• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hippie Metal
    327 Rambler
    • Apr 11, 2009

Originally posted by kennewick
    Wake up!!! Something is comming down the pike. Consider worst case and what you would do if you had to survive. I don't mind dieing, but killing me ain't going to be fun.
    1984 GW T18/205

Originally posted by TheDude
    Garrett called me maybe 30 minutes ago with a blown tire, but knowing PBR is on the line not much can stop us

Comment

• dadof3byz07
      232 I6
      • Aug 14, 2009

Originally posted by kennewick
      Wake up!!! Something is comming down the pike. Consider worst case and what you would do if you had to survive. I don't mind dieing, but killing me ain't going to be fun.

And most it is due to the few idiots that don't wanna follow the rules,and think that everyone should clean up after them!!Immature fools like that are what gives us all bad names,because the general public lump all "offroaders"into the same catagory with the ones that don't care.
      Just laid back and chillin'

Mark Long Xenia,Ohio

Comment

• SEdmonds
        258 I6
        • Mar 08, 2010

"And most it is due to the few idiots that don't wanna follow the rules,and think that everyone should clean up after them!!Immature fools like that are what gives us all bad names,because the general public lump all "offroaders"into the same catagory with the ones that don't care."

Exactly!! I don't know if an alternate view is helpful - but we live near a large OHV park. It's dedicated to OHV activities, which is fine, except the areas surround this park (for miles and miles) are treated by many OHV people as if they are part of the park with the same rules (ride anywhere they want). This includes Forest Service land and private property. We are constantly having to chase quads off our land (which is posted "Private, no Trespassing") and the non OHV park parts of the forest, on which riding on roads is allowed, (which is fine - I am not a supporter of banning use of the roads by anyone), are torn up by constant off the dirt road riding. Large amounts of trash are left behind after every big weekend.

This area was subject to massive floods this summer, predicated by a forest fire, but the flooding of houses was compounded by the drainage ditches having had their sides broken down by illegal quad and motorcycle travel.

I am and have always been a supporter of allowing free access to public lands, but living next to an area that is subject to constant abuse of the laws regarding staying on the exisiting roads makes me understand why the general public gets so upset about this.

Is it a minority that does this? Sure, but they are a very visible and growing minority, and the mood around here has shifted from a "they aren't really doing much harm" to a "ban them, they are destructive" attitude just over the last year.

Just sayin' for what it's worth, from someone who hears this from her neighbors pretty often now a days.
        Last edited by SEdmonds; 09-23-2010, 06:57 AM.
        http://www.1965Rambler.weebly.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEdmonds
          I am and have always been a supporter of allowing free access to public lands, but living next to an area that is subject to constant abuse of the laws regarding staying on the exisiting roads makes me understand why the general public gets so upset about this.

Is it a minority that does this? Sure, but they are a very visible and growing minority, and the mood around here has shifted from a "they aren't really doing much harm" to a "ban them, they are destructive" attitude just over the last year.

Just sayin' for what it's worth, from someone who hears this from her neighbors pretty often now a days.
          I hear ya. We are in the same sort of predicament here where we live. For the most part it's the motorbike and ATV riders that are doing the damage. Of course we always see a few jeepers doing stupid stuff, but the vast majority of stupidity we see on trail comes from the quad riders. We have met some really great ATVers too, but it seems like most of them are clueless and careless.
          Krista - High Priestess of Our Lady of Eternal Combustion
          77 401 Wag "Phoebe" ~ 77 401 J20 "Artemis" ~ 76 401 SOA Wag "Luna"
          The worst thing about rolling my jeep.....is trying to lick the paper...

Comment

• asphaltrockdweller
            350 Buick
            • Jul 09, 2009

I just had to read this!

There is soooooooo much more to this whole land grab, than meets the eyes.
            This is all part of the UN Agenda 21.

People do need to wake up soon, or we will loose much much more than just the right to our countries national parks.
            (Ristow)fram!....that deserves a ratchet upside the head.

Comment

Working...
            X