• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wag4x6
    258 I6
    • Feb 15, 2010

Originally posted by moorehouse77
    Yeah thats the jerk that makes the rest of us with "big lifts" look bad!!! Are you technically lifted now or still just rockin the sawzall lift?

dave.
    Right now I have 2" blocks in the rear and custom 1 5/8" springs in the front, well acutallymore like 1 1/8" on the driver side and 1 3/4" on the passenger. I just kinda average them out.
    89 Grand Waggy, freshened up 360, 727, NP229, SOA/SF, highsteer w/ chevy knuckles, Dana 44's f/r, 35" Maxxis Big Horns, some rock rash and more to come....

R.I.P 87 Waggy

www.socalultimate4x4.com

Comment

• wanab4x4
      232 I6
      • Sep 18, 2010

hey anyone running these i came across.. a set of HID conversion lights with projectors .. im gonna pick up a set of these and use a sylavnia HL4 bulb,. should give me some nice HID import style headlights .. i havent seen anyone with a HID projector on there FSJ,.. f**K the silverstars are crap .. check em

"hello 911 yes this is an emergency!they put me on hold. Yes im still here , i want some of ur best men on this job. i would like to report a missing person. how tall? bout 7 feet tall 5 feet wide weights about 8000lbs smoke belching out the rear. Is it oprah? no its my FJS" lol

Comment

• Chief Gunner
        327 Rambler
        • Mar 10, 2006

That is on my list of things to do. I want to convert my round lights to a H4 type bulb so I can upgrade to better lights. Ultimately, I would love to go with a true projector beam, but that is so low on the list right now.
        The War Wagon: 1986 GW- SOA/SF on 33X12.50's, 360/727/NP228, CS 144 Alt, OBA
        Wife's DD: 2012 Ford Focus SEL

My carbon foot print is bigger than your's.
        WWW.SOCALULTIMATE4X4.COM

Comment

• suzq044
          304 AMC
          • Dec 23, 2008

I was thinking to do it with the auxiliary lights. Just use them as the headlights, and the regular lenses as the auxiliaries.

fogs/auxiliaries = headlights; headlights = fogs/auxiliaries. That way the truck doesn't look like it has eyeballs.. for the square lenses.
          Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
          Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• wanab4x4
            232 I6
            • Sep 18, 2010

well thats illigal in california..u can try to do that but i see u being pulled over real quick.. i used to have my 1979 mustang with the 4 head lights and i switched the middle 2 for the low beams and the outside for the high and i got pulled over within a week with a fix it ticket.. u have to have the headlights in the stock position and they have to be on the outside edge of the car.. and + the reason for the eyeball lens is to give u a nice stright beam of light that doesnt shine up wards so all the light is projected in front of u hence the name (projector headlight)

and u dont want to have to get a brake and light inspection.. thats a b****
            Last edited by wanab4x4; 10-04-2010, 02:44 AM.
            "hello 911 yes this is an emergency!they put me on hold. Yes im still here , i want some of ur best men on this job. i would like to report a missing person. how tall? bout 7 feet tall 5 feet wide weights about 8000lbs smoke belching out the rear. Is it oprah? no its my FJS" lol

Comment

• suzq044
              304 AMC
              • Dec 23, 2008

They'd be in the same position.. just function differently
              Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
              Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• tegank
                230 Tornado
                • Jan 23, 2011

Fallbrook

I know this is an old thread but just wanted to put it out here that im in the san diego are and would like to attend these meets and events
                69' J-2000 W/Buick 350

Comment

• Metal Twister
                  350 Buick
                  • Oct 20, 2008

We are still around and we post up when things are planned. Un fortunantly we are talking FSJ's here, and at any time there is a M&G or run posted our rigs may or may not be running. So we havent had the best turn outs for these meetings. If we ever did get lucky and got them all together at one time it would be a lot of fun and quite a sight Im sure. We will keep trying and posting so keep an eye on this section of the IFSJA. And thanks for bringing up this old thread. I hope it continues to grow here in So Cal. PM sent....

