X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Greenfire
    350 Buick
    • Nov 13, 2004

What a weekend... Glad to of met the MD crew and see your rigs. The UNIMOG was quite impressive. Was the owners name Bob? I think Im going to do the same with my R/C day tags. I passsed you guys getting on 81 in the evening.

This was a big weekend for me. First time out with tthe Jeep on a trailer. I wanted to make it wall work and did so with success.

I arrived Sat morning to meet GOJO and his crew in the parking lot. Unloaded, then went to register where I found some familiar faces, Anne and JR. Also met Anne's brother who was a big help as photographer and navigator. Went to their camp, got organized then headed out meeting up with the MD crew for a short time, then JR, etc decided to split up the groups since they were on more challenging trails. As usuall two Gwags and a Honcho got plenty of looks as we drove through. At lunch time we met up with PineyMike and his crew of assorted vehicles. Once again a good choice of trails

Sun was a continuation of Sat with a cheby and Grand Cherokee added to the crew. Our last trail before lunch gave myself and JR a bit of a challenge. (Big dent in my rig, yes there always has to be some carnage) As usuall Anne pulled through with no problems.. At lunch time on Sun I was anxious to get loaded and on the road. Got my rig on the trailer with some guidance from JR, and strapped it all down. Said goodbye to everyone and got on the road, back to NY. Was a beautiful trip home.

Was good to see some old friends and meet some new people. We went on some really good trails, that were a nice challenge for my new rig. I only took a handfull of pics and will get them up soon. Looking foward to the Pine Barrens!!
    Last edited by Greenfire; 10-11-2009, 05:40 PM.
    1984 J10

Comment

• GOJO
      232 I6
      • Nov 05, 2007

UNIMOG and Camelback

Yes, our friend Bob Zuern owns the UNIMOG. It's a little underpowered with only an 85 hp engine so unfortunately in any situation that requires 'turn and burn' he burns out too quickly and runs out of power. Sloppy hillclimbs and slippery rocks can stop him in his tracks. But that thing can crawl.

BTW, we also hit Camelback which is way down at the bottom of the South Property. This was a first time on that one and it was, shall we say, interesting -- a series of wicked humps with holes and off camber galor. We teetered in a couple spots and backed up to try a different route. I'm kind of a wimp so it's probably not as bad as I'm making it sound. Ricky was driving GOJO and except for an occasional 'Oh, sh?t', he was grinning all the way.

Comment

• Battle_Wagon_NJ
        327 Rambler
        • Jun 08, 2005

More Pics to Come

Here's a link to the PhotoBucket album.

I'm having trouble loading the videos right now, but here's a start...

1986 Grand Wagoneer, HEI, 4" spring lift, 31" BFG tires, vintage warn winch, 100k mi (mint when I bought it in 2001, now - not so much!)
        The Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Someone you know used to drive one of these. Ask me about Mid-Atlantic Full Size Jeep Club events.

Comment

• 91G-Dub
          360 AMC
          • Aug 21, 2004

Thanks for posting the pics Anne. Rausch Creek over-run with FSJs is always a good thing
          Sounds like a good trip was had by all, sorry I missed it.
          91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running
          1991 Grand Wagoneer Gray Ghost (bone stock) STATUS Gone but not forgotten

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
          It is its natural manure."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Greenfire
            350 Buick
            • Nov 13, 2004

You wasn't kiddin about that wheel being up in the air! Cool pics!

Glad your bro got a shot of the AMC Eagle. I thought that was neat.
            1984 J10

Comment

• Headhoncho
              AMC 4 OH! 1
              • Oct 11, 2006

Once again another successful trip to Rausch Creek. Setting up camp in the daylight.......what a novel concept, who'd have thought possible. We showed up friday afternoon and found high ground as we were definitely expecting some precipitation over the weekend. Anne had us starting the weekend off on the right foot by supplying a couple venison tenderloins, sweet potatos and corn on the cob which were all cooked on/in the fire. Bill, everyone was missing your company, and your coffee. While the weekend was off to a great start, It didn't last long as we had some passing showers into and through the night. The next morning we awoke to the sounds of un-muffled trucks, electric impact guns, and a fire that was hanging on by a thread due to rain. Doesn't get much better than that. Shortly we were all awake and cooking breakfast. Afterwards, we went to sign in, saw Jason in line and invited him over to our camp. Next we headed out and quickly caught the Maryland crew having some fun. GoJo looked to be having some cooling issues (fan clutch) so we continued on just the three of us. Had a great time and headed back to camp to make lunch when Pineymike showed up. His boys came by later to complete the group. What a blast. Trails were wet and challenging, no breakage, didn't spill any Pepsi, and still nursing a damaged right ear from my passenger screaming for dear life while going down into, through, and back out of Winch Hill All in all a great time, great weather, showering to Led Zepplin, great people and cool trucks.

BTW, Jason, congrats on an awesome trail rig. It performs as good as it looks. Just fix that dent in the left rear quarter panel.

JR
              Last edited by Headhoncho; 10-14-2009, 05:49 AM.
              [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
              1966 mustang fastback
              '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                360 AMC
                • Aug 21, 2004

Thanks for the Trail Report and pics JR.

Who's black J truck is that? Looks great.
                91G-Dub = Bill Houston

1979/1980 J-10 Junkyard Dog 258 4 speed D44 front AMC 20 rear 3.31 Lincoln Locker Status Running

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Greenfire
                  350 Buick
                  • Nov 13, 2004

BTW, Jason, congrats on an awesome trail rig. It performs as good as it looks. Just fix that dent in the left rear quarter panel.
                  After looking at these pics, Im lucky thats all I did! Well at least i didn't get have to be pulled out by a.. oh nevermind

But seriously, I think I need new springs. Rig leans to easily, esp that left rear, which resulted in my dent. I think it should be more stable.
                  1984 J10

Comment

• Greenfire
                    350 Buick
                    • Nov 13, 2004

Originally posted by 91G-Dub
                    Thanks for the Trail Report and pics JR.

Who's black J truck is that? Looks great.
                    The black J truck was with another group. I think Pineymike got to talk to him a bit. It was an impressive rig and has a small camera mounted on the front bumper.
                    1984 J10

Comment

• Headhoncho
                      AMC 4 OH! 1
                      • Oct 11, 2006

Originally posted by Greenfire
                      The black J truck was with another group. I think Pineymike got to talk to him a bit. It was an impressive rig and has a small camera mounted on the front bumper.

It's a '68 Gladiator with a complete one ton ch*vy drivetrain plus a Ford t/c doubled in. Very cool and very capable.

JR
                      [quote] "How does someone from Iran have a BJ's Offroad sticker but I can't seem to get one sent to New Jersey???!!!"

1980 Honcho Sportside w/37's, 351c, 14" lift, D44high pinion w/Aussie, crossover steering, 14b w/detroit, np435, 205, 5.13's, 4whl discs, hb brakes, OBAir, rusted out cab,
                      1966 mustang fastback
                      '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Headhoncho
                        AMC 4 OH! 1
                        • Oct 11, 2006

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=M4H00557.flv

Video of me stuck on a log. My own fault for playing.

JR

1966 mustang fastback
                        '07 Dodge Charger 3.5

Comment

• Greenfire
                          350 Buick
                          • Nov 13, 2004

A few pictures...

Click for bigger image...

1984 J10

Comment

• 91G-Dub
                            360 AMC
                            • Aug 21, 2004

Great pics Jason, thanks for posting
                            91G-Dub = Bill Houston

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                            X