• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gwinn
    360 AMC
    • Nov 05, 2001

MANY PICS FROM AZFSJC CROWN KING TRAIL RIDE

Only 3 FSJ's showed up for the the May AZFSJC trail ride. Several cancellations were announced over the previous week and most were because of last minute mechanical querks in their FSJ's. The Crown King trail has a reputation for taking advantage of weaknesses in our rigs, so those who cancelled most likely made a very good call.

The day started out on a sad note. Gary Holmes, the former owner and builder of the Camo Cow has passed away. Please do not post your condolences on this thread. I am working on a dedicated thread in memory of our fallen brother and will post it as soon as I learn more about his life and untimely death.

John, "7 left" purchased his '78 Cherokee, "Camo Cow" from the estate and wheels it with the same pride in which Gary did. John is a veteran Jeeper and "Camo Cow" is an exceptionally well equipped recovery vehicle. It was comforting to know they were on this Crown King trip. I took a few chances I wouldn't normally have, although not many.

Jeff, "Locked and Loaded" and Shauna wheeled in their '83 J10. They've also been wheelin' for a while. Their last trip up Crown King was about 15 years ago, so they noticed a few changes along the way.

I brought gus on this one. Note: 33's on a stock Cherokee suspension will rub...........a lot!

The day's rock damage consisted of a torn sidewall on John's rig, damaged tranny mounts and a torn sidewall on Jeff's truck and a shortened exhaust system on mine.

Below are some pics from the day. Enjoy!

1983 Cherokee Laredo "Gus"

• dngrs1
    327 Rambler
    • May 22, 2004

Very good pics! I really wish I had tried harder to attend. Next time for sure.
    '77 J-10 '79 CJ-7
    Arizona-The Rust Stops Here

Comment

• janie
      • Aug 11, 2001

Beautiful pic's, thanks for sharing with us.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

• Tad
        • Nov 30, 2001

Thanks Tom, I'm sorry I had to sit this one out.
        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
        Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• fulsizjeep
          Señor Jackhead
          • Aug 21, 2002

Thanks for sharing Tom! Looks like we missed out on a real nice trip!
          Flint
          Ran when parked.
          http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
          88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
          76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
          http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• jepj2000
            350 Buick
            • Dec 22, 2006

Nice pics! Looks like a good time even with the small number of FSJs.

Rankin
            1972 J2000: 304, T18, Dana 20, Dana 44s w/ 4.09s, Rear Detroit, 7.50-16s
            1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Comment

• will e
              Always Broke
              • Nov 16, 2001

Great PICS! I wish I had gone but I was one of those that would most likely have had troubles. A clunking spring and an alternator that didn't want to charge. Since CK has never been too kind to us I figured I would stay home and fix the jeep. As a bonus, I managed to figure out what was wrong with my fuel injectino too....

Good to see Camo Cow out again. Last time I saw that truck was on my first AZFSJ outing. (Box Canyon)

How were the temps? I imagine it was a few degrees cooler at CK?
              82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• Heimeken
                304 AMC
                • Nov 29, 2000

Excellent pics Tom, only takes two to rumble!
                '85 Grand Wagoneer "Caterpillar"
                401, NV4500, 3/4 ton gear

'79 Cherokee "The Sandgorgon"
                One Tons, SOA,T18 on 40's

78 J10 "Imoteb"
                J20 running gear and axles

Comment

• Tigger4X
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Nov 16, 2001

Really wish I could have made the trip ... but thanks for the pics! Keep 'em coming if you got 'em.
                  Originally posted by will e
                  Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
                  Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• SteelPonyCowboy
                    232 I6
                    • Sep 24, 2005

NICE !

Great pics, I could not make it due to a 3 day adventure in Canyon De Chelly where the Navajo guides gave me an Indian name: He who flys Wagoneer. Probably because I had mine airborne more than once, I can tell you my TTsFabworks SOA/shackle flip took the abuse as did the rest of my rig. They dont make them like that tough anymore !

Mike

Comment

• amc79j10
                      232 I6
                      • Apr 24, 2005

Glad you guys had fun. I enjoyed my mountain camping rest.

Good to see john and camo cow joined up with you guys

Mike A and Flying Lady.
                      Mike A and Flying Lady

Its a Full Size Thing you wouldn't understand.
                      79 j-10: 360 th400 dana 44 w/lockrights rear. 4.27 gears, Rino grill 6" KC's in 5 3/4 buckets, custome rings for both 7 and 5 3/4 lights, custom front bumper with warn classic winch, 1" extended shackles front, 6" lift kit, 35 12.5 15 tires, edlebrock intank and 4bl carb.

Comment

• shimniok
                        360 AMC
                        • Jan 08, 2003

Some great flex shots in there!

Looks like you had a great time!! Very cool.

The pics with all those saguaros make me homesick for Tucson.

Michael
                        Broken Photobucket image in my post? PM me.
                        1986 Grand Wagoneer "Troubled Child" ? tc.wagoneer.org ? Facebook ? KØFSJ
                        Stock 360, TBI, 727 with TransGo, NP208, 4" Skyjacker, 33" BFG MT, WT Axles, Lock Right & ARB, OBA

Comment

• baybilly
                          304 AMC
                          • Jul 10, 2004

Now thats some sweet wheeling pics Man i gotta get out their one day what was the temp out their when you guys were having so much fun? i hear it can be a bit on the hot side. thanks for posting them up.
                          I'll keep my guns, money and freedom, you can have the change !!!!!
                          baybilly = dave
                          1980 cherokee 401, TFI,msd, 4", 35's, The money pit!!!!
                          77 cherokee S ,parts
                          78 j10 , one day i'll get to it.
                          84 J10, parts
                          51 Willys
                          88 XJ, DD
                          92 XJ, the other half claimed it, DD
                          1966 GT-350 mustang/ project

Comment

• jsinajeep
                            304 AMC
                            • Nov 26, 2005

Well, Tom I tryed real hard Not to look at though Pix. I wanted to go so bad on the CK trip. But I could'nt do two trip in this two week. I love that CK trip. I am going to Flagstaff this week-end with everyone at work. Some real good picture, thanks Tom
                            http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/h...eep%20Trailer/

Comment

• rstep
                              304 AMC
                              • Oct 09, 2003

Great pics Tom,looks like you guys had a good run.Have to see about making the next one.
                              77 Cherokee 401/400 trans,Holley on edelbrock performer,PT 1339
                              d44s,detriot rear ,diff guards front and rear
                              Fabbed front and rear bumpers,Tire carrier
                              33"BFG KM2's on black spokes
                              Tadrack
                              Interior upgraded,Durango console, custom gauge panel,bucket seats
                              Soa,with 1" shackle up front
                              Hood vents

Comment

Working...
                              X