• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marsupilami
    232 I6
    • Nov 03, 2014

Feedback and new questions on cyl head

Hi All,

sorry for my very late reply. I have indeed found a good setup now. Can't hear any knock anymore.
    I bought new plugs that were 2 steps colder than the ones I used previously. Bosch WR7DC.
    Also, I put weaker springs in the distributor and a bigger lock-out ring.
    Ignition on 14deg. and manifold vac.
    Did the trick.

Rick, I did measure the chambers with the tools I had, which was a syringe, but no glass plate to put on top. I must admit thatI could not find a lot of difference, but I put that on my poor tools.

Anyway, valve noise is still there for a bit. Did not get the heads done.

While we are at that, I am thinking to pull the heads this winter for an overhaul.

I just want to get new valves in, get the seats refaced, maybe get new guides in, new springs, etc.

As I will be needing new rockers, what would be your choice? Roller? I dont beleive there are any out there that would be plug and play, right? Anyone know a good set to buy on the net? Or better to stick to stock as its not worth the extra money?

I did read a lot of posts on this topic, but still could not find the best package for the value...

Regards,
    Robin

Comment

• rang-a-stang
      Administrator
      • Oct 31, 2016

Maybe try this?
      Chuck McTruck 71 J4000
      (Chuck McTruck Build Thread)
      (8.1L swap questions - PerformanceTrucks.net Forums​)
      79 Cherokee Chief (SOLD, goodbye old buddy)
      (Cherokee Build Thread)
      11 Nissan Pathfinder Silver Edition 4x4
      09 Mazdaspeed3 Grand Touring
      00 Baby Cherokee

Comment

• marsupilami
        232 I6
        • Nov 03, 2014

Yeah, seen this thread and very interesting. But don't know if the flat top 343 pistons will kiss the valves at 1.7 ratio? Plus I have this cam:
        204/214 at 050, 280/289 adv. duration, 449/473 lift, 110 centerline

(Comp would consider this a 264H cam)

Comment

• jcisworthy
          232 I6
          • Apr 01, 2016

Pinging

Installing the timing chain and gears dot to dot means nothing. The only way to know if your cam timing is where you want it is by checking it with a degree wheel.

If your engine does not ping cold, maybe try a cooler thermostat if your radiator will maintain a cooler temp.

Try running the engine without the vacuum advance and see if that helps. There is nothing that says you have to use vacuum advance

Comment

Working...
          X