Comment

• lycanthrope
                    258 I6
                    • Mar 26, 2007

if we wait until everyone's rig is ready, we'll never get there.

however, if we help each other get their rigs on the road, we'd have better turnouts. plus a lot of fun along the way. i met songman when he picked up the j10 in banning, worked with geminiroq on his cherokee, met suzq044 and smittles in the yards, and working on their cherokee. and djongeward's son will be picking up the 4350 carb in the next few days.

all good times.
                    tommy
                    '83 j10 pioneer 258/t5/208...gone
                    '81 j10 sportside 258/t176/208
                    '76 j10 shortbed 360/th400/QT
                    '81 j10 sportside 258/tf999/208
                    '74 j10 shortbed ...gone

Comment

• mpc
                      232 I6
                      • Aug 18, 2006

Well I'm trying to wrap up some odds and ends on my Wagon so I can take it out to the desert for an off road shake down. I'm shooting for mid-February, but it might even be the TDS Desert Safari.

As far as a local meet-n-greet, I'll throw out an idea. I've used Dalton's Roadhouse in San Marcos before for this type of thing. They host a car show in their parking lot on the first Sunday of every month. Just an idea to get some discussion going.

Trying to make my Willys Wagon more highway friendly is also on the to do list.
                      Mike in Vista, CA
                      1942 Willys MB
                      1956 Willys Wagon

Comment

• tattooedup
                        232 I6
                        • Sep 19, 2010

i flaked on the last meet and greet in lakeside... If anyone wants to swing by next saturday im gonna be wrenching on my Chero and Baby Jeep and then im having people over for the UFC fight and a cookout.... Everyones welcome (618)795-4736 Jon address 8954 New Seabury Dr Santee, CA 92071 swing on by
                        Project "RED DEVIL" 1983 chero SOA 40s and a hemi. Pending $$$$$ that sthe plan though....

BORN, BREED, AND BLEEDS JEEP..... ANY AND ALL

Lookin for M715 Fenders and a Rhino Grille PM if u have any leads thx

Comment

• jMedia
                          350 Buick
                          • May 27, 2009

I often have FSJ withdrawals as mine is parked in the bay area while I am at school, so if anyone wants a helping hand let me know!
                          Joshua
                          1988 Grand Wagoneer "Elwood"(thanks krek)
                          Constantly changing, never done

Comment

• mpc
                            232 I6
                            • Aug 18, 2006

The shake down on my Wagon went great at TDS (except for the dent). We'll be back at Truckhaven this weekend, March 19-20, but in my trail Jeep, not the Wagon.

Then we'll be at Coyote Canyon on March 26th in the Wagon. Anyone interested get in touch with me for more info. These are family friendly runs. Thanks.
                            Mike in Vista, CA
                            1942 Willys MB
                            1956 Willys Wagon

Comment

• tattooedup
                              232 I6
                              • Sep 19, 2010

im gonna be wrenching on my junk this weekend if anyones down do some BSing and have a few cold ones JON
                              Project "RED DEVIL" 1983 chero SOA 40s and a hemi. Pending $$$$$ that sthe plan though....

BORN, BREED, AND BLEEDS JEEP..... ANY AND ALL

Lookin for M715 Fenders and a Rhino Grille PM if u have any leads thx

Comment

• smittles
                                230 Tornado
                                • Jan 24, 2011

Sadly for this thread, suzq044 and I have left San Diego. Metal Twister - do we have to unregister from scuff now? (j/k) I hope to visit occasionally.
                                There was a late 60s early 70s wag in Carlsbad. If the driver is at home, you can't miss this Wag on a side street parked in front of their house. Its right around the corner from El Camino Real and Alga Rd/Aviara Pkwy intersection. Also there's another 80s Wag/Grand we saw all the time on the side of the 101 in Encinitas(beach goer?) and occasionally in traffic around the 101 and La Costa Ave. We have even seen one or two go through the high end used dealer in south Encinitas. There's another used dealer just south of Encinitas Blvd that has had a couple of CJs. He's also had a few older cars and trucks too. IIRC there's even another GW off Paseo del Norte in Carlsbad between Poinsetta and Palomar Airport Rd.
                                So, there are a few more FSJs around San Diego that haven't checked in here or SCUFF. Just thought I would add what I remember.
                                Smittles

'Max' 1964 Panel Wag 230/T90
                                1946 Willys CJ? "Hurricane"/3spd (T90?)
                                1979 Jeep CJ7 V8 (304?)/3spd (if no one else claims it)
                                '05 WK blue lawn ornament
                                '05 WK silver lawn ornament
                                '08 Patriot silver lawn ornament.

Comment

Working...
                                X