Rolled my Wag in Arizona-Donor body found -recovery video posted -post #318 for link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flint and I talked in length about the generosity you all have shown, both with parts and money. We cannot tell you how grateful we are to have such a caring community supporting us. It really helped us through some rough spots.

But we both feel reservation at accepting money (we'll take all your parts tho!! ). We are fortunate that we have jobs and insurance so we will manage the bills OK (even tho I dread seeing the bills from 3 ER visits!)

If folks really feel a need to make a charitable donation I will make some contacts in the Florance/Queen Creek area and see about setting up a little Luna Donation for the local Search and Rescue team or an animal shelter.

Flint, Luna, Chief and I were incredibly lucky that we needed neither SAR or animal control/shelter assistance during our incident in AZ. We always joked that because we donate to Ouray Mountain Rescue every year we have good luck on trail. Maybe we need to do the same when we take our AZ trip each year!
    Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
    77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
    The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• COLOFIREMAN
      Gone,But not Forgotten.
      • Apr 09, 2005

Originally posted by Jeepstress
      Flint and I talked in length about the generosity you all have shown, both with parts and money. We cannot tell you how grateful we are to have such a caring community supporting us. It really helped us through some rough spots.

But we both feel reservation at accepting money (we'll take all your parts tho!! ). We are fortunate that we have jobs and insurance so we will manage the bills OK (even tho I dread seeing the bills from 3 ER visits!)

If folks really feel a need to make a charitable donation I will make some contacts in the Florance/Queen Creek area and see about setting up a little Luna Donation for the local Search and Rescue team or an animal shelter.

Flint, Luna, Chief and I were incredibly lucky that we needed neither SAR or animal control/shelter assistance during our incident in AZ. We always joked that because we donate to Ouray Mountain Rescue every year we have good luck on trail. Maybe we need to do the same when we take our AZ trip each year!
      Glad you guys are doing good!!
      Jason in the Mountains
      1978 J10 LB,OE 4-speed,4:10's,4BBl,and just 85K(daily driver)
      1988 Grand Waggy 8" lift 35" A/T's (under construction)
      1984 CJ7 12" lift 39" Iroks 1 tons
      1979 Cherokee Super Chief (under construction )
      1974 J-10 LB Buick 455 BB 4" lift 33" BFG tires
      1973 J-4800 LB plow truck 7" lift 255/85/16 LT Truxs MT's

Comment

• fulsizjeep
        Señor Jackhead
        • Aug 21, 2002

This could have gone a lot worse than it did. Our local friends on the trail run took care of getting us to medical care, extracted the Jeep and drove it to Queen Creek and also went on a dog hunt. If we had been there by ourselves we would have been screwed. If it was just a couple other rigs on the ride, it would have been much more of a challenge. To all those who pitched in for us - WE THANK YOU!

At one point Janie contacted me about some $430 had been offered up to the cause of getting the 76 Wag that Tats has in Sacramento shipped to Tucson. We feel blessed with the generous offers - WE THANK YOU! Contributing to local rescue (human and/or canine) makes good sense to me.

Flint
        Ran when parked.
        http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
        88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
        76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
        http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• SGT-ROCK63
          232 I6
          • Oct 19, 2010

Glad you found Luna !!!!!!!
          AFTER 48 YEARS OF CAREFUL FINANCIAL PLANNING EVERYTHING I OWN WILL FIT IN THE BACK OF MY 1963 J200 !!!

Comment

• fulsizjeep
            Señor Jackhead
            • Aug 21, 2002

...well...

I had not looked at these pictures yet and figured it was about time. It makes me sad. I am grateful the injuries were not worse but I also morn the loss in the sweet 33 year old body on the Phoebe....

in Box Canyon before

moments before

someone picked up our camera and shot several pictures of the after

after we were headed to hospital - thank you dear friends for the salvage work! I salute you

More PIX Here
            Last edited by Jeepstress; 12-02-2010, 07:39 PM.
            Flint
            Ran when parked.
            88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods

Comment

• REDONE
              304 AMC
              • Aug 19, 2002

Dang Flint, I got so many smart alleck comments floating in my head but I just can't post them because I'm so dern glad you and Krista and the dogs are ok. Jimminy Jumping Jack Christmas! Don't do that no more. Keep the rubber side facing dirt, and keep your people juice on your insides where it belongs!

