• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOE.C
    232 I6
    • Jul 16, 2000

HEADLINER

know of anyplace that sells headliners for 1980 jeep j20 tan color preferably could not find in massachusetts . thanks joe.c
  • Bernie
    232 I6
    • Apr 11, 2000

Did you call around to any interior shops? Down here in S.E. MA the going price seems to be $300 installed or less if you drop down the old one your self and bring it in to them.

------------------
    To many Jeeps not enough money!!
    To many Jeeps not enough money!!

Comment

• Ralph
      Third Member
      • Apr 11, 2000

You can do the job yourself for about $50 in materials. There's an excellent article in the Tech section about it, which I used when replacing my headliner last summer.

If your headliner board is warped, try a Jeep boneyard like JW Jeeps. But the material itself is available at fabric stores, and the spray adhesive is available at any hardware store.
      We did it to Japan. We can do it to it to Iran!

Comment

• Marc_01
        327 Rambler
        • May 10, 2000

I found a place that will do it for $65 if you take it down and clean the backing. Thats not a bad price, im sure you could find someone to do it for less than $300.
        87 GW & it\'s brown

Comment

• gc4x4
          232 I6
          • Aug 13, 2000

[B]know of anyplace that sells headliners...
          Joe,
          I found a guy in San Diego last year that sells a headliner DIY covering kit but the price was about $100. I found a shop in the Chicago area that, given that I took both pieces out and reinstalled the finished pieces, did my headliners and recovered the sun visors for $150 total.

keeper of Moby Jeep<BR>bone stock \'87 GW that <BR>won\'t ever pass the IL emission test

Comment

• WINGO
            327 Rambler
            • May 06, 2000

I too followed the the advise in the Tech Section.

In fact, I ordered my foam backed cloth from American Upholstery Supply today. I sent them a piece of my existing cloth and they sent me back three swatchs of different colors for my consideration.

Thier web site is:
            www.ATRIM.com

Good Luck!

------------------
            WINGO
            Vineland, NJ
            USA
            1984 GW 360
            <b>WINGO</b><br />Vineland, NJ<br />USA<br /> 1984 GW 360 <br />Front Axle: \'79 W/T, SOA<br />Rear Axle: \'80 W/T, Riverbeast Kit<br />Body: 3 \" Body Lift<br />Transfer case: \'82 CJ, Twin Stick Dana 300<br />Wheels: Stock Rims w/ 31\" X 10.5\" Kelly MT<p>A good reason to buy Todd\'s kit!<br />http://imaget.webphotos.iwon.com/100...PM0.601864.jpg

Comment

• WINGO
              327 Rambler
              • May 06, 2000

I too followed the the advise in the Tech Section.

In fact, I ordered my foam backed cloth from American Upholstery Supply today. I sent them a piece of my existing cloth and they sent me back three swatchs of different colors for my consideration.

Thier web site is:
              www.ATRIM.com

Good Luck!

------------------
              WINGO
              Vineland, NJ
              USA
              1984 GW 360
              <b>WINGO</b><br />Vineland, NJ<br />USA<br /> 1984 GW 360 <br />Front Axle: \'79 W/T, SOA<br />Rear Axle: \'80 W/T, Riverbeast Kit<br />Body: 3 \" Body Lift<br />Transfer case: \'82 CJ, Twin Stick Dana 300<br />Wheels: Stock Rims w/ 31\" X 10.5\" Kelly MT<p>A good reason to buy Todd\'s kit!<br />http://imaget.webphotos.iwon.com/100...PM0.601864.jpg

Comment

Working...
              X