• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Darwin1876
    232 I6
    • Jan 16, 2015

Holley Sniper EFI

Just curious if anyone has installed this kit. And if so do you like it?
    78 J10
    88 Grand Wagoneer
    89 Grand Wagoneer
    72 J4000
    64 J200 (parts truck)
  • bkilby
    350 Buick
    • Jan 10, 2016

Interested as well. If I hadn't already purchased a new carb, I'b be getting this setup to try out.
    1974 Cherokee S. It's driving but needs more work. As usual!

Comment

• rocklaurence

• Jan 14, 2009

Wow, first I saw this! Its about time and it was FITEC and others that pushed them to make an affordable kit.

Comment

• Darwin1876
        232 I6
        • Jan 16, 2015

I think I have decided to take the plunge and order the kit. I will update afterwards.
        78 J10
        88 Grand Wagoneer
        89 Grand Wagoneer
        72 J4000
        64 J200 (parts truck)

Comment

• Geminiroq
          258 I6
          • Apr 06, 2007

Would be nice if they make a CARB version for us in California

Comment

• Darwin1876
            232 I6
            • Jan 16, 2015

Hopefully a California one will be there in the future.
            78 J10
            88 Grand Wagoneer
            89 Grand Wagoneer
            72 J4000
            64 J200 (parts truck)

Comment

• NeverKnowsBest
              230 Tornado
              • Jan 19, 2015

Eagerly watching this as well
              1973 Jeep J-4700
              1977 Jeep J-20
              1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
              1985 Jeep Scrambler
              1988 Jeep Comanche
              1989 Jeep Comanche (wrecked parts rig)
              1991 Jeep Comanche

Comment

• yossarian19
                258 I6
                • Nov 13, 2016

I'm a bit optimistic that running four more modern style injectors at a higher pressure will give better results than 80s-90s GM throttle body injection. People, when they bother to update threads after driving the project for a while, consistently report much better starting, idling and throttle response. Fuel mileage, nobody reports.
                Myself I'm interested FiTech's upcoming multi port systems. The Edelbrock Air-Gap intake for the AMC has bosses for injectors cast in (this is the manifold used in their EFI system) and fuel rails can be made to fit. $2,000 would get it running, i think. Not sure it'd be worth it though, competition being an LS swap. Anyway, that's a thread-jack...
                Hoping somebody chimes in with actual results after installing a Sniper or Fitech system.

Comment

• babywag
                  out of order
                  • Jun 08, 2005

EFI isn't a magical bullet on these things.

Yes it improves things across the board, however it's a 4500lb brick w/ zero aerodynamics. Just switching to EFI shouldn't drastically increase MPG.
                  Yes, there will be gains, but they won't be spectacular unless it was tuned horribly w/ carb.

Where it'll shine and you'll see the most benefit is city MPG.
                  Since the computer won't just be blindly dumping fuel like a carb on a cold engine. If it was tuned well before the swap you might see 1-2MPG increase in highway MPG.
                  Tony
                  88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

• wayne-o-
                    230 Tornado
                    • Nov 02, 2015

My Sniper Install

Just installed this on my 83 J10 Sunday, Huge improvement, smooth acceleration, reduced warm up, crisp throttle response, did have a problem with RPM's couldn't get it down below 850, a couple calls to Holley techs and they told me the fix. Just a matter of some tuning thru the hand held now its idling at 720 to 740.......smooth as silk.

this is my 3rd EFI setup; Howell, don't waste your time 3 injector pods,2 computer chips, 5 months and a trip to one of their approved shops later, runs too lean. they refunded my money
                    Holley Avenger 4 injectors.....1989 technology likes to shut off primary jets in stop & go traffic so your stalling, supplier gave me replacement units my choice, took (2) Holley Snipers, gave one to my brother for his 72 Jeepster

Comment

• j10jim
                      327 Rambler
                      • Jan 11, 2003

Originally posted by wayne-o-
                      Just installed this on my 83 J10 Sunday, Huge improvement, smooth acceleration, reduced warm up, crisp throttle response, did have a problem with RPM's couldn't get it down below 850, a couple calls to Holley techs and they told me the fix. Just a matter of some tuning thru the hand held now its idling at 720 to 740.......smooth as silk.

this is my 3rd EFI setup; Howell, don't waste your time 3 injector pods,2 computer chips, 5 months and a trip to one of their approved shops later, runs too lean. they refunded my money
                      Holley Avenger 4 injectors.....1989 technology likes to shut off primary jets in stop & go traffic so your stalling, supplier gave me replacement units my choice, took (2) Holley Snipers, gave one to my brother for his 72 Jeepster

How are you going to pass smog in CA with that on your 83 J10? I have a 1980 J10 and would definitely do this if it would pass CA smog. Thanks
                      1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• Geminiroq
                        258 I6
                        • Apr 06, 2007

Originally posted by j10jim
                        How are you going to pass smog in CA with that on your 83 J10? I have a 1980 J10 and would definitely do this if it would pass CA smog. Thanks
                        Same here

Comment

• yossarian19
                          258 I6
                          • Nov 13, 2016

Some counties in California only require a smog when ownership changes. Get a PO box and have a few bills sent there.
                          Or be like my old engine repair instructor, buy yourself a damned aircraft hanger full of muscle cars in Oregon and register your stuff up there

Comment

• j10jim
                            327 Rambler
                            • Jan 11, 2003

Maybe you need to start a nice side business. I could register my truck up there and you could forward the reg info to me
                            1980 J-10<br />Rusty\'s 4 inch lift<br />2 inch body lift,<br />35 in Xterrains on J20 axles<br />4:30 gears<br />Detroits<br />In-Cab cage thru the dash

Comment

• babywag
                              out of order
                              • Jun 08, 2005

Originally posted by j10jim
                              Maybe you need to start a nice side business. I could register my truck up there and you could forward the reg info to me
                              The registration address can be different than location of vehicle.
                              You don't necessarily have to even change it.
                              If you have AAA it's a quick visit.
                              Tony
                              88 GW, 67 J3000, 07 Magnum SRT8

Comment

Working...
                              X