• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaddyRich
    230 Tornado
    • Nov 19, 2018

1990 Grand Wagoneer Restoration

Hello Gentlemen,

Looking for some final parts to complete my 1990 Grand Wagoneer Restoration:

My rig:

Looking for tailgate Window Wiper Parts (I have the Arm, Missing Something?) & Spray Nozzle:

I also need to rebuild all Power Window Motors including the Tailgate Window motor, any ideas or experiences are much appreciated!

Thank You for any responses or ideas.

• SOLSAKS
    304 AMC
    • Jul 25, 2016

welcome to the forum.

most times it is discovered the motors are not the problem
    but more often there are bad connections, etc.

the tracks and any where something slides need to be lubed well
    with sill-glide from NAPA auto parts stores

check all electrical connections for build up pf dirt, gunk, etc.

you might get lucky !

good luck

dave in NC
    SOLSAKS - dave
    1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
    1982 J-10 Fleetside
    1988 grand wagoneer
    2004 RUBICON jeep
    Benson, NC

Comment

• DaddyRich
      230 Tornado
      • Nov 19, 2018

1990 Grand Wagoneer Restoration

SolSaks,

Thank's for the info, I will pull the door panels and take a look at the tracks, I had completely pulled the interior , all door panels, glass and hardware within the doors for the paint job. So all electrical connections were addressed at that time. The guys that put the doors back together for me did Not however do a great job of cleaning and lubing the tracks. I will take care of that.
      I also put all new weatherstripping and glass felt in. Looks to me like they may be too tight being new, causing the windows friction when going up.

Thank's again for the reply

Comment

• rang-a-stang
        Administrator
        • Oct 31, 2016

Sweet truck! That looks like about 6" of lift, yeah? Whereabouts are you in NV? My parents just moved to Sparks and I will be there in Thanksgiving. I'd buy you a coffee to let me see your rig!

Driftwood did an AWESOME rebuild on a 79 Tailgate.
        My tailgate needed serious maintenance. I gutted it of all electrical wiring, mechanical parts, glass, inner & outer wipes, Tailgate Glass Side Channels, and outer tailgate key switch. I ordered and installed new; Tailgate Window Lift Pins with Upgraded Clip Design Tailgate Glass Side Channels Tailgate Window Lifter

I am not sure how similiar the internals of your tailgate and his are but, that's pretty much how you do it...
        Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
        (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
        (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
        79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
        (Cherokee Build Thread)
        11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
        09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
        00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• aaronsjeep
          232 I6
          • Feb 19, 2009

I was happily surprised when I pulled the door panels on our 1990 recently to find out 90-91 dont have the flexible plastic tracks that break. They have a screw drive type system. The worm gear works inside a tube which gets gunked up with rust and dirt. Take your time and clean out and lube what you can and you should be able to get your windows to run smoother and faster. If you do some research you will find old threads about how guys used to upgrade their older rigs to these last style mechanisms. With maintenance they should last forever. Tons of little differences in these rigs that you almost wouldn't know until you work on them side by side. Welcome btw
          1987 GW 5.3, 4l60e NP241c

1988 GW 5.3, 4l60e, NP229

1990 GW 6.6, 727, NP229

Comment

• SOLSAKS
            304 AMC
            • Jul 25, 2016

daddy rich,...

yep, I have read where several guys on here had trouble with windows after all the new felt/rubber etc.

it does put them into more of a bind
            which taxes the motor and wants it to work harder !

I had forgotten about your year model having a newer window lift design,...

that is a good thing.

good luck

dave in NC
            SOLSAKS - dave
            1976 J-10 HONCHO Fleetside
            1982 J-10 Fleetside
            1988 grand wagoneer
            2004 RUBICON jeep
            Benson, NC

Comment

Working...
            X