J-10 model kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J-10 model kit

For those interested, Revell has come out with a J-10 kit. 1980 Honcho with blue and orange decals. Has the grille guard, lights, roll bar, couple of gas cans, tool box, and snowmobile. Everything molded in white and clear, no "chrome" parts at all. Found it at Hobby Lobby yesterday. With the 40% off coupon is $18.

No idea how long Revell is going to be around, they are part of the Hobbico bankruptcy, and no bids on them. If you want one, grab it soon.

Now if we could get Waggy and W/T Cherk kits.....
    Last edited by goldhammer; 04-03-2018, 12:13 PM.
    Art
    ASE Master Collision Tech
    "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Member: FSJ Prissy Restoration Assoc.
  • Heavy_Metal_Thunder_81
    Cherokee Outlaw
    • Jan 10, 2006

Great, one more distraction to keep me from building my real Jeep
    -Jonny B.
    1979 Cherokee Golden Eagle - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
    7" Alcan springs, BJ's HD shackles - 35x12.5x15 BFG Mud Terrains
    AMC 401 - Pro-Flo 4 EFI
    NV4500/NWF BB/NP205 - Triple Stick'd
    F D44 - 4.10, Eaton E-Locker
    R M23 - 4.10, Detroit Locker

1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Cherokee Chief - Parts
    1979 Wagoneer - Sold
    1981 Cherokee Chief - Cubed

Comment

True, but is a LOT cheaper....
      Art
      "Beast" - 81 "S" W/T, 85-360, T-18, Lock-rite,wag alloys, 31-10.50 Pro Comp MT's, Warn 8274 in a fabbed bumper/deer strainer(tested and approved)

88 XJ, 3" lift, 31-10.50's, custom bumpers and winch/tow bar mounts, Warn 9500HS, custom sliders/steps, camo paint, & headliner

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
        AMC 4 OH! 1
        • Jul 18, 2003

I just picked up one yesterday. I came here to check and see if anyone else had noticed it.
        Me and my girlfriend were at hobby lobby just killing time, and I about crapped when I saw it! I had been looking for one of the honcho model kits for years! Ebay prices were crazy for original vintage kits and hard to find. I had written it off as "never gonna get one".
        They also had all their metal signs 50% off. They had quite a few different metal Jeep signs. I picked up 3 of them.

Goldhammer, where did you get a 40% off coupon? If I had one of those, I would go buy another one just to put back. I had to pay $30 for my kit.
        79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
        Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
        93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

You can print one off at their web page. Mine shows up in our Sunday paper, usually in the sports section. Just take a pic and show it at checkout. Good for a week at a time, and can use it daily.

Got another one the other day to put back. Going to do one in blue and another in gold or copper to take advantage of both colors of decals.
          Art

Comment

• Don S
            • Feb 06, 2002

I bought mine in sometime between 1973 and 1984. Some day I'll put it together... Yeah right...

I have the original special addition Revel Arizona kit un opened.
            I've got an R.C. Hornet and also the big fantastic R.C Wild Willy's flat fender M-38 Sumo wrestling jeep. These are both un built.
            I got these wholesale and thought they cost a lot in the 70 and 80's

They'll still be in the box during my estate sale.. Don S..

Wait for it.... But I'm only 83 now!
            Sold our 1976 Wagoneer 406, MC4300, TH400, QT, TruTrac, 2" lift, 31x10.50s, duel Optimas,
            It?s took us over 161 Colorado Mountain Passes, 3 Jeep Jamboree USAs & 2 Ouray Invasions from 1985 to 2010
            ACRONYMS & ABBREVIATIONS HERE

Comment

There were 3-4 incarnations of the old Honcho kit. This one's body shell is dated 2016, but don't know how much of the rest of it is shared from the old molds
              Art

Comment

• ZackN920
                350 Buick
                • Nov 18, 2015

Don't remember when it was,(earlier this year) but back when I was fixing my Wagoneer's original stereo I visited the local little hobby store in town. While he was looking through what he had for miniature lightbulbs (that I was looking for) I looked around shop and he had a few J series models on shelf for sale. I thought that was kind of cool to see, but I have no interest to build model cars anymore so...that was that.
                1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
                Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
                ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

If they were the old Honcho, poison, or ones with a canopy, would be worth while to pick them up, especially if they were still at old pricing (way under $20 a piece). I'd even buy a poison or canopy one. Hard to come by and worth a few bucks on ebay.
                  Art

Comment

• JeepsAndGuns
                    AMC 4 OH! 1
                    • Jul 18, 2003

Originally posted by goldhammer
                    You can print one off at their web page. Mine shows up in our Sunday paper, usually in the sports section. Just take a pic and show it at checkout. Good for a week at a time, and can use it daily.

Got another one the other day to put back. Going to do one in blue and another in gold or copper to take advantage of both colors of decals.
                    Wow, thanks! I had no clue they had those coupons on their site. I will definitely be going back and picking up another one. I will put one together, and put the other one back and keep it sealed.
                    I remember a few years ago I was trying to find one of the original honcho kits, and ebay prices crazy, (like $100+). I figured I would never have a chance to get a honcho kit. I am so glad they brought them back out.
                    79 Cherokee Chief 401/T18/D20, MPFI fuel injection, hydroboost, otherwise stock.
                    Future mods: Caddy 500/NV4500/NP205, HP D60 front D60 smooth botom rear, 5.13 gears, 35x12.50's on H1 beadlock wheels. Warn M12000 winch.
                    93 Wrangler 4.6 stroker/AX15/NP231,SYE,CV, OME 2.5 lift, front hub conversion/big brakes, 31X10.50's Warn M10000 winch.

Comment

• ZackN920
                      350 Buick
                      • Nov 18, 2015

Originally posted by goldhammer
                      If they were the old Honcho, poison, or ones with a canopy, would be worth while to pick them up, especially if they were still at old pricing (way under $20 a piece). I'd even buy a poison or canopy one. Hard to come by and worth a few bucks on ebay.
                      To be honest, I don't remember what they were. I'm thinking the one right up front was a Honcho. Well, it showed on the box that it had a graphics package on the truck. So It also looked old, like it was sitting on shelf in the back for years and he finally brought it out to sell...

Price wise, I'm thinking they were like $15.99, maybe $16.99... Not sure on that either.

...If they had a canopy, wouldn't that be the Military version of the Gladiator Series trucks?
                      1990 Jeep Grand Wagoneer-"Big Jeep"

AMC 360, TF727, NP229, 2.72 gears, 2" lift
                      Rancho 44044 springs, Rusty's 2" AAL, TFI w/ MSD C/R
                      ...in pieces for more rust repair...

Comment

Was a straight up civvy Honcho with a stylized canopy, packaged as "The Dude".

See one everyonce in awhile on Ebay.

Couple of different boxings of the Honcho, the Poison boxing and the above dude. Looks like this one is the fifth incarnation.

Been working on one, needs some cleanup on the roof, but not much else.
                        Art

Comment

Working...
                        X