X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jode
    JB Welder
    • Apr 08, 2002

Warning - there appears to be something majorly wrong with your J20 - there are no oil spots under it. You might need to check your fluids.
    No FSJs for the time being - "I'm working on it, I'm working on it" (think Mike Meyers' SNL skit about the gut)

Comment

• j20brett
      360 AMC
      • Jul 05, 2006

HAAAAAAAAA! Thats cause i just took it outta the garage. Its a pint low due to leakage at the trans lol.
      Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

Fight Crime...Shoot Back.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• j20brett
        360 AMC
        • Jul 05, 2006

Retimed the ignition and adjusted the idle mix screws on the carb. This thing gets it now! And i have a new respect for anyone who has changed out bushings on the shackles on these rigs. 2 hours of beating with a hammer and socket and it was done. I completely flattened the head of a 1/2" bolt in the process. And my hand is sore today from gripping it so Great Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley Moogley hard. Glad thats over. O and pics of the lights...

Both on

Just hid's

Highs only
        Kaiser - 1981 J20 115" WB - 5.3l/4l60E/np241c/3-link hp60 spooled/Leafs 14-bolt detroit/5.13's/40's

Build Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Tigger4X
          AMC 4 OH! 1
          • Nov 16, 2001

WAAAAAH DUUUUDE!! Those are crazy bright as the sun! I wonder if they could be made to fit in the open holes instead of pie plates with a rhino.
          Originally posted by will e
          Keep in mind. Getting old is easy. Being old is hard.
          Post #14 ~ http://www.ifsja.org/forums/vb/showt...=1#post1580206

Comment

• jepj2000
            350 Buick
            • Dec 22, 2006

Very nice on the lights, they seem to pruduce just a tad more light over stock high beams. I really want some cheap HIDs now, dang it.

I know what you mean on those dang shackle bushings, I started doing the same thing and said screw it and bought beefy shackles and RS44044s with new bushings already installed in both.
            1972 J2000: 304, T18, Dana 20, Dana 44s w/ 4.09s, Rear Detroit, 7.50-16s
            1977 J10: 401, TH400, Quadratrac, partime kit, Dana 60's , 4.10s, welded rear, RS44044s SOA, 63" Springs inboarded, 36" Goodyear RT IIs

Comment

• j20brett
              360 AMC
              • Jul 05, 2006

Originally posted by jepj2000
              Very nice on the lights, they seem to pruduce just a tad more light over stock high beams. I really want some cheap HIDs now, dang it.

I know what you mean on those dang shackle bushings, I started doing the same thing and said screw it and bought beefy shackles and RS44044s with new bushings already installed in both.
              Lol good call. Would have saved me quite the headache

Build Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• j20brett
                360 AMC
                • Jul 05, 2006

A little progress. The neighbors in the apartment dont like it when i crank up the grinder at 8pm

Build Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• duncanstives
                  304 AMC
                  • Mar 27, 2008

Originally posted by j20brett
                  Retimed the ignition and adjusted the idle mix screws on the carb. This thing gets it now! And i have a new respect for anyone who has changed out bushings on the shackles on these rigs. 2 hours of beating with a hammer and socket and it was done. I completely flattened the head of a 1/2" bolt in the process. And my hand is sore today from gripping it so Great Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley MoogleyGreat Googley Moogley hard. Glad thats over.
                  I cheated... Drilled a few holes in the rubber for air flow and lighted them on fire... When they threatened to go out and let a little oxygen from the torch flow on them... About a half hour of nasty smelling smoke and they are pretty much gone... Its a dull orange flame and is not hot enough to damage the metal of the shackles...

EDIT: Oh yeah... I did this in the city so I can't imagine the neighbors were thrilled but I went in to eat dinner and get away from the smell while they burned
                  88 Waggy
                  Resting in peace... Um... In piece... Er... IN PIECES

Current Status: Under construction. Phase 2.

