• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • imiceman44
    327 Rambler
    • Feb 25, 2006

Well I guess we found a new way to repel bears
    2 miles they say, that is far enough for me, my uncle in NJ is constantly having problems with bears in his yard, I will record some of the noises we get in Pismo and just run them on his sound system every once in a while.
    IceMan

Comment

• mattmopar440
      AMC 4 OH! 1
      • May 17, 2007

DONE
      87' Grand Wagoneer
      401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
      84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
      80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
      74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
      Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
      Inferior Chevy

Comment

• mcjeep80
        258 I6
        • Jul 07, 2008

done

=

=
        '80 WT.cherokee-tbi454/4l80/241c
        welded rockwells/ PSC full hydro /3"body lift
        front soa on 3" springs/inboarded 63s rear
        42x15x16.5 TSLs on 8 bolt H-1s

'77 Honcho, 454/th400/div.205
        3" body lift/3" of aal
        35x12.5x16.5 thorn turds

DD/Tow rig, 2005 5.9 Cummins 3500 CC/LB

Comment

• mattmopar440
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • May 17, 2007

They have picture of sand dunes HOW DO YOU DAMAGE A SAND DUNE IT'S SAND !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The avarage thrillcraft owner is not a avarage american ????????????? WTF
          Last edited by mattmopar440; 01-31-2009, 10:00 AM.
          87' Grand Wagoneer
          401/727/229, Currently:RUNNING
          84 J10/20 hybrid 258/727/208 Daily Driver
          80' J10 4BT/AX-15/208
          74' J10 Go Grabber Green Sold
          Originally posted by Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
          Inferior Chevy

Comment

• Dr.E
            258 I6
            • May 11, 2005

Done

More land has been permanently destroyed
            by building stores with paved parking lots where the devout "enviro-terrorists" buy there
            hiking gear and "birkenstocks" than all off road
            vehicles combined. Think about that next time you visit REI.
            Seek out the authority to share his knowledge, be enlightened and fix it right the first time.

Comment

• jeepskater433
              327 Rambler
              • Jan 26, 2009

signed it and now sending it to all my friends, because that is ridiculous
              CURRENTLY FSJLESS

Happiness is just a downshift away
              2009 Ford Mustang GT-DD/Track Car
              2006 Jeep Wrangler-DD/Trail Rig
              1999 Jeep Wrangler-Dads Trail Rig
              1989 Jeep Comanche-Project Truck
              http://www.txfsja.org/forum/

Comment

• grand_wag_85
                Murphy's Law Poster Child
                • Dec 03, 2003

Signed.

That's just messed up...

Wait a minute, just read their tid bit on snowmobiling. How the heck do these things pollute the enviroment?
                Last edited by grand_wag_85; 01-29-2009, 02:08 PM.
                You know it's bad when your car's on the EPA's 10 most wanted list!

'82 J10
                '88 GW
                '77 J10 Golden Eagle 401

Comment

• caionneach
                  350 Buick
                  • Aug 19, 2003

Signed it

Signed it. However, the link in the originally posting didn't work for me, so I did a search at the gopetition site and found this: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...rillcraft.html
                  1982 Cherokee
                  258 cid/T-5 $15 Sunpro Voltmeter gauge
                  replacement; Quadratec Trailmax Thermal Pro
                  Seats! 4 inch SKYJACKER suspension lift, 33X12.5 in
                  BFG Mud Terrain Tires on 15X10 in ProComp Rims.
                  New BJ's chrome-moly rear axle shafts, 3.73:1 diffs and ARB Air Locker!

Comment

• rockrat
                    232 I6
                    • Oct 31, 2008

signed

wonder how they think of hurting the environment as they consume coffee, eat their meals, talking on cell phones all while "driving" their cars, belching carbon monoxide just like everyone else?????
                    "I reject your reality & substitute my own"

1988 Grand Wagoneer

---President----
                    Busted Knuckle Offraod Club

Comment

• JeepStew
                      258 I6
                      • Jun 14, 2005

signed ....... i forgot to mention starbucks.....
                      JeepStew A-K-A DJ
                      1) SOLD:1980 jeep cherokee laredo WT 2 door 360, 727 TC, np 208, AMC 20 and Dana 44
                      2) SOLD:1995 jeep grand cherocar 318 awd
                      3) SOLD: 1989 Jeep, Grand Wagoneer "Wagonmaster" 360 ci 727 TF, Np 208, 4" lift.
                      4) 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4.0L 2wd
                      pics:www.flickr.com/photos/31358907@N02/sets/72157612509481422/

Comment

• duncanstives
                        304 AMC
                        • Mar 27, 2008

This is a group of idiots but they have a right to free speech same as everyone else... Because the government listens to special interest groups like this instead of following an overriding set of documented princibles (the constitution anyone?) does NOT mean speech we don't like should be banned at the risk of it influencing our (apparently) childlike leaders. Don't fight fire with fire.

