i may regret it but i bought a body lift and new bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • motion vega
    232 I6
    • Nov 17, 2009

i may regret it but i bought a body lift and new bushings.

been a few years since i installed one. i wasnt even gonna do it but i felt the need for a few minutes and then it was to late to stop myself.
    88 grand waggy with almost nothing done to it but a severe beating.
  • Jeep'rs Creep'rs
    232 I6
    • Jun 14, 2011

i just did the same thing. body bushings are on backorder, body lift will be here monday. i guess we should start spraying it down with penetrating oil...
    1990 Grand Wagoneer, stock (so far)
    "Crate" 360 w/ 7K miles

Comment

• serehill
      Gone,Never Forgotten.
      • Nov 22, 2009

yep

You can't have too much PB balster & you can't start spraying th eboltds too early. It's tedious but not that hard minor adjustments are require but I didn't have ave great issues. I did mine to ahieve lift & keep a low center of Gravity. Well more than total lift. I know it's not everyones cup of tea but I like it better than total lift. one of th ebest results/ side effect was more engine access. Good luck guys It's teedious & wou'll be happe you bough tnew bushing. I used an electric impact on mine to assist with losening th ebolts with great results. pusshing as hard as you can with a wrench is nt good, the impact havvers the bolts loose. It worked on mine. Take you time work the bolts. Replacing the nut plates are not fun.

80 Cherokee
      360 ci 727 with
      Comp cams 270 h
      NP208
      Edlebrock performer intake
      Holley 4180
      Msd total multi spark.
      4" rusty's springs
      Member, FSJ Prissy Restoration Association

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• Tad
        • Nov 30, 2001

I have found with our captive nuts for the body mounts that in addition to very frequent spraying with PB that it helps to tighten them just a little.
        tighten...loosen...tighten...loosen
        Just enough to break the rust bond and get the penetrating oil soaked into all the threads.
        2000 Infinity QX4, 3.3L, MPFI, 4 speed auto, 2 speed Nissan tcase, Unibody, IFS front, 4 link rear solid axle with 255-70/16s

IFSJA WMS PROJECT
        EARLY WAG LIFT SEARCH

...Pay no attention to these heathen barbarians with their cutting torches and 8" lift kits!...
        Self Inflicted Flesh Wound

Comment

• serehill
          Gone,Never Forgotten.
          • Nov 22, 2009

No doubt

Originally posted by Tad
          I have found with our captive nuts for the body mounts that in addition to very frequent spraying with PB that it helps to tighten them just a little.
          tighten...loosen...tighten...loosen
          Just enough to break the rust bond and get the penetrating oil soaked into all the threads.
          Tad's is the
          Best process.

I did this with my impact forward reverese forward reverse.
          Last edited by serehill; 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM.

80 Cherokee
          360 ci 727 with
          Comp cams 270 h
          NP208
          Holley 4180
          Msd total multi spark.
          4" rusty's springs

If you can't make it better why waste your time. No use repeating the orignal mistakes. I'm to old to push it that's why.

Comment

• motion vega
            232 I6
            • Nov 17, 2009

fortunatly i have a compressor here and at the barn, granted the barns 80 gallon ingersoll will me more helpfull then the 70s 20 gallon belt drive here.i man put this off till it warms up and use the neighbors post lift, since i only have a scissors lift for now.

Comment

• serehill
              Gone,Never Forgotten.
              • Nov 22, 2009

Yep

I use my electric impact because it is not as strong as my pneumatic one either could work I suppose. I just want the impacrt function not the highest power for this. I suppose there is no wrong way on this.

80 Cherokee
              360 ci 727 with
              Comp cams 270 h
              NP208
              Holley 4180
              Msd total multi spark.
              4" rusty's springs

Comment

• Husker77
                232 I6
                • Jan 05, 2013

Will one of you guys make a thread and document the installation, I would really like to see how it goes.

Comment

• Jeep'rs Creep'rs
                  232 I6
                  • Jun 14, 2011

Originally posted by Husker77
                  Will one of you guys make a thread and document the installation, I would really like to see how it goes.
                  that is my intention everytime, but i usually get so engrossed that i forget to keep taking pictures
                  1990 Grand Wagoneer, stock (so far)
                  "Crate" 360 w/ 7K miles

Comment

• Mr. Goatman
                    327 Rambler
                    • Jan 05, 2006

I've had a kit here for a year but I know I have some loose nuts and just don't want to cut the holes. It would be great to see some picts from you to inspire me.
                    Remember; When it comes to tools and toys forgiveness is ALWAYS easier than permission!

Comment

• motion vega
                      232 I6
                      • Nov 17, 2009

ill do some pics then i guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X