86 Pathfinder Conversions "K-Van"

Current Status: Broke

Volkswagen rail buggy

Current status: Broke

95 Jeep ZJ V8

Current status: DDing

Comment

• j20brett
                    360 AMC
                    • Jul 05, 2006

Originally posted by duncanstives
                    I cheated... Drilled a few holes in the rubber for air flow and lighted them on fire... When they threatened to go out and let a little oxygen from the torch flow on them... About a half hour of nasty smelling smoke and they are pretty much gone... Its a dull orange flame and is not hot enough to damage the metal of the shackles...

EDIT: Oh yeah... I did this in the city so I can't imagine the neighbors were thrilled but I went in to eat dinner and get away from the smell while they burned
                    I would have done that, but i still had to get the steel sleeve out also. So a BFH was in order lol

Build Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• jeeping1974
                      360 AMC
                      • Jun 17, 2007

Well, im as ready as ill ever be for our run next weekend. Plus, you can see how the lights turned out.
                      Maybe it's just the angle but your front axle looks further back than it should be. How did the wheeling go (maybe I missed that post)?
                      03 GMC 2500HD - DD/toy hauler
                      06 Street Glide - Cruiser

Comment

• alwomac
                        232 I6
                        • Aug 06, 2009

I would have done that, but i still had to get the steel sleeve out also. So a BFH was in order lol
                        I use a 1/2" carriage bolt (use carriage bolts because they are fully threaded) about 6" long run through the bolt hole on the bushing with washers that are smaller than the bushing at the head and on the nut end run the bolt through a piece of PVC pipe and put washers behind the pvc pipe that are bigger than than the pipe and tighten it all down. Important notes, make sure the piece of pvc is longer than the bushing so the bushing can be completely extracted into the pipe and make sure the the pvc pipe is the same size as the spring eye. I want to say I used 2", but don't remember that completely. If you get multiple size bolts in 1" increments you don't even have to turn a wrench, just put the impact on the nut and let it rip. Wear safety glasses and gloves because PVC pipe will shatter occasionally !!! You can do both ends in about 5 minutes with no nasty smell or smoke. Then you just have to find other things to piss the neighbors off . Hope this helps.
                        Aaron Womack

1978 Cherokee 360, 400/QT, HD44, Dana 60, 4.88's, locked, 36s on H1s, SOA/SF, high steer, Rancho RS5000's (14" front/11" rear travel) lots of dents

Comment

• j20brett
                          360 AMC
                          • Jul 05, 2006

Originally posted by jeeping1974
                          Maybe it's just the angle but your front axle looks further back than it should be. How did the wheeling go (maybe I missed that post)?
                          Nah thats where its always been. Eventually ill flip the springs around to stretch the front out some. Wheeling sucked at shiloh. Half the park was closed for motorcycle races that we never saw happen.

Build Thread

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

• Michael
                            AMC 4 OH! 1

• Sep 11, 2001

That is strange, from your other picture of your front springs, are those 44044's? Because from the other pic looks like you have the 3/4 miliary wrap at the front. Which would give you the extended wheel base. If those are 44044's and installed that way than I am darn confused.

Rigs looking good. Mine is going to be parted soon.....know anyone that wants a fsj? I am starting another project.
                            1994 YJ
                            Amc 360
                            TF727
                            Stak 3 speed
                            44" Pitbull Rockers on Trailworthy H1's
                            Rockwells

76' Wagoneer
                            401....new project

Tow Rig Daily Driver// 2007 6.7 CTD Dually

Comment

• fulsizjeep
                              Señor Jackhead
                              • Aug 21, 2002

Originally posted by Michael
                              Rigs looking good. Mine is going to be parted soon.....know anyone that wants a fsj? I am starting another project.
                              Sorry to side track here but is this project also FSJ?
                              Flint
                              Ran when parked.
                              http://jubileejeeps.org/quadratrac
                              88 GW, 401/727/208, 5" lift, D44s/4.10s/locked up, 35s with a few Evil Twin & TT's Fabworks mods
                              76 401 Wag, 77 401 Wag, 77 401 J20
                              http://eviltwinfab.com http://www.ttsfabworks.com

Comment

• ColeTrickle
                                360 AMC
                                • Nov 13, 2000

Originally posted by fulsizjeep
                                Sorry to side track here but is this project also FSJ?

Well, tell him Mike.
                                J-trucks with Brows RULE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X