X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blt2krl
    AMC 4 OH! 1
    • Apr 03, 2001

are they the factory springs minus the spring clamps? I bent my clamps up to keep the springs from faning left to right, but still allow them to seperate a bit.
    Paul Hartman
    79 waggoneer
    AMC360/TH-400/203/205
    DANA 60/14 BOLT 5.13'S AND DETROITS
    39.5 IROKS C.B.I OFF ROAD TUBING GALORE
    www.cbioffroadfab.com
    WWW.PLANET4X4.NET

Comment

• Stolen76
      350 Buick
      • Dec 13, 2001

I had to cut off my spring clips when I did the AAL. I replaced them with an "L" bracket. Just wrapped it around the spring pack and welded it together. I like the quarters, great idea.
      76 Wag, 360, TH400, 3.55\'s<br />Q-Trac P/T, 16%OD, 2\" AAL<br />Uniroyal LT265/75-16\'s on 16x7\'s

Comment

• Baldy
        232 I6
        • Nov 09, 2001

Those quarters are a great idea...will do it on my upcoming chero.
        79, 8 lug waggy. <br /><a href=\"http://www.4wheeler.ca/gallery/Readers/100_1491_sized\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.4wheeler.ca/gallery/Readers/100_1491_sized</a>

Comment

• testuser
          Administrator
          • Apr 09, 2000

wanted to say that looks great. i hate the overhang on the wags...and the fact that you can beat on it inspires me to do it!!

great job!! thanks for sharing.

Comment

• robselina
            304 AMC
            • Feb 26, 2003

Thanks guys!

They're rusty's 4" lift springs. They have a very thick overload leaf, that's what moves. I'm swaping axles really soon by the looks of it, so I'll tighten down that center pin then. Thanks for the tip on that. I'll see what I can find in the way of clamps too, these springs have them, but they don't cover the overload spring.
            Rob

Comment

• robselina
              304 AMC
              • Feb 26, 2003

I found some other pics of this mod sitting in my webspace, so I figured I'd post them in. Most where meant to show something else, but you can see this just as well.

Sorry Merc, that was probably WAY more pictures than you wanted
              Rob

Comment

• Matty
                327 Rambler
                • Dec 01, 2002

Thats pretty tight Rob. I'll probably to that to Sarge before I'm done...lol
                1977 wagoneer - \"Sarg\"<br />401cu of AMC rice eating power

Comment

• rockjeep44
                  The Advisor
                  • Oct 15, 2001

Originally posted by blt2krl:
                  are they the factory springs minus the spring clamps? I bent my clamps up to keep the springs from faning left to right, but still allow them to seperate a bit.
                  Great minds think alike, I did the exact same thing to mine. Worked great
                  Buggy Buildup

Originally posted by welchct
                  There are about 5 trails that actualy have section that are upwards of 85* and climb 40-50 feet at this deg.
                  "The combination of fine split tail and fine whiskey will make any man lose focus." -FSJeeper

Comment

• chief-runs-with-deere
                    232 I6
                    • Oct 28, 2003

That is a great idea. i will be doing that when I trim my fenders, to make room for my 38's. nice job

Andy
                    For all of your off road fab and building needs call Bad Boy Off-Road <br />(503) 887-7245<br /><br />76 Cherokee Cief<br />401-th400- q-trac.<br />Soon to come:<br />SOA<br />4 inch sus lift <br />38 boggers <br />John Deere Green with yellow highlights <br />Gears, Lockers <br /><br />Really honey I don\'t need a winch!!!

Comment

• trickc
                      304 AMC
                      • Nov 29, 2000

I did basically the same thing on my choptop. One of the limiting factors is the gas filler lines running thru the inner fender at the bottom. Unless you relocate the lines but that was a whole 'nother can o worms.
                      73 j-4000 "buttercup"-SOA 36's 4 door cab

78 wagoneer choptop-SOA 36's, 6 point cage, blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                      X