WOW that is FUGLY!!!
    Ditto
    78 Chero NT..... nickname "Crash"
    84 GW 401, Rhino Grille
    03 Chevy Silverado 2500HD My DD/Tow Rig

Comment

• Stuka
      • Jan 21, 2001

The Grand Wagoneer is not coming back. Chrysler already tried doing a "new" FSJ with the Commander. It sales were poor to say the least.

The new Grand Cherokee is quite a bit larger than the WK, and quite a bit larger than an FSJ ever was (which is small to todays standards). So don't expect anything larger. A trim package, maybe.

With that said, the new Grand Cherokee is the best GC ever IMHO. I know it doesn't have solid axles, but it drives amazingly well. The interior is by far the best quality of any GC, and is really a huge step up from previous years (for any chrysler product).

Comment

• lunchbox1671
        350 Buick
        • Sep 22, 2010

I LOVE those photoshops!!!!

In all honesty though, if Chrysler were to do build a new platform, it needs to be a TRUCK. <--Period.

If it were a Commander truck, Grand Chero truck, Rubicon truck (a REAL production one), Liberty truck, whatever. ANY one of those would make an excellent candidate!
        1979 Jeep Cherokee Chief Sport 4 door N/T.
        -AMC 360 with RV cam
        -T-15A, Dana 20
        -Dana 44's, 3.54's,
        -32x11.50r16's

Comment

• eurowag
          232 I6
          • Feb 19, 2010

love the photoshop work too- saw them ages ago when surfin around, brilliant job. I recon theres definately room for a ltd production run model (even if its based on another platform with high level trim). The nostalgia thing is MASSIVE now- one of the best success stories in Europe (and USA) is the BMW mini. People are still buying them up like hot cakes and the estate/ countryman (wagon) version has really taken off now. (even seen wood kits too ) The new Fiat 500 is big business too and theres other cars using vintage stying cues. The Grand Wagoneer seems to capture all the wonder lust type exitement of the lost road trip generations- the town and country look with fitted luggage rack/ wood trim and super clean styling still looks fresh now. Ive had puzzled folk asking me 'is it new' or do they still make those etc. The style is allready creeping back to wagons (ford flex apparently took cues from the LTD wagon- the horizontal ribs on side and tailgate were styled to suggest wood) So who knows? - Id buy one (once it plummets in value after a few years )
          1990 White Grand Wagoneer 360

1998 Green XJ Cherokee 4 litre LTD euro spec
          1964 Red Ford Falcon Sprint 289 5 speed
          1961 Red Austin Healey 3000
          1971 Silver Honda 500 Four
          1989 Pontiac Safari 8 seater wagon

Comment

• tazjeeper
            327 Rambler
            • Apr 05, 2010

I forsee the name but not the jeep..
            I hope they do not use even the name. the new jeeps are junk in my mind.. just dodge junk...
            I like my old amc stuff.. its tough, its made with real metal and the new stuff is like a tin can..
            as far as the new grand cherokees i stoped at the dealer to look at the 2011's the other day.. 50 and 60gs is a lot for a jeep...
            I have a hard time spending 1g for something I am going to use abuse and do it all again the next day...
            JEEP Why did they make so many??? I just don't have the time to buy them all...LOL

Comment

• whowey
              232 I6
              • Oct 13, 2005

Originally posted by mnewxcv
              the one i posted is aftermarket, though ive seen some on the liberty, and i think that was factory.
              There is both for the Liberty. And neither looks good.

The same company that does the Commander wood grain also has one for the Patriot.
              1990 GW cruiser/tow rig
              CS-130 coversion

Comment

• scantar
                AMC 4 OH! 1
                • Jul 16, 2005

What I dislike is how Chrysler isn't just missing the boat on this, they're ignoring it altogether. The 'Wagoneer' moniker has been a staple of Jeepdom for years and just hearing the name invokes an image (not one of a rusting hulk dead on the side of the road either ).

They took the Cherokee image down to a smaller vehicle with its own purpose but they've been stupidly trying to come up with a new big Jeep image when they already have one on the shelf.
                '76 Waggy, TH400, Quadratrac and a fourOH!one Sold

My other car is a Viner Pro Team...no wait, my other car is a Masi Speciale...nonono, my other car is a Bianchi 928SL

Comment

• cajunKen
                  350 Buick
                  • Feb 19, 2007

from the Motor Trend February 2011 issue, page 10.........

