• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Honchov8
    232 I6
    • Jul 09, 2010

Honcho vs. J10 with stainless trim

I have a nice 76 Honcho, Natuical Blue with blue interior that I'm going to restore. My problem is that I really like the look of the stainless side trim on the shortbox J10's over the Honcho decal package. Is it difficult to put the stainless trim on a truck that didn't come with it originally from the factory? The fact that with the trim you can create a nice looking two tone paint scheme is what really intrigues me. Thoughts....
    1976 J10 Honcho "Z" code
  • NCOfab
    258 I6
    • Apr 25, 2007

honcho or not if ur rebuilding it build it paint it trim it how u like all the honcho was is a trim package doesnt make it any dif then a reg j10sb maby unless u got a sport side
    81 j10 honcho with a stroked amc 360/727/208 tts soa kit, and bjs 4inch lift 35inch baja claws

http://ncofab.ca/ in the works

79 j10 amc 360 t18 d20
    79 j20 amc 360 auto np208
    81 honcho sportside

NCOFAB Facebook

Comment

• Ristow
      • Jan 20, 2006

you'll need to drill the holes down the side for the clips that hold the trim. not a big deal,just want to have them in the right spot on the body line.
      Originally posted by Hankrod
      Ristows right.................again,

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      ... like the little 'you know what's' that you are.

Originally posted by Fasts79Chief
      I LOVE how Ristow has stolen my comment about him ... "Quoted" it ... and made himself famous for being an ***hole to people. Hahahahahahahahahha!

It's like you're unraveling a big cable-knit sweater that someone keeps knitting...and knitting...and knitting...and knitting...

Comment

• mrtazwrench
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Nov 10, 2001

The box I put on my J20 had the trim, the cab did not, I put trim on the cab and did OE color with a different color on the bottom. Here's a public link to my build pics...

Chad
        "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
        https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
        88Wag
        87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
        83Cherokee WT
        82J20
        Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• Honchov8
          232 I6
          • Jul 09, 2010

Chad,

Thanks for sharing the photos of your truck. Is your paint scheme black over gray or is it more of a charcoal over gray its tought to tell in the pics. Either way it looks great......
          1976 J10 Honcho "Z" code

Comment

• mrtazwrench
            AMC 4 OH! 1
            • Nov 10, 2001

Originally posted by Honchov8
            Chad,

Thanks for sharing the photos of your truck. Is your paint scheme black over gray or is it more of a charcoal over gray its tought to tell in the pics. Either way it looks great......
            Thanks! The dark color is the OE dark/charcoal gray, then I ordered tailgate decals from BJ'S and had my body guy match the paint. The tailgate decals have bubbles in them and the body guy thought they were old, hoping once they get out in the hot sun they will be OK, if not I got a set of chrome decals here, but I want to stay with the color matching ones.
            Chad
            "Let's see that Red Blue Green **** sucker build one of these without duct taping it together!"
            https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3&l=76427b95fd
            88Wag
            87J20 Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association
            83Cherokee WT
            82J20
            Parts vehicles: 1.5 Wags, 3.5 J20's, 1 J10 1 J300

Comment

• Driftwood
              350 Buick
              • Jun 12, 2000

Where did you find the plastic trim clips for the stainless trim? I need replacements for my 79 wag.
              1979 Wagoneer

Comment

Working...
              X