View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Grease Monkey

Sticker shock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showngo
If you had ever tryed to fabricate something like that you would understand why they cost so much There is a lot of time involved and materials aren't cheap.Plus the overhead of their business.Nobody gives away,workspace ,tools or utilities.
I am involved with a little project making wind turbine towers. The price of steel is through the roof, electricity insurance and equipment to do first clas work are expensive and You can't sell anything without the option of powdercaoting. Since every SUV has different roof curvature and suitable attaching points a good one must be vehicle specific. Then there's design time and jig construction. All these expenses have to be spread out over the production run and the demand is questionable.

'67 Scout 152cid w/EFI and turbo also My own a little help from Chrysler. I am a fabricator, I make stuff up!

facebookGGAutoCare