"Jeep is being run by 46-year-old Brit Mike Manley, who cut his teeth in the business as a car dealer in the U.K. before moving to America with DaimlerChrysler eight years ago. Manley's vision for Jeep includes a new Grand Wagoneer, built on a lengthened wheelbase version of the new Grand Cherokee's platform. "Grand Wagoneer would be the pinnacle of Jeep," he says. "We still have work to do to be able to confirm we can do it, but it is very much in my plans." Also on the agenda are diesel engines for the U.S. market, and a new baby Jeep, smaller than the Compass, for the European market"

Guess it'll depend on how long Manley keeps his job; doesn't sound to me like it'll happen anytime soon.
                  Ken

'87 GW-360, 727/229, TFI, Holley Street Dominator manifold & Edelbrock 1406. Stock lift & tires.

Beef-It's what's for dinner....cause there ain't no d@mn shrimp in Colorado!

Comment

• suzq044
                    304 AMC
                    • Dec 23, 2008

Well, I posted it on another thread; I still haven't finished it. But this is my depiction of a new Wagoneer on the new Durango/Cherokee chassis.

Although, I did have the thought of it being a Flex competitor, in the realm of a 4x4 WAGON, that could tow more than the Durango, and offer 2-3x the luxury of the Cherokee Overland Summit, and even maybe having the 6.1 Hemi stock, and the 6.3 Hemi as the option.
                    Last edited by suzq044; 01-16-2011, 02:56 PM.
                    Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
                    Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• lunchbox1671
                      350 Buick
                      • Sep 22, 2010

I like the looks of that!

What I don't like is that it's going to be just like every other modern full-size SUV; a souped-up minivan.
                      -AMC 360 with RV cam
                      -T-15A, Dana 20
                      -Dana 44's, 3.54's,
                      -32x11.50r16's

Comment

• suzq044
                        304 AMC
                        • Dec 23, 2008

That's kind of why I was toying with the idea of playing with a Flex styled body.
                        Max²: 1964 Jeep Panel Wagoneer
                        Planning Stages

2018 Wagoneer Rendering if you're interested.

Comment

• kaklask
                          232 I6
                          • Jul 22, 2009

I read somewhere that they were indeed coming out with a jeep gladiator truck for 2012 which would be released in 2011. cant remember where i read it but I sure was excited for some reason cause i know i sure cant afford one.

Comment

• cajunKen
                            350 Buick
                            • Feb 19, 2007

Originally posted by kaklask
                            but I sure was excited for some reason cause i know i sure cant afford one.
                            lol, same here....I couldn't afford a waggy back when they were new; I gurun-tee a new wag would be ridiculously over priced
                            Ken

'87 GW-360, 727/229, TFI, Holley Street Dominator manifold & Edelbrock 1406. Stock lift & tires.

Beef-It's what's for dinner....cause there ain't no d@mn shrimp in Colorado!

Comment

• J300Zack
                              232 I6
                              • Oct 15, 2007

I'm a tech at a Chrysler dealer and we recently received a news letter saying that 2013 The Jeep Grand Wagoneer will be released. I cant copy the website because you need my password to access it but this was an excerpt...

"...CEO Sergio Marchionne
                              ?It?s time we gave the market an upper-scale Grand Wagoneer,? Marchionne said at a press conference at the Detroit auto show yesterday. ?You?ll see it in January 2013.?
                              According to Marchionne, the Grand Wagoneer will be a seven-passenger SUV based on the WK2 platform, which is already used beneath today?s Grand Cherokee and the new 2011 Dodge Durango."

He also said that even tho it will be replacing the Commander it will show little resemblance because the Commander was "Unfit for human consumption" lol
                              I also read a quote that all Jeeps with be trail rated from now on because he doesnt like mickey mouse jeeps.....very interested to how this will turn out.
                              '65 J300 Thriftside, Cummins Tow Rig (Sittin' in the field)
                              '97 Tj 4.6L Stroker, locked, and rock rashed (Current DD)
                              '86 Waggy, 360, Ax-15, Np231 (For Sale)
                              '04 CBR 600RR, (Got to drive something fast)

Comment

• lunchbox1671
                                350 Buick
                                • Sep 22, 2010

I'm not sure about their definition of "trail rated." Seems like their definition is about the same as a Plymouth Voyager.

If it's going to have a prestigious designation like "trail rated," it better be able to keep up with a stock Rubicon Wrangler!
                                -AMC 360 with RV cam
                                -T-15A, Dana 20
                                -Dana 44's, 3.54's,
                                -32x11.50r16's

Comment

Working...
                                X