X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rang-a-stang
    Administrator
    • Oct 31, 2016

I can't believe it has taken me this long to find this build thread! My goodness! Sweetness! I looooovve the color with that chrome!

What's the story on your power windows? Were they in it when you bought it? What are they from? in full disclosure, I started reading on page 5 so if you talk about it earlier, I will knock myself with a ratchet when I get home.
    Last edited by rang-a-stang; 06-01-2019, 08:25 PM.
    Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
    (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
    (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
    79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
    (Cherokee Build Thread)
    11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
    09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
    00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• 8man
      304 AMC
      • Jan 04, 2011

Thanks. The color really does pop in the sunlight.

As for the power windows, the doors I used had power windows in them, but they were using the Jeep switches which have the power to the window motor run through the switch. This complicates the switch, making it more likely to fail. So I wanted to run the power to the motors through a relay, which would keep the high amp power from going through the switch. So I have a 5 amp power supply to the switch and 30 amp through the relay. Well, the switch had a ground jumper built into it. The switch would not work with a single ground and using the power to either the up or down position on the switch. So we dissembled the switch, cut out the jumper ground and now I have a switch that has 5 amp power through the switch for up or down (less chance for switch failure) and the ground is a constant ground. This simplified the switch and keeps a full 30 amp power to the window motor, but I had to find a place for the fuse box.

If you need more detail let me know, but this is all in the write up with pictures to help understand what I did..
      79 Cherokee S (current project)
      82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

• 8man
        304 AMC
        • Jan 04, 2011

Took Road Trip to the Karem Shriners Classic Car Show yesterday. Maybe 100 cars under the trees at the Karem Camp for Kids venue.

IMG_0219 by Robert Moorman, on Flickr

In the top right of the photo is a yellow car, you can't see RT, but it's the next one to the right. There was one other 4wd, a 76 CJ7 that was all dolled up.

The more popular cars were from the 40's and 50's at this show. I did have a couple of guys who were probably 20years below the average age stop by and chat about RT.

It was a good outing and we made the 3 1/2 hour round trip without incident.
        79 Cherokee S (current project)
        82 Cherokee (parts for the 79)

Member FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

Comment

Working...
        X