How much lift will I get with a Rustys add a leaf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Drivir8
    350 Buick
    • Nov 01, 2002

How much lift will I get with a Rustys add a leaf?

how much lift if any with a rustys add a leaf? or does that just bring it back to "normal"? also, what is the differance in a "body lift" and the spring lift kits???
  • JeepBountyHunter
    GrimJeeperReaper
    • Jul 08, 2002

That's what I wanna know, I just printed off their order form and will fax soon, for the 4" LIft kit, with new front springs, rear adl's, and shocks.....
    1992 Cherokee XJ Laredo

Comment

• 1980chief
      232 I6
      • Jul 05, 2002

i'm pretty sure its 2.5 inches...thats what it was on my xj lift anyways
      Darren/1980 jeep cherokee chief

Comment

• Stuka
        • Jan 21, 2001

the 4" lift with rear AAL uses a 2" block, and a 2.5" AAL.

A body lift lifts the body off the frame, with larger mounting bushings, this can have some bad side effects.

A suspension lift makes the axles farther below the frame, which actually gives you more ground clearance.

Comment

• Bombadier
          360 AMC
          • Dec 06, 2001

i was wondering about AALs front and rear, the 2" Rustys. If the springs are really bad, would we really get 1-2" of extra height, or would it just return the ride to stock level?
          Why do I carry a gun? Because a whole cop would be too heavy.

Originally posted by 2MANY4X'S2FIX:
          I just want her to suck, squeeze, bang, and blow as reliably as the rest of the fleet. Is that too much too ask?
          "Gilgamesh"
          1981 Cherokee Laredo W/T

Like MountainBiking?

Visit the Land of Off-Topic

Comment

• Stuka
            • Jan 21, 2001

as far as i know that lifts the vehicle 2" over what it is current at. not 2" above stock. (such as the 4" lift is known for giving closer to 5" of lift becausse of sagged springs)

Comment

• Drivir8
              350 Buick
              • Nov 01, 2002

ok... so why would you do a body lift at all??? I am looking at the 3.5-4 add a leaf and the 3.5-4 spring pack... I like the PRICE of the add a leaf MUCH better, but I need some help in what to choose... I want it a couple inches over stock... it sags in the back right now but the front looks ok. I just want a bit more ground clearance and able to use the largest tire on stock wheels...

Comment

Working...
              X