• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThisGuyUKnow
    350 Buick
    • Mar 25, 2008

Originally posted by jaber
    You can also have the GM 7477 TBI computer modified to "batch fire" and use it to run all the electronics on the EFI...

I have not gotten this far yet, but depending on what info I find and how hard it is to convert, I am keeping this option open...
    Jaber,
    I am real close to embarking on a gm based tpi for my 360. I did a junkyard based 4.0 injection on my 258, and the results are pretty awesome ( I can just jump I'm and start the cj up and drive off in 20 deg weather) so that further makes me want to do the 360.

I would be interested in seeing your notes on the ecm you are looking into. I have the tpi intake already made (purchased from rawdave) and I picked up a complete(I mean complete- from engine all the way to underdash) 1990 vette wiring harness. I have read that these can be tuned via the diagnostic port that is under the dash. It may be easier to the route you are looking into though.
    '85 CJ7 Laredo- Rebuilt 360, Tuned Port Injection, T-176, D300, W/T 3.31 w/Trac Loc, 31x10.5x15 BFGs

Comment

• ThisGuyUKnow
      350 Buick
      • Mar 25, 2008

Originally posted by tj10
      There is a site called cjoffroad or something to that nature that has a ton of info on wiring the mopar mpi up to work on the 258. I attempted this once with a obd2 system trust me stay away from the obd2 crap. When i get the time i want to swap my 4.0 from carb to mpi if you can get a harness from a yj which is obd1 it is a ton easier. They claim there are only 5 wires that need to be spliced to run the motor. Good luck and keep us posted. BTW if it seems like to much dont be afraid to run a carb im running a new (not rebuilt) motorcraft 2100 with a electric fuel pump and this is the best running, starting and driving carbed vehicle ive driven the mc2100 is close to efi in my opinion im just greedy and feel like i need about 15 or so more hp lol.
      It is 5 wires and instead of a yj harness look I.to obd1 cherokees because they are more plentiful and can be had cheaper
      '85 CJ7 Laredo- Rebuilt 360, Tuned Port Injection, T-176, D300, W/T 3.31 w/Trac Loc, 31x10.5x15 BFGs

Comment

Working...
      X