• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jcole
    230 Tornado
    • Jun 08, 2001

Roller Rockers

Has anyone tried Harland Sharp roller rockers. If so whats involved besides installing 3/8 studs? Will they fit under the stock Valve covers? are they worth the trouble? I am running a 401 with edelbrock cam, manifold, carb and soon shorty headers. any help would be appreciated.
    Jcole<br />76 j10 short bed <br />401 th400<br />2\" lift TFI upgrade
  • Elliott
    Cowboy Up
    • Jun 22, 2002

Most of the guys here, with a couple exceptions, build for lower rpms where I wouldn't think you'd even notice you had them on your engine. Given that you have an auto tranny you aren't likely to be pulling much rpm prior to upshifting. In the scope of all the things that build hp/torque/reliability in a 401 roller rockers are at the bottom of the list to spend money on in my opinion. If you add them to an unbalanced engine it's a pure waste of money. You could spend $ much more wisely on a custom cam, balancing, a lil head polish/gasket matching that would really bring your motor alive.

BTW, Winthrop sure is a great area. If you can make a living there my hat's off to you! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ September 12, 2005, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Elliott ]
    *** I am collecting pics and info on any factory Jeep Dually trucks from the J-Series at the new Jeep Dually Registry.
    ***I can set you up with hydroboost for your brakes: http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showthread.php?t=106056

Comment

• HARDCORE pacer
      350 Buick
      • Feb 07, 2005

In my experience with drag racing The ONLY benefit is a reduction of friction on the guides all but eliminating guide wear. As for performance the only thing it did for my 401 which saw 7000 rpm all the time was let it idle a little smoother. They are for durability and not for performance.
      78 pacer on 75 chero frame thats shortened 10\" and shackle reversal, D60 front with spool,14ff with detroit locker 4.56s in both,500 hp/500 ftlb torque 401,built 727,208 to divorced 205 doubler,on 46x21 ag tires
      78 cj 360, 3spd, scout 44s with detroits SOAed with 36"tsl and beadlocks

Comment

Working...
      X