• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • H Callaway
    350 Buick
    • Aug 13, 2005

Camp Jeep in VA.

Camp Jeep 2007 is being held July 26-28 in the Blue Ridge Mountains at Oak Ridge Estate, Virginia, just outside of Charlottesville. Please note, this event is only open to current Jeep owners. (That would be us here! )

I have a neighbor that is some kind of Area Rep for Jeep Corp. He asked me about my Jeep and how it was coming. He told me they have some kind of Jeep Corral that displays old Jeeps. He asked if I might be interested in showing mine. I sent him some links showing my progress and he was surprised it has moved this far along. Has anyone been to a Camp Jeep? I have been to a Jeep Jamboree with my baby Jeep and it was a lot of fun. I have heard that Camp Jeep is more about family events and displays as well as some trail riding etc... What do you think? I bet they would love to have Franks Red Tonka Truck. It might be a good way to make me finish mine in a timely manor!!!

900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)
    http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/hcallaway/
  • jlewis
    327 Rambler
    • Jun 12, 2005

I live in Culpeper, Va which is about 45min from Charlotesville. I can't wait. I am really looking forward to it. Since I have moved here from Asheville NC, I haven't seen many FSJ.
    89 grand wagoneer, 6in lift, 33in tires, 360 crate engine, performer intake, Holly truck advenger 4b carb,
    My wifes ride: 97 xj, 242 crate engine, 4in lift, 31 in tires

Comment

• grand_wag_85
      Murphy's Law Poster Child
      • Dec 03, 2003

I went a couple years back when it was in PA, had a BLAST!
      You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
      '88 GW
      '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• jlewis
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 12, 2005

I just got done talking to jeep.com camp jeep representative and I was wondering. Does $295 and $245 for early bird registration sound to much? The bad thing is you can't even camp there!!!! Thats just to bring your jeep in and do some rides. Am I being to much of a tight wade or are we pretty much paying for the fellowship of fellow jeepers.
        89 grand wagoneer, 6in lift, 33in tires, 360 crate engine, performer intake, Holly truck advenger 4b carb,

Comment

• jlewis
          327 Rambler
          • Jun 12, 2005

They do provide one meal on the last day. I forgot.

Comment

• 78J10honcho
            350 Buick
            • Dec 18, 2005

Well, I am a tight wad so that sounds high to me, especially considering the cost of ECI
            Ben
            78 j10 honcho 360/th400/d20 (sunday driver)...97 F-350 crew-cab 4x4 5-spd PSD (tow rig)

Comment

• jaber
              Dragin Az
              • Oct 17, 2003

That sounds like one of those trips that will have to go on the "When I Win The Powerball" list......
              Jeff

'43 cj2a
              '51 Willys p/u
              '51 Willys Parkway Conversion
              '68 Panel Delivery
              '74 CJ5
              '75 J-20 Wrecker
              '75 J-20 Cummins service bed
              '77 J-10 p/u
              '79 Cherokee
              '88 Grand Wagoneer
              '98 Grand Cherokee

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
                327 Rambler
                • Jun 08, 2005

When it was going to be in Pennslyvania I thought about going but given the price and the fact that it didn't even cover camping I decided against it. Then I joined up with MAFSJA, had a blast, and paid a fraction.

I'd skip it.
                1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
                The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• Dome
                  304 AMC
                  • Apr 06, 2000

Crapola. The first year I tried to go to Camp Jeep was the first year ever they decidied not to hold it at Camp Hale, just outside of Vail, CO (which at the time was only about 2 hrs from where I lived).

Now they are having it out here in Virginia, about two hours from where I live, but my **** Jeep is still out in Colorado.

I have always wanted to go to one of these things simply so that I could show up all the shiny new Jeeps.

p.s. When it was in CO, you could camp FREE anywhere you wanted in the beautiful White River national forest and when you got tired of laughing at all the new Jeeps, you could drive 10 minutes and hit some real 'wheeling.
                  Last edited by Dome; 02-20-2007, 07:14 PM.
                  83 Wagoneer Limited (R.I.P)
                  360, TF727, NP228
                  SOA, 35's, WT Axles, 4.10 gears, Detroit Locker

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                    Murphy's Law Poster Child
                    • Dec 03, 2003

When I went we had a crew of 5 so we split the cost, had to rent a hotel too...

I like Dome's idea, showin up the newer Jeeps I wonder if they'll have a Compass trail
                    You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                    '88 GW
                    '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• adamsclarke
                      258 I6
                      • Jan 24, 2007

I'll be going as a guide most likely this year. Everytime I was supposed to work it..I ended up selling a jeep and getting a land rover

You can fit a FSJ on all of the trails...a bit tight on finley ridge.....but some fun trails and obstacles (and i've done them all too many times too count)

If you are going to wheel..i'd do jamboree...but camp jeep is a fun trail ride and events kinda thing...very family geared and tons of stuff to see.

The oakridge estate is fun...so i'd highly recommend it if you can fork up the $$$....it'd be nice to not be the only FSJ there

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                        304 AMC
                        • May 02, 2003

I have been to four Camp Jeeps and will be going again this year! I was a trail guide two years ago when it was in PA and I wigged quite a few people out guiding with a FSJ! The Virginia Camp Jeep is great. The trails are nice and they have them for all abilities. The price gets you on the trail rides, into Camp Jeep Village, Sat. concert and such. The village is worth the price of admission. They have activites for the kids, the wife and all kinds of stuff from cooking classes to scuba diving to paint ball. It is AWESOME! Just remember that it is a HUGE marketing gimick by Diamler-Chrysler but it is still a GREAT time. My wife and kids LOVE it and it is truly a GREAT family vacation!
                        FSJ-Earl
                        2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                        2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                        1989 GW - the one that started it all
                        1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• H Callaway
                          350 Buick
                          • Aug 13, 2005

The Jeep Rep told me that they lowered the price and the admission is per Jeep, not the number of people. I will try and see if I can find it on the Web.
                          900 plus pictures not in any order taken during restoration. (Plus a couple of assorted pictures that down loaded.)
                          http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j289/hcallaway/

Comment

• FSJ-Earl
                            304 AMC
                            • May 02, 2003

The price of admission is PER JEEP, NOT per person. You can have as many people in your jeep as you have SEAT BELTS. My Wag has 6 seat belts, so I can take six people for the 245.00
                            FSJ-Earl
                            2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
                            2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
                            1989 GW - the one that started it all
                            1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• JPSwapMohn
                              304 AMC
                              • May 01, 2004

Umm, maybe I can talk my wife into going. I did not realize Oakridge was a hotel. THe website does not mention it (or I skimmed past?)

Wont be able to make the call until it is closer. The price is a bit high for the 2 of us and the GW (or YJ). If the mutts could go and run around it might be worth it..
                              One day I will wake up and realize that my jeep is complete...one day, I just know it.

88Wag, LT1/4L60E/NP242, F150 fuel cell, discs, J20 axles, Truetrac & Grizzly, 3.73
                              http://imgbox.com/g/rNuIasKYrS
                              95YJ, STaK 300, D44's, SOA, ARB's, 4.56s, Bilsteins, 35" KM2's
                              50 CJ3A
                              77 J-10, 360/T-18/D20, SOLD

Comment

Working...
                              X