And don't be too quick to chop up that body...looks like all the parts I need are still there...TO BUILD THE CHEROWAGLADABEGO!

Last edited by REDONE; 12-02-2010, 06:44 PM.
              2012 Winner of the Prestigious Ouray Cast Iron Butt Award
              79 J-10 - The Money Badger!
              304/T18/D20/D44s
              What's been did:
              Holley 4160/Ede' S.P.2.P.
              MSD Streetfire based TFI
              Custom-hack gauge cluster
              Razor swap
              Fancy exhaust (Thrush Muffler)
              2 knob tape deck!
              3" homebuilt lift
              Half a hillbilly paint job

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                Señor Jackhead
                • Aug 21, 2002

far freakin out! haven't seen that one in ages!

I don't always listen to directions so well. Come on out and play with us.
                Flint
                Ran when parked.

Comment

• REDONE
                  304 AMC
                  • Aug 19, 2002

It's in the works my friend! Long ways to go between here and there, but it's in the works!
                  304/T18/D20/D44s
                  What's been did:
                  MSD Streetfire based TFI
                  Razor swap
                  2 knob tape deck!
                  3" homebuilt lift

Comment

• Gary's Addiction
                    258 I6
                    • Sep 10, 2004

Originally posted by smogdredd
                    What do You have to do to break the quarter windows? Those things are tough!
                    I just smashed one out on my 89. Loose generator on wheels not tied down as well as I thought in the back and a hard left turn.
                    81 Cherokee - long gone
                    91 Grand Wagoneer - more recently gone
                    89 Grand Wagoneer - new ride currently sucking money out of my wallet.
                    91 Grand Wagoneer - Back again!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by REDONE
                      And don't be too quick to chop up that body...looks like all the parts I need are still there...TO BUILD THE CHEROWAGLADABEGO!

We really do need to make the CHEROWAGLADABEGO a reality!

Comment

• bigun
                        • Feb 10, 2003

We really do need to make the CHEROWAGLADABEGO a reality!
                        I let Bart know to start sourcing parts!! I wounder what Dave would say when it pulled in at the K.O.A.
                        Last edited by bigun; 12-02-2010, 09:19 PM.
                        charlie
                        KB0HXA
                        "Crom" 76/75 Cherokee/J20 Hybred,

Originally posted by Gambler68
                        congrats...that's the first post on here I have absolutely no effing clue how to comment on.
                        How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.
                        Robert A. Heinlein
                        The birth of CROM is recorded here
                        http://www.alaska4x4network.com/showthread.php?t=7778

Comment

• REDONE
                          304 AMC
                          • Aug 19, 2002

Originally posted by bigun
                          I let Bart know to start sourcing parts!! I wounder what Dave would say when it pulled in at the K.O.A.
                          With the weird things that have rolled through there I bet he'd just ask to see my credit card and drivers license, haha! Last time I was there, FJSers weren't the weird ones. The Pinzgauer people were! Like golf cart mini-mogs!

Don't worry Krista, my woman is on board, I am back and it's going to happen. CWG-Bego and a Keg, look out Ouray!

Speaking of beer, did you guys know that my with my first FSJ, WagoThing (the hideous pile painted like the comic book character with 39" TSLs) I mounted beer taps into the center of the tail lights, and they actually worked? I tell you, I'm a highly motivated artist when I'm drinkin'! This will happen, and I will bring it to you!
                          304/T18/D20/D44s
                          What's been did:
                          MSD Streetfire based TFI
                          Razor swap
                          2 knob tape deck!
                          3" homebuilt lift

Comment

• Originally posted by REDONE
                            I mounted beer taps into the center of the tail lights, and they actually worked? I tell you, I'm a highly motivated artist when I'm drinkin'! This will happen, and I will bring it to you!
                            This doesn't surprise me at all!

Comment

• chr1s
                              360 AMC
                              • Jun 17, 2003

Glad everything turned out for the better!

Sorry about your Jeep
                              87 Grand Wagoneer -(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)- "TROLL SMASHER II"
                              88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
                              "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."

Comment

• janie
                                • Aug 11, 2001

The body damage/blown out broken glass and blood stains....it really is a miracle you two walked away from this, no more injured than you were. If you look closely at the 1st pic you can see a FSJ angel on the roof rack.

She definitely stayed with ya'all during the tumble.
                                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. Faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Comment

Working...
                                X