• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 73wag
    230 Tornado
    • Oct 02, 2010

Name that part... Please!

Hello All,
    I started back on getting my 1973 Wag - "little red mule" back in to shape for
    Brakes, undercoating etc. down the rabbit hole i go.

Anyways I am trying to find the correct part or DIY fabrication ideas for my rear seat anchor pillars, when fold back and lock in place.? Not sure what to call them. Any help or Fabrication suggestion would be great.
    Couple of shots if the part in question and Jeep.

PS. Any suggestions on replacing the instrument panel dash bulbs?

Thanks in advance! - Matt

Last edited by 73wag; 05-31-2020, 04:42 PM.
  • Rusty76
    258 I6
    • Jul 15, 2018

For the dash bulb you should be able to reach up and turn the unit that holds the bulb. Very nice unit. Good luck
    1976 Jeep Wagoneer
    Rebuilt, 360, TH400, QT.
    Still not running. Soon!

Comment

• chubbinius
      258 I6
      • Oct 31, 2018

Like Rusty said, the bulbs in the gauge cluster are just some small twist in sockets that the bulb plugs into. If the sockets are corroded or worn, you can buy new ones from either BJs Offroad (let them know you are a member b on this forum for a discount, if you haven't already) https://www.bjsoffroad.com/Instrumen...ket_p_494.html

or from PartsDude4x4 https://stores.partsdude4x4.net/sock...-cluster-each/

As for the rear seat latch anchors, a Fastenal/Mcmaster Carr/good Hardware store should be able to help you match up a spacer/sleeve/bushing and a shoulder bolt or similar to work. You'll likely have to do a really good weld of a new threaded insert into the wheel well to thread it into as well.

Red mule looks good...even on the jack stands!
      1970 1414X Wagoneer "The Pig"
      -Dauntless 350 V8
      -D27 front/D44 rear
      2006 XK (65th Ann Edition)-DD

Comment

• 73wag
        230 Tornado
        • Oct 02, 2010

Thank you very much to you both for your help! Now I know where to start.
        On the dash lights, Do you need to pull the screws and pull out the instrument insert out, because I'm not getting much slack to get my hand behind to unscrew the bulbs. Maybe a wire is hung up, seems like a tight fit with the steering column.
        Or is it better to try and reach up from underneath, up from the gas peddle?

Comment

• wiley-moeracing
          350 Buick
          • Feb 15, 2010

You will need to reach up underneath and unscrew the speedo cable to get the cluster out far enough to gain access to back of it.

Comment

• threepiece
            350 Buick
            • Sep 17, 2005

Originally posted by wiley-moeracing
            You will need to reach up underneath and unscrew the speedo cable to get the cluster out far enough to gain access to back of it.
            I found it possible to reach in directly behind the cluster. After removing all the screws it is possible to pull the cluster out far enough to slip a hand in. I install the same way.
            FSJ Hybrid build thread: http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/...ad.php?t=43332
            We are Borg, but we don't know it yet.
            We are being assimilated but we don't know it yet.
            Resistance is not futile yet.
            Are you and your children connected yet?

Comment

• SOLSAKS
              304 AMC
              • Jul 25, 2016

that is a nice red wagoner

something about older red wagoneers like yours looks so good,...

another member on here "driftwood"
              has one very similar to yours and it looks great too.

the aged red paint kinda looks even better than a newly painted rig.

good luck with your wagoneer.

dave in NC
              SOLSAKS - dave
              1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
              1982 J-10 Fleetside
              1988 grand wagoneer
              2004 RUBICON jeep
              Benson, NC

Comment

Working...
              X