• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 91G-Dub
    360 AMC
    • Aug 21, 2004

MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club 2010 Fall Fling

Now that Summer is officially over it?s time to plan our Fall Fling. Just like in years past we?ll be holding the event at Rausch Creek Off Road Park (rauschcreekoffroadpark.org) on Columbus Day weekend October 8/9/10.
    Our Fall Fling at Rausch Creek is always one of our most popular events. Being in the woods at this time of the year is amazing. Usually warm daytime temps drop off after dark for comfortable nighttime camping. The leaves are starting to turn and the scenery is amazing. The wheeling at Rausch Creek is second to none. There are plenty of trails of all levels to explore. Green trails for stock FSJs lead to every part of the park. For those that are a bit daring the blue trails are a bit more challenging. If you?ve never been to Rausch Creek before this is a great trip to attend.
    Please visit their website for detail about membership and daily entrance fees. Camping at the park is free.
    The MidAtlantic Full Size Jeep Club charges no dues or fees to attend any of our events.
    Hope to see you all at the Fall Fling.
    91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
    1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson
  • FSJ-Earl
    304 AMC
    • May 02, 2003

Lots of stuff going on at RC that weekend. As always, RC is a GREAT place to wheel.
    FSJ-Earl
    2002 F350 Diesel - tow rig / family hauler
    2008 4 door JK Rubicon - Wife's Daily Driver
    1989 GW - the one that started it all
    1983 - J15 - J10 body + J20 running gear = J15 Trail rig

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
      327 Rambler
      • Jun 08, 2005

I'll be there. What a great time of year for camping. Hope the sun comes out this time to warm the solar shower. Last year it was... invigorating.
      1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
      The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
        360 AMC
        • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Battle_Wagon_NJ
        I'll be there. What a great time of year for camping. Hope the sun comes out this time to warm the solar shower. Last year it was... invigorating.
        I missed the Solar Shower last year
        91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
          I missed the Solar Shower last year
          I didn't sleep for 3 days after my shower!!! Invigorating? More like hypothermia. At least the Led Zeppelin soundtrack kept me warm.

A water heater that works off the exhaust pipe is on the to-do list for this year.

JR
          [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
          1966 mustang fastback
          '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
            360 AMC
            • Aug 21, 2004

Originally posted by Headhoncho
            I didn't sleep for 3 days after my shower!!! Invigorating? More like hypothermia. At least the Led Zeppelin soundtrack kept me warm.

A water heater that works off the exhaust pipe is on the to-do list for this year.

JR
            You have way too much time on your hands.
            Bunch of Sissys if you ask me. If I came home from a camping trip not smelling like a goat my Darling Bride would think I spent the weekend in Atlantic City.
            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Ok, who all's going??

It will be the last visit to Rausch for my truck in it's current state so forgive me if I start to get emotional out on the trails.

I'll supply my own kleenex.

JR
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Fresh89
                232 I6
                • Jul 05, 2010

Hey guys I won't be able to make it this time, but looking forward to seeing some pictures!
                '89 grand wagoneer w/ 3" Rough Coutnry Lift + 31" Goodyear Wranglers

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                  360 AMC
                  • Aug 21, 2004

I'll be coming up for a day trip only not sure which day yet. I talked to PineyMike on Sat and I think he's doing a day trip on Sun.
                  91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Headhoncho
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
                    I'll be coming up for a day trip only not sure which day yet. I talked to PineyMike on Sat and I think he's doing a day trip on Sun.
                    How about Frisatsunday?!!

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                    '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• JeepinPete
                      304 AMC
                      • Dec 09, 2003

At this point I am hoping to camp out Friday night, and wheel Sat. I could probably adjust those plans to Sat night/ Sun if that's when the group will be there...
                      Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                      Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                      Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
                        327 Rambler
                        • Jun 08, 2005

I'll be there. Heading up Friday, hopefully before dark.
                        1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
                        The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                          360 AMC
                          • Aug 21, 2004

Looks like Sat will be the best day for a Daytrip. I'll see you folks there Sat morning. Not sure what PineyMike's plans are but I'll see if he can make a convoy with me.
                          91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• JeepinPete
                            304 AMC
                            • Dec 09, 2003

I am all set to be there Friday evening. Should be there around 6:30 or so. If I do not see anyone, I'll grab a campsite. Keep a look out for a blue Durango, or Gandalf
                            Pete

'55 Willys Wagon, the original FSJ
                            Sitting on a '77 Cherokee frame, Dodge D60's
                            Isuzu 6BD1, NV4500, NP241

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
                              327 Rambler
                              • Jun 08, 2005

Well, due to unforseen circumstances, it looks like we'll be up first thing Saturday morning. But we'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                              X