X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Knuck
    350 Buick
    • Jun 13, 2008

Here is a link to the Barn Door build thread.

I am close enough to being done to go ahead and start my build thread on the barn doors. I've always liked them but have never seen a set in person, so I decided to make my own It all starts with a tailgate I got from a friend here in Tucson The the cutting begins. I moved the license plate recess to the left side Then
    81 J20 "Mater", 401/T-18/NP208, Rhino Conversion, 4" Rusty's all-spring lift, extended length front shackles, 2" rear blocks. LT285/70r-16 M.T. Baja Claws, Front Locker, Custom Rear Bumper, Custom Front Bumper under construction.

Comment

• j2sax
      350 Buick
      • Mar 20, 2003

Ford with Camper?

Wow, looks like my bud here in Denver is buying a pickup pop up camper for his F150 today and going to let me borrow it for the trip... see you guys tonight!

So much for sleeping on the ground!

Jesse
      Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• j2sax
        350 Buick
        • Mar 20, 2003

BLAHST! Truck broke down on the way to Ouray and had to head back to Denver. Also got called into a Conf call for tomorrow... MANDATORY I have phone and PC, so have to stay at Hotel tonight. If someone had to cover the space for tonight, I should still pay for it, however, I WILL be there tomorrow a.m. If someone could let Flint know, I would appreciate it. My apologies again guys, but TRUST me, I would rather be in the mountains!
        Jesse- Sparta, MO (Near SPfdl MO) J20 4 Door Project, Wag w/ 6" Rusty's, 33x12.5's, 360/727 (for now!), 77 J10, 80 J20, 3 80's Wags, 73 Commando, Lots of AMC Eagles, FSJ parts Rigs and parts

Comment

• Gambler68
          Rabble Rouser
          • Feb 29, 2004

Happy travels to everyone going home. Thank you for spending your vacation money in our wonderful state and cya next year
          1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
          1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
          The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
          Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• will e
            Always Broke
            • Nov 16, 2001

made it home! Had a great time. Too tired to drive the entire way in a FSJ so I stopped and spent the night in Heber.

Looking forward to next year, I hope the weather is just as nice.
            82 Cherokee WT ? SFwith Alcan/agr box/Borgeson shaft/ 401/performer/Holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/ALTAS(2.0/2.72/5.44)/D60 Snofighter(Yukon Zip,hubs,stubs,4.56)/14 Bolt (FF,BF shave,Discs, ARB,Artec Truss)/MTR 37/Corbeau Moab Seats /Hella/tuffy console/sliders/custombumpers&roll bar/WARN 8000/steering brace/CO2 Tank/dual batts/custom TCskid plate

Comment

• fulsizjeep
              Señor Jackhead
              • Aug 21, 2002

Just got home. Bummer. What an awesome week.

Epic would not even come close.

Hey Ryan, we hauled enough coffee to cover you and we all thought about you while we were there. It was not the same without your company brother.

Glad Jesse could make it in. There was plenty of room to take in stragglers. We had one heck of a beautiful ride on Red Mountain Trail yesterday.

Jaime rolled like fish with us to Dolores from the AOK and headed south from there. It is 93 at home and I miss the cool mountain air!

Ralph and Ems will be rolling like fish in to Jubilee Jeeps later this afternoon.

I hope all had safe and happy journeys home.

Cruise Successfully
              Flint
              Ran when parked.
              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• Gambler68
                Rabble Rouser
                • Feb 29, 2004

Thanks for the thoughts, just will have to make it twice as good next year. Glad everyone had a blast.
                1979 Chero S "Sundog" 1979 Chero S "Hammer"
                1968 327 J3000 1978 J10SWB
                The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
                Hunter S. Thompson .

Comment

• COLOFIREMAN
                  Gone,But not Forgotten.
                  • Apr 09, 2005

Originally posted by Gambler68
                  Thanks for the thoughts, just will have to make it twice as good next year. Glad everyone had a blast.

Ditto on that !!
                  Jason in the Mountains
                  1978 J10 LB,OE 4-speed,4:10's,4BBl,and just 85K(daily driver)
                  1988 Grand Waggy 8" lift 35" A/T's (under construction)
                  1984 CJ7 12" lift 39" Iroks 1 tons
                  1979 Cherokee Super Chief (under construction )
                  1974 J-10 LB Buick 455 BB 4" lift 33" BFG tires
                  1973 J-4800 LB plow truck 7" lift 255/85/16 LT Truxs MT's

Comment

• firecaptain13
                    350 Buick
                    • Jul 06, 2006

I got home last night late after an all day run from SLC area. Great trip... a full week in Ouray and a few more in SLC. Hopefully, next year, there will be company from SLC joining me
                    88 GW 4" lift, 31's, Razor

Comment

• olllllo
                      258 I6
                      • Jul 29, 2003

Originally posted by firecaptain13
                      I got home last night late after an all day run from SLC area. Great trip... a full week in Ouray and a few more in SLC. Hopefully, next year, there will be company from SLC joining me
                      So you're saying the second leg of the trip went well, eh?
                      ~Dave Shuck

'86 Grand Wagoneer - 4BT Cummins, Dodge NV4500, Ford NP205, Front HD HP 44, rear D60, 37" military Goodyear MTs
                      >> Build Thread <<

Comment

Working...
                      X