
            88 XJ, DD

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Geeeep

JR are you bringing that Jeep trailer again?

Yes and I hope to be pulling it with my Honcho. All I have to do is adapt an Astro class III hitch to my frame "and we'll be in the clear".
              I hope to sell it this year but I have to sell the 2 dana 60's I'll have in it first. I'll be up Friday night and leaving Sunday.

JR
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• red mistress
                304 AMC
                • Sep 13, 2007

Hotel

Hampton was full already

Wingate looks like its right down the street.

So I got a room there. Guess I'm all set.

Buddy of mine, Jim that helped alot on Scrambler, took job as Welding supervisor project manager, in Maryland few years ago may stop by show Sat morning.
                He's hiring.

Says the drag racing is way more competitive up there than in East TX.
                67 Gladiator 15K J3000 AMC 327, PTO, 35" BFG's
                69 Jeepster 8701 convertible
                80 Honcho Sportside
                82 CJ-8 75K org SR decals
                82 Cheroeke Laredo 24K
                83 CJ-8 50K 401, ARB60's, F&R Winch, 38"
                84 CJ-7 38K Garnet Int., Jeep 8274 winch
                84 CJ-8 mud Scrambler
                87 J 20 36K smooth alum camper & boat rack.

Comment

• baybilly
                  304 AMC
                  • Jul 10, 2004

i'm headed out around 1 fri afternoon from millersville Md, headed around 695 to 83 north to york anybody want to hook up and caravan up ? I'll be staying at the hampton inn. lets all get together fri night for a meet and greet and some eat's and a cold one.
                  baybilly = dave
                  77 cherokee S ,parts
                  84 J10, parts
                  51 Willys
                  88 XJ, DD

Comment

• vapiper
                    230 Tornado
                    • Jun 24, 2008

I went to this last year in my 06 rubicon and had a blast, did their course which was actually pretty good (ran 3.5" lift and 33's)

My "club" will be there, stop by their tent and get some awesome jeep schwag

Novajeepers by name....hopefully I'll make it up, all depends on a motorcycle ride to the tail of the dragon hmmmm choices choices
                    Yea, though I rock crawl through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no trail; for thou art modified; thy rig and thy lockers they comfort me.

Comment

I was wondering when this event was approaching. I'm going to see if the family is into it this year. (went 2 yrs ago and had a good time).

The rock crawling course was much fun to watch. I don't remember much of anything seen in the swap meet area, especially for FSJ.

Anybody going have a right side rocker panel they want to sell? Only thing different with my wag is it has less paint and more rust than the last show.

Comment

• Pitbull-Lady
                        232 I6
                        • May 02, 2008

Originally posted by Jeepeta
                        I don't remember much of anything seen in the swap meet area, especially for FSJ.
                        What's funny, the other year, 2005? when I went it was all FSJ stuff that I remember! Now in 2008, I can finally use it!
                        01 Wrangler 3.5" lift
                        84 Grand Wagoneer 4" 32s Orange Crush
                        88 Grand Wagoneer SOLD to VaPiper

Comment

• Headhoncho
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Oct 11, 2006

I am officially stuck on what to do. I want to take my Honcho to the show but I need to pull a small trailer with it. I am in the process of installing (ie:cutting, grinding, welding) a class III hitch to it (TOTAL PITA!!!!!). The trailer is going to be loaded with two dana 60 front axles and a cherrypicker. In my truck would be more parts plus camping gear for the weekend. If I sell the trailer (hopefully) then I MUST sell the axles as I don't have the payload to haul them home in my Jeep. Now, I have an F150 I used last year that will solve everything and more but then I have no way of getting my Honcho to the show. I really want the Jeep there since this year seems to be the year of the FSJ at the Pa. Jeeps show. Figures.

JR
                          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                          1966 mustang fastback
                          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• baybilly
                            304 AMC
                            • Jul 10, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                            I am officially stuck on what to do. I want to take my Honcho to the show but I need to pull a small trailer with it. I am in the process of installing (ie:cutting, grinding, welding) a class III hitch to it (TOTAL PITA!!!!!). The trailer is going to be loaded with two dana 60 front axles and a cherrypicker. In my truck would be more parts plus camping gear for the weekend. If I sell the trailer (hopefully) then I MUST sell the axles as I don't have the payload to haul them home in my Jeep. Now, I have an F150 I used last year that will solve everything and more but then I have no way of getting my Honcho to the show. I really want the Jeep there since this year seems to be the year of the FSJ at the Pa. Jeeps show. Figures.

JR
                            JR, how far are you from york. i could make a detour and pull the trailer with the cherokee if that helps ? i'm setting out on fri around 1 in the afternoon from millersville md. let me know.
                            baybilly = dave
                            77 cherokee S ,parts
                            84 J10, parts
                            51 Willys
                            88 XJ, DD

Comment

• Headhoncho
                              AMC 4 OH! 1
                              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by baybilly
                              JR, how far are you from york. i could make a detour and pull the trailer with the cherokee if that helps ? i'm setting out on fri around 1 in the afternoon from millersville md. let me know.
                              Thanks for the offer. I'll know for sure what I'm doing after this weekend as I'm going to work on it Sunday till it's hopefully done. I am just east of Phila. by the way.

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• zmjeeps
                                304 AMC
                                • Jun 14, 2000

JR,
                                If you sell the trailer and not the axles, I'll take them to my shop in PA for you. Also, if the cherry picker is only for unloading the axles, you could leave that at home and a bunch of us could muscle them and/or there are other motorized methods of getting them on and off the truck. My trailer with the cherry picker mounted on it will be there.
                                What do you mean by "since this year seems to be the year of the FSJ at the Pa. Jeeps show. Figures. "?

Zack
                                Zack Heisey
                                Z&M Jeeps
                                419.893.4JEEP (4533)
                                www.zmjeeps.com
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X