BTW I also think no one pays any attention to online petitions (they only care about petitions where the barrier to entry is a bit higher... ie you have to put in at least a small amount of real work to circulate it and to sign it and mail it back). Also I don't think this group has attracted any mainstream following so while offensive they're are larger more mild sounding groups doing much more harm to public access than this one.
                        88 Waggy
                        Resting in peace... Um... In piece... Er... IN PIECES

Current Status: Under construction. Phase 2.

86 Pathfinder Conversions "K-Van"

Current Status: Broke

Volkswagen rail buggy

Current status: Broke

95 Jeep ZJ V8

Current status: DDing

Comment

• loganvilledude
                          258 I6
                          • Mar 10, 2009

Originally posted by caionneach
                          Signed it. However, the link in the originally posting didn't work for me, so I did a search at the gopetition site and found this: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...rillcraft.html
                          Thanks for posting the correct link! I signed it and here was my comment.

" The responsible citizens who drive on our Federal Lands are not at fault. As a matter of fact they provide revenue to keep these parks and lands open. Remember this is everyone's land and by providing a place to drive our off road vehicles prevents the destruction of virgin lands if there wasn't a place to go."

I watched about two minutes of the video and saw where it was going. It looks like a combination of some "Left and Right Wingers" who put this together. I would like to ask how many granola bar eating, Prius driving nuts go to our Federal Lands anyway?
                          89 Wagoneer / White Woody / 4" Skyjacker / 360 AMC / A Former Odessan
                          http://s244.photobucket.com/albums/gg8/odessadude/

Comment

• picklewag
                            232 I6
                            • Jan 10, 2009

Signed! It's like walking accross the grass. If you spread out the path that people use, you may never notice someone has walked on the grass. If you narrow it down to a single path...the grass may never grow back.
                            '78 Wagoneer Limited, AMC 401, TH400, B/W Quadratrac w/reduction, number's matching, "piece of work"...and a lot of it!

Comment

• Blindphleb
                              230 Tornado
                              • Aug 06, 2009

Somewhere in the middle

I will not be signing the petition. I know I'm in the minority on this site. I have been hearing about "tread softly" type campaigns for years now, yet seen trail rigs grow monstrous in size and ability. Actions don't seem to follow deeds sometimes.

I applaud those of you who do your part to keep your impact to a minimum and refuse to wheel with those that do not.

Having grown up on jeeps (I learned to drive in a CJ-8) I love the use of public land just as much as the next person. However, to deny that off road vehicles have a substantial impact on an area's ecosystem (yes... especially sand dunes) would be irresponsible.

If we intend to keep our right to use these public lands, we must be harder on those of us that wheel irresponsibly.

That, to me seems more important and more effective than signing a petition.

Comment

• TexTJ209
                                360 AMC
                                • Oct 06, 2005

Originally posted by Blindphleb
                                I will not be signing the petition. I know I'm in the minority on this site. I have been hearing about "tread softly" type campaigns for years now, yet seen trail rigs grow monstrous in size and ability. Actions don't seem to follow deeds sometimes.

I applaud those of you who do your part to keep your impact to a minimum and refuse to wheel with those that do not.

Having grown up on jeeps (I learned to drive in a CJ-8) I love the use of public land just as much as the next person. However, to deny that off road vehicles have a substantial impact on an area's ecosystem (yes... especially sand dunes) would be irresponsible.

If we intend to keep our right to use these public lands, we must be harder on those of us that wheel irresponsibly.

That, to me seems more important and more effective than signing a petition.

The larger and more capable vehicles could be argued to have less of an effect on the environment as they don't have to work as hard to traverse the same terrain. I agree with most of what you said though, we really really REALLY have to be vigilant about policing our own. Idiots that tear up our lands get our trails closed.

That website has been around for years now..
                                '10 Chevy Silverado 5.3L - The DD.
                                '81 Jeep CJ-7 Laredo
                                '73 Jeep J2000 - On the perpetual backburner.
                                Texas A&M Offroad

Comment

Working...
                                X