• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wagn Man
    258 I6
    • Jun 23, 2009

Throttle/Cruise cable bracket advice

So I order the recommended bracket Edelbrock 8031 that my Pro Flo 2 installation instructions suggest only to find the cut outs that the cable fit up in to are oversized for my application, 84 Grand Wagonnerr. Any of you guys have experiece with the Pro Flo 2 install, and what did you do for your cable hookup? Unsure at this point but I might just go with a home brew set up that uses pieces from the oem and the new Edl. bracket. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Please include pics if you have any.
    78 Chero NT..... nickname "Crash"
    84 GW 401, Rhino Grille
    03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD My DD/Tow Rig
  • Wagn Man
    258 I6
    • Jun 23, 2009

Figured out

Well after some toying around I have come to the conclusion that I will make a custon one with the factory bracket which doesn't appear to be too difficult, just some trimming and adding a stand to it.

On a side note does anyone have experience with Summit's return policy? As I understand it I won't be getting full price back, is this true?
    84 GW 401, Rhino Grille

Comment

• FSJ Guy
      • Mar 20, 2005

I suspect that if you CALL them up and explain that the part didn't fit for your application, you can get a RMA # and send it back as long as the part is un-used.

But I've never done this. Once I got my Performer cam installed, I never wanted to send it back to them.
      Ethan Brady
      1987 Grand Wagoneer, slightly longer than stock.

www.bigscaryjeep.com

Don't mess with me. I once killed a living hinge.

Comment

• Wagn Man
        258 I6
        • Jun 23, 2009

Solid advice there
        84 GW 401, Rhino Grille

Comment

• Wagn Man
          258 I6
          • Jun 23, 2009

Kickdown

Well loose fitted my manifold to determine needed mods to factory throttler bracket to get it to line up right and found that my trans kickdown linkage will not line up due to the position of the intake runners. Anyone got any advice on this sudject? Currently on the phone with Edelbrock, will be talking to Summit next.
          84 GW 401, Rhino Grille

Comment

• Woodchomper
            350 Buick
            • Dec 17, 2002

Lokar makes a cable kickdown kit for the 727 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LOK-KD-2727HT/

Also be careful when you set up your cable for the gas pedal. If you extend the cable too much the gas pedal will rise up. This can put the gas pedal even with the brake and lead to a condition where you press the brake and accidentally hit the gas.
            1991 GW 401 /727TF/NP229 /4" Skyjacker /EBL TBI /CS-144
            1981 J10 401 /727TF/NP208 /6" Superlift /CS-144

Comment

Working...
            X