• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chris P.
    350 Buick
    • Oct 12, 2003

Good Clutch Kits?

In the near future I'll be putting a new clutch in my Honcho for the second time. I put in a new LUK clutch last winter when i had the engine out for a new cam, intake, etc. I had heard a lot of good things about LUK clutches, but right off the bat the pedal felt way too light. Under heavy acceleration it slips badly. I didn't resurface the flywheel so that may be part of the problem, but it feels almost like the pressure plate springs are weak.

Anyway, what are some other good clutches. I have heard some good and bad things about Centerforce. What is the difference between a Centerforce I and II?
    79 J10 Honcho 360/T-18/D20
    Summit 8600 cam, GM TBI
    78 Wagoneer 360/TH400/QT

• addicted
    Big Meanie
    • Dec 11, 2004

You are going to find that there aren't many clutch manufacturers out there. LUK is one of the biggest and I am pretty sure (not positive) that they make Centerforces clutches for them. There are different clamping force pressure plates out there and if it is too light it will slip and not feel right.
    The Centerforce clutches are rated for agressiveness I being the friendliest and II being the bully and designed more for racing or people that like a clutch that is rather grabby and not very forgiving.
    Originally posted by Ristow
    i bet it was Simon....
    he's such big meanie that way...
    please don't tell him i said that....

Comment

Working...
    X