• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club Spring Fling

Well folks it's that time again. Time to fire up the FSJs and hit the trails for our annual Spring Fling. As always we'll be hitting the trails at Rausch Creek for a weekend of off-roading.
    The Charter Members and Members of the club have voted and decided that we'll be doing this year's trip on the weekend of April 17/18/19. Come for a day or for the whole weekend.
    For directions to Rausch Creek and any other information that you may need please visit their website:

The cost for wheeling at Rausch Creek is:
    The daily entrance fee is $35.00 for the vehicle and driver. Passengers age 16 and up are $5.00 each (When a passenger joins the park, the $5.00 fee is waived that day). Drivers and passengers age 16 and up are required to become members of the park which costs $10 per year and is good for one year from the date you join. Membership cards are given out when you join.
    For those of you that plan to camp at Rausch Creek they offer free primitive camping for our members. They have fire rings but no firewood so bring some with you and picnic tables at each campsite. Everyone will need to bring their own camping gear and make sure to bring water, none is available at the park. Bring lots of warm clothes and sleeping bags.
    We've been to Rausch Creek many times and they have always treated the club very well. For those you that have never been there are well marked trails for everyone to enjoy, from mild to wild.
    As always the MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club charges no dues or fees for any of its events. Your only costs will be those charged by the park.
    I hope to see lots of familiar faces and some new ones. If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • Headhoncho
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Oct 11, 2006

Hmmm......Rausch Creek or Spring Englishtown swap meet. I could do Englishtown on Friday and Rausch Sat and Sun. Try out the new front locker or look for parts? Just thinking out loud.

JR
    [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
    1966 mustang fastback
    '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• MudGirl
      230 Tornado
      • Dec 29, 2006

Hey, the Friday-Englishtown Sat/Sun-Rausch Creek sounds like a good plan to me. (just voicing my opinion) That way you can do a little of both and don't have to choose.

Plus I need people to try to convince my dad to NOT take apart the black jeep. It's an uphill battle.
      '96 Cherokee

Photographer / Video-ographer / "Sidekick"
      http://www.youtube.com/user/MudGirl8

Comment

• chr1s
        360 AMC
        • Jun 17, 2003

Hmm Englishtown... usually any good deals there?
        87 Grand Wagoneer -(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)- "TROLL SMASHER II"
        88 Grand Wagoneer- GONE
        "many miles away, there's a shadow on the door, of a cottage on the shore, of a dark Scottish lake......many miles away..."

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by chr1s
          Hmm Englishtown... usually any good deals there?
          Englishtown swap meet used to be great for early Mustang/Camaro ect. resto and used parts. Now it's mainly newer M/C stuff, used dirt bikes/parts, bicycles, used 4x4 parts. There are some good deals there if you look hard enough. I like to look for parts that may work on my Honcho or Mustang plus model kits/hotwheels.

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by MudGirl
            Hey, the Friday-Englishtown Sat/Sun-Rausch Creek sounds like a good plan to me. (just voicing my opinion) That way you can do a little of both and don't have to choose.

Plus I need people to try to convince my dad to NOT take apart the black jeep. It's an uphill battle.
            Hush child, let the men folk do their thing.
            He needs to take the FSJ apart so he has some parts for the 715 and so he can sell me his tires for the Junkyard Dog.
            Last edited by 91G-Dub; 03-23-2009, 02:37 PM.
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
              Hush child, let the men folk do their thing.
              He needs to take the FSJ apart so he has some parts for the 715 and so he can sell me his tires for the Junkyard Dog.
              I have a set of 38's I'm not using at the moment. You'll just need eight lug axles to use them.

JR

1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                360 AMC
                • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                I have a set of 38's I'm not using at the moment. You'll just need eight lug axles to use them.

JR
                Maybe when I get to stage 4 or 5 on the project. Still on stage 1
                91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
                  AMC 4 OH! 1
                  • Oct 11, 2006

OK folks, who all's going and when is everyone arriving? I am going either Friday late afternoon or early Sat am. Still may try to squeeze Englishtown in on Friday if I take the day off.

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                  '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• JeepinPete
                    304 AMC
                    • Dec 09, 2003

Hey JR, we have to talk about those 38's. I've got a set of D60's that need some larger tires...
                    Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                    Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                    Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• pineymike
                      327 Rambler
                      • Feb 22, 2008

I'll be goin' up early sat.

Comment

• Headhoncho
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by JeepinPete
                        Hey JR, we have to talk about those 38's. I've got a set of D60's that need some larger tires...
                        Sorry, but I'm keeping them for spares. Plus, I may be aquiring new wheels for them. You can borrow them anytime for measurements if needed.

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                        '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Headhoncho
                          AMC 4 OH! 1
                          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by pineymike
                          I'll be goin' up early sat.
                          Didn't we do that last fall? If so, that's fine with me (maybe not so much with my daughter).

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• JeepinPete
                            304 AMC
                            • Dec 09, 2003

Ya, I was just kidding. Forgot the smiley
                            Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                            Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                            Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                              360 AMC
                              • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
                              OK folks, who all's going and when is everyone arriving? I am going either Friday late afternoon or early Sat am. Still may try to squeeze Englishtown in on Friday if I take the day off.

JR
                              I'm going up Fri afternoon to secure camping spots. Probably leaving here noonish or so.
